Reload this Page >

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.

Old 10-03-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.

For the first time in franchise history, EA SPORTS is giving fans the power to choose who’s on the cover of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 along with Tiger Woods himself. From Oct. 3-23 you can vote for your favorite among 16 golfers – listed below – in a match play bracket-style vote on facebook.com/tigerwoodspgatour.

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 will have two different covers – one for North America and one for Europe. That means eight American golfers on one side of the bracket and eight Europeans on the other. The golfers were selected and seeded based on a combination of the Official World Golf Rankings, the FedExCup Rankings/Race to Dubai Rankings and “Fandom” rankings. Fandom rank is a combination of Twitter followers, Facebook fans and traffic to each golfer’s official website.

Two golfers will go head-to-head each week until a winner is determined on each side of the bracket. The winners will be announced via Facebook on October 24.

I guess it's never too early to talk about the next Tiger Woods PGA Tour game.
Old 10-03-11, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.

I have no interest in this series anymore. The last iteration was ok but nothing that really moved the series into elite territory... Plus Tiger isn't even a top 50 ranked golfer anymore
Old 10-03-11, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Agree. It's stupid to even have him on the cover. They should call it The Masters 13.

I voted for Peyton Hillis.

It's too bad that Adam Scott isn't a choice. How funny would it be to have those two on the cover together?

Here's the list of choices:
North American players who can be voted in: Ben Crane, Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Dustin Johnson, Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan, Rocco Mediate and Bubba Watson.

European players: Paul Casey, Luke Donald, Ross Fisher, Graeme McDowell, Rory McIlroy, Edoardo Molinari, Ian Poulter and Justin Rose.
Old 10-03-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't like the multiple player covers. Fifa does that and they reuse some guys over and over.

I'd vote for Paula Creamer
Old 10-04-11, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

They should put Natalie Gulbis on the cover.
Old 10-04-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

How about a picture of my credit card since they've de-contented the game and made just about every feature and course an additional download.
Old 10-06-11, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Why make us choose? Just put all of his mistresses on the cover...

Or at least 6, that way there's an 18 hole course.
Old 10-06-11, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I do wonder if the $30 of d/l courses I bought for TW12 will be usable in this version?
Old 03-06-12, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The demo is now out for the 360 and PS3. I hate the new swing mechanic. It ruins the whole game for me. I guess I will stick with TW 12.
Old 03-06-12, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
The demo is now out for the 360 and PS3. I hate the new swing mechanic. It ruins the whole game for me. I guess I will stick with TW 12.
I actually went back to TW10 from 12. I just couldn't deal with not being able to fully turn off the caddy and especially with that damn putting circle. I have the demo for TW13 so I will spend some time with it but right now i am just enjoying TW10 so i certainly wont be rushing out(again) to get the new version.
Old 03-07-12, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved 10... until it decided to delete my progress out of the blue! MUST resist buying TW13... every year I swear I'm out and I get sucked right back in. I love the game for a month then it gets shelved.

I read that you can use "in game" currency to buy new courses this year; your "persistence" by playing TW finally nets you something that only real world $$ could net you in the past.
Old 03-08-12, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Looks like no Vita version. Big miss in my book; this is the game I was hoping to have portable.
Old 03-13-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/chtNLyraGwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-13-12, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Does anyone know what the differences are between this version (The Maters Collector's Edition) :

And the standard version :

If the standard version doesn't have Augusta in it, I'd consider that a big disappointment. From the Amazon description of the standard version, it seems like it does include it though.
Product Features
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard

Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 support, which allows for motion and voice control capabilities on the course.
Improve your game with a true-to-life golf swing. Experience authentic golf that emulates your swing style as you drive the ball down the fairway or sink a 30 foot putt.
For one week each spring, golf's greatest players from around the world gather on the sacred grounds of Augusta National Golf Club and now you can take part in one the greatest traditions in sports, the Masters Tournament.
Take on the best of the best on some of the world's most celebrated championship golf courses around the globe, including the St. Andrews Links, Pebble Beach Golf Links, TPC Sawgrass and many more.
Invite friends to join exclusive online country clubs and team up to gain quicker access to downloadable features or compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship.
There's something strangely over-specific about that wording though, like you can only play it for one week or something.

BTW : How sad is it that Shaq seems to have aged better than Tiger has?
Or is it worse that I can clearly remember when that balding golfer was too young to enter nightclubs?
Old 03-13-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

This is what it says on EB's site.

"The Collector's Edition offers 5 additional golf courses, access to Augusta National's world-class Tournament Practice Facility, an exclusive Green Jacket presentation and more."

If it's like last year, Augusta will be part of the standard edition.
Old 03-27-12, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DLC Course Prices Rise with Tiger Woods 13.

One important feature addition with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is the ability to secure rounds on downloadable content courses using “coins” earned in-game. It’ll take some time to evaluate the rate “coins” are earned and how much time with DLC courses that will equate to but early indications are it will not be plentiful enough to significantly erode the value of the DLC and the potential revenue EA Sports expects to earn from it.

Taking into account that some consumers may now attempt to avoid buying courses due to the feature the prices of the DLC have actually been raised. Individual courses in Tiger 13 sell for $5 which is up from $4 with Tiger 12. The big pack of 11 courses is going for $40 with Tiger 13 compared to Tiger 12′s pack of 13 courses that sold for $35.

•$5 for individual courses – 16 total courses currently available.

•$20 for 5 course pack: Spyglass Hill, TPC at San Antonio, Liberty National, Banff Springs, Greek Isles (Fantasy)

•$24 for 6 course pack: Waialae, Atlanta Athletic, River Course at Blackwolf Run, Costa Navarino, Predator (Fantasy), Highlands (Fantasy)

•$40 for 11 course pack (all DLC courses): Spyglass Hill, TPC at San Antonio, Liberty National, Banff Springs, Waialae, River Course at Blackwolf Run, Atlanta Athletic, Costa Navarino, Greek Isles (Fantasy), Predator (Fantasy), Highlands (Fantasy)

•Other DLC: Sponsorships ranging from $3-7 ($24 total if all bought).

•The five extra courses included in the Collector’s Edition have not yet been released as a set of DLC. Those are PGA National ($7), Pinehurst ($5), Oakmont ($5), The Old White TPC ($5), and Straits Course at Whistling Straits ($5 – listed as Liberty).

Total current cost when DLC courses obtained
-Collector’s Edition: $110
-Regular Edition: $127

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/03/27...tiger-woods-13
Old 03-27-12, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having played a few hours today, I'm actually impressed. This is the first year I truly notice a difference from the previous year - both in vastly improved graphics (Royal Castle Down is beautiful) and in gameplay. There just seems to be a balance that hasn't been there before. For instance, missing putts definitely has penalties that weren't there before. I like the country club feature. It adds something to the overall online experience. For once, I don't hate myself for buying the game on its release day.
Old 04-07-12, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked this up in the Target clearance rack, did anyone on here set up an Xbox country club?