Reload this Page >

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- November 2011

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- November 2011

Old 03-15-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- November 2011

Mass Effect's given Skyrim a dirt-nap, for now.

Hopefully I'll be done with ME3 in time for Skyrim's DLC, which seems to be taking way longer to even announce than any other Bethesda DLC before.
Old 03-16-12, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kill animations for magic is pretty cool.

*Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value - This may make smithing/enchanting even more overpowered than it already is.
Old 03-16-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

"Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun"

Too bad, my Lydia died long ago...
Old 03-16-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by covenant
"Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun"

Too bad, my Lydia died long ago...
I'm so paranoid when it comes to my followers, I only take them for the sure thing missions and then if they do die, I've probably saved enough to where I can reload a save and get them back. So as a result when I hit this game again (after cleaning up in a couple of other games), I should be able to do the ole married thing. (I was secretly hoping for somebody named Sarah that I could marry since that's the name I'm married to in real life).

Originally Posted by new improvements
New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
Improved visual transition when going underwater
All of these are GREATLY appreciated. Makes me want to get back into it sooner than I planned.
Old 03-16-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Am posting from my phone so can't provide the link but rumor is elder scrolls is getting an MMO. If it turns out true it'll be the death of ES
Old 03-16-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Rumor is Zenimax Online will be developing it.

According to the leak, the MMO would feature three playable factions. None of them have been named, but their standards are known: a dragon, which likely refers to the Septim royal line, which is Dragonborn, a lion and a winged figure that is either a phoenix or an eagle.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ZeniMax-...ews-14481.html

The optimist in means thinks this mmo will run parallel to the TES series instead of replacing it.

Last edited by covenant; 03-19-12 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-16-12, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by covenant

The optimist in means thinks this mmo will run parallel to the TES series instead of replacing it.
Yeah, I doubt they would replace the ES series. They be killing a cash cow. MMO's are fine and wonderful to expand the series but there is no guarantee it would get enough of a foothold to keep generating revenue. Personally I'm burnt out on MMO's. I'm somewhat interested to see what Guild Wars 2 has to offer, but that's it. Charging me $15 a month to play something holds no lore for me anymore.
Old 03-18-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No announcements yet for DLC?
Old 03-18-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a peep yet, officially, other than hints that any DLC will be "expansion-sized."

I'd rather wait for that than get the DLC that's more typical these days. Most developers would have released 3 or 4 DLCs by now for a game this successful, each involving 1 or 2 short quests for $10.
Old 03-18-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I too checked in for word of some DLC. I just finished Mass Effect 3 and I'm itching to become dovakin once again.
Old 03-18-12, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

Maybe it's taking longer because it's not a small 5 hour thing like the Fallout DLC?
Old 03-20-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm expecting something more akin to Shivering Isles than Fallout DLC. Hopefully that will make it worth the wait.
Old 03-29-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bought skyrim last week after reading this thread for so many months and watching videos. I bought morrowind but never got into it. so glad i gave this a shot and having a blast. felt so overwhelmed i bought my first game guide yesterday to get the most out of this game.

im kinda stuck in the game if anyone can help me out.
sorry for not knowing names and whatnot
Spoiler:
im at the point when you gave a gentlemen some equipment to sneak into a party...i really didnt take my time i just gave him a dagger. so when i get my dagger i have not been able to sneak in the house at all and they just destroy me. is it possible to beat the mission with just a dagger? or should i just restart with a new character?
Old 03-29-12, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by terrycloth
bought skyrim last week after reading this thread for so many months and watching videos. I bought morrowind but never got into it. so glad i gave this a shot and having a blast. felt so overwhelmed i bought my first game guide yesterday to get the most out of this game.

im kinda stuck in the game if anyone can help me out.
sorry for not knowing names and whatnot
Spoiler:
im at the point when you gave a gentlemen some equipment to sneak into a party...i really didnt take my time i just gave him a dagger. so when i get my dagger i have not been able to sneak in the house at all and they just destroy me. is it possible to beat the mission with just a dagger? or should i just restart with a new character?
I've bought tons of game guides over the years not so much because I needed them but because I loved to look at them. Some of them are so beautiful and so rich with information, that it is a perfect compliment to look through when you are not playing said game.

With that said, Skyrim's guide (i got the nice hardback) is one of the most used guides I've ever had. It is wonderful in every way. So detailed, so many maps, it's nearly perfect.

In response to your spoiler question, I'll give you a general guide about weapons in the game. In the situation you describe you might be overmatched, this is true. However, if you beat a couple of people and take their stuff, then you will be much more up to the task. It is also good to have a couple of sets of armor (or possibly more), keep a couple at your house in the chest and come back if you run into a situation like you describe.

I haven't seen any quest (unless you are in a deep dungeon) where you can't run back, grab a weapon or something and continue. Nor have I seen any situation that would require you to start a new character. (I guess unless you contracted a certain "disease" and were too foolish to not do something about it). You might certainly be at a disadvantage but by no means do I think you are screwed.
Old 03-29-12, 02:23 PM

I haven't played this game since the fist update messed up everything. Has that all been fixed now?
Old 03-29-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by House
I haven't played this game since the fist update messed up everything. Has that all been fixed now?
That was like 4 updates ago - the 2nd one fixed everything that the first one broke and the latest one added a bunch of cool stuff. It's all good and safe to update.
Old 03-29-12, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was stuck on that mission too. I say was because I reloaded an earlier save so I didn't have to try it again. Those mages are a bunch of bitches. I since learned a bit about magic to try and counter it but I haven't gone back to that mission.
Old 04-05-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I've got to stop playing these games as an archer. By the time I reached the end of the main storyline it was a cake walk as a level 47 with 100 Archery and 100 Sneak. Those two skills are way overpowered.
Old 04-05-12, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by mugwump
I've got to stop playing these games as an archer. By the time I reached the end of the main storyline it was a cake walk as a level 47 with 100 Archery and 100 Sneak. Those two skills are way overpowered.
Haha, I do agree these two skills are a bit OP. My character is in the 70's for both and I'm going through the early stages of the same thing. People go down like rag dolls and what's worse I can hit somebody with an arrow 5 times and as long as I'm in shadows, they never come and find me. It's funny and kinda sad at the same time. But darn it if I still don't love the game
Old 04-05-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's nothing more satisfying than one shotting bad guys with a bow. Never gets old to me.
Old 04-05-12, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, my character's not even that skilled in archery or stealth and I can still take out most enemies with just an arrow or two while hiding.
Old 04-05-12, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

downloaded the update on PS3 and had it lock up on me about 20 minutes into playing. I have no idea why Oblivion was so rock solid yet Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim freeze like crazy on the PS3.
Old 04-05-12, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11
downloaded the update on PS3 and had it lock up on me about 20 minutes into playing. I have no idea why Oblivion was so rock solid yet Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim freeze like crazy on the PS3.
That sucks. The game has been freezing and crashing on me like crazy (level 40 or so), and I was hoping that this update would fix everything.
Old 04-05-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Apparently the new update has been crashing the game on PS3 if you go into water. The temporary solution is to delete the game data and reinstall that and the patch.
Old 04-06-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by slymer
There's nothing more satisfying than one shotting bad guys with a bow. Never gets old to me.
I totally agree.

I need to start playing this again. Maybe