Reload this Page >

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Old 04-08-13, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Yep, that is what I have started doing too. I have mine set to run at something like 3 or 4am.
Old 04-08-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My plus subscription lapsed, and I don't really plan to renew.

It's probably well worth it, but I simply don't play enough games...well, other than shit tons of BC2.
Old 04-13-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Had a pretty good run with OG and Diecast last night...and stayed up wayyyyy too late.

Recently crossed 10 million points and 800 Ace pins.

I'd like to think that my class would eventually change given that I play just a bit more engineer than medic these days, but the gap isn't really closing because I rack up points on the few maps that I still predominantly play as a medic (Arica, White Pass, Nelson and Laguna Presa).
Old 04-14-13, 12:55 PM

Played briefly with KTown last night. Apparently Spatula had just left. Teams were too fluid to get into a good groove, but fun regardless.

Should hit Level 50 soon-ish.
Old 04-14-13, 02:49 PM

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Like ships that pass in the night, sir.

Had to get some stuff ready for work this morning and do a little homework before bed, too. I had already been on too long and had played BF3 with Hurt and Hawg in the afternoon. BF3 is not good but it's not as bad as the impression that was left on my mind from the last time I played it. Yes, much is still frustrating. Spawning and being shot to death in the literally same second is frequent and ridiculous, grenades are overpowered and inescapable, and matches are seldom even and nearly always end up quite lopsided, even with 750+ tickets per inflated server match. And yet, it was a decent time. Maybe I just liked that I wasn't all that bad at it. I was pretty good at it when I played it regularly the fall of 2011. Maybe I liked that I was the "vet" who could teach Hurt and Hawg some of the tricks of the trade since they just got it the last couple of weeks. Or maybe it was something new and familiar, but I had fun.

That said, I went back to BFBC2 later in the week again, so...
Old 04-23-13, 12:19 PM

Had a few excellent games recently. I've been finding new places to put mines that are racking up kills because people simply continue to have the same patterns of play. Also back in the business of knife kills though I met a guy named something like Bullets R 2 EZ and he nabbed my tags a dozen times, easy. A jumping wookiee who is relentless.

If you pop on for a minute and see me playing, feel free to join in. 99 times out of 100, I'll squad up with you. Only exceptions I can think of is if the game's almost done and I want to nab Gold Squad quick or if it's already filled with friends but even then I'm prone to back out and reform so we have two squads of 2-3 or 3-3 or whatever so no one has to go it alone. I hate that.

Since people who I know are in this thread, I thought I'd point out I started a new thread about The Simpsons: Tapped Out in case any of you are playing / interested. I'm a Simpsons nut myself and it's pretty fun. Several DVDTalkers have added each other on Origin to help boost each others' score.
Old 04-23-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've run across Buttets R2 EZ a few times, and yeah, lightweight kit plus perfect timing with the knife makes him a tough enemy, but I still generally kill him more than he kills me...except on Arica Harbor where spaces are small enough to give him the advantage.

I didn't play Friday because of the Boston manhunt, and I really took the weekend off as I was wrapped up in other things, but I'd say there's a very good chance I'll play tonight.
Old 05-19-13, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Borrowed BF3 from my brother and was able to get a 48 hour trial for online mode. After having played BC2, I just don't like BF3 as much. It feels really generic and even the weapon models and "feel" of each gun feels extremely disappointing compared to BC2. I can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn with iron sights while in BC2 I wasn't bad at all with them. Even the reload animations feel stiff to me. That in addition to the environments being a little underwhelming, i think I'm going to pass on picking this one up for myself.
Old 06-07-13, 10:29 AM

I'll be at camp for two weeks so if anyone wants to play tonight, I can squad up for an hour or two. Haven't played in over a week, myself, so I want to stab some wookies before I'm out the door.
Old 08-11-13, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11
Borrowed BF3 from my brother and was able to get a 48 hour trial for online mode. After having played BC2, I just don't like BF3 as much. It feels really generic and even the weapon models and "feel" of each gun feels extremely disappointing compared to BC2. I can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn with iron sights while in BC2 I wasn't bad at all with them. Even the reload animations feel stiff to me. That in addition to the environments being a little underwhelming, i think I'm going to pass on picking this one up for myself.
That is a good call, and is exactly the way I feel. I was happy to see BF3 pop up on PS Plus if only because it allowed me to sell my disk.

Had something of a reunion yesterday in BC2. I played with Spatch and Shumway early in the day and with OG and Diecast last night. Good to see a few of you guys.

I'm trying not to get excited about BF4, but it's looking pretty good. I think it might be one that I rent to get a feel for the gameplay, and if it's like BF3, I'll probably pass. But based on this video, recoil (my biggest issue with BF3) seems to be a little more tame:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tqJfCPcu0As" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But I think my PS4 substitute is going to be Planetside 2.
Old 06-24-14, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did Battlefield: Bad Company go?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/24/583...company-sequel

Looks like we might not get another game in the series for quite sometime
Old 06-29-14, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Where did Battlefield: Bad Company go?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/24/583...company-sequel

Looks like we might not get another game in the series for quite sometime
Fuck Hardline as a standalone. It is only an expansion pack for BF4 and does not bring anything new to the game.

$20...maybe. $60...it is my favorite railroad (Norfolk & Way.)
Old 06-19-17, 11:36 AM

Looks like the Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers have been messed up since mid-May. All of the VIP map packs are down across all platforms. That means no Arica Harbor, no Oasis, no Harvest Day (on the other hand, no Heavy Metal, so it's not all bad).

I hopped on for an hour this weekend just for the heck of it and still found a few pretty active maps. People were playing, having fun. People were on the mic and actually using teamwork, something I've found quite a bit lacking with squad randoms in BF4 and BF1 on PS4. I think that's what I miss the most about the old days: friends who wanted to use the squad like an actual squad instead of a mobile multiple spawn option.

They say they hope to get the servers up before the end of June, but perhaps this is finally the beginning of the end for Battlefield Bad Company 2. Bummer, I loved that game.
Old 06-19-17, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

At this point, I would take a remaster of the first two games on current gen if there are still no plans for BC3. It's such a fun series, I just don't want to see it go away.
The following users liked this post:
story (12-01-23)
Old 06-19-17, 02:18 PM

Agreed and a half, yes!
Old 12-01-23, 05:59 PM

EA is sunsetting Battlefield Bad Company 2 and shutting down the servers on Friday, December 8, 2023.

We've got a week to stab the Wookiee.

Anybody want to squad up?

Cheers to the first video game I truly enjoyed as an adult, and cheers to the Warhawk crew who got me into video games again as an adult!

19K Buckaroo Banzai chess cnicholls44 cruzness DarthVong dingwog excom101 ivelostr2 jdpatri JohnSlider matrixrok9 murray731 cactuskind ronna182 sauce07 shumway
Old 12-01-23, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by story
ea is sunsetting battlefield bad company 2 and shutting down the servers on friday, december 8, 2023.

We've got a week to stab the wookiee.

Anybody want to squad up?

Cheers to the first video game i truly enjoyed as an adult, and cheers to the warhawk crew who got me into video games again as an adult!

19K Buckaroo Banzai chess cnicholls44 cruzness DarthVong dingwog excom101 ivelostr2 jdpatri JohnSlider matrixrok9 murray731 cactuskind ronna182 sauce07 shumway

dogtags!! Nomnomnomnom!
The following users liked this post:
story (12-01-23)
Old 12-08-23, 09:54 PM

And it's gone.

Servers are down. No more multiplayer, no more stats, and no more dog tags.

I played a bit this morning and was glad for it. Surprisingly, I didn't find a single Conquest game, but had a blast in some Rush, even if on one of my teams I was the only one who armed the M-Coms over and over.

Basically the last thing I did was a long-distance double kill with the Carl Gustav rocket launcher. It was by far my favorite weapon in the entire game.

Final Stats:

Kills: 56,599
Playtime: 1383 hours, 21 minutes
Dog Tags/Knife Kills: 4,339
Carl Gustav Kills: 7,718 (82% accuracy)

Long live Battlefield Bad Company 2.

If anybody has BFBC2 on PC via Origin or the EA app, follow the instructions in this video to carry on with Project Rome. I was able to transfer all of my stats over and play a little bit. I never really played it on PC, so we'll see how that goes!

Last edited by story; 12-08-23 at 10:55 PM.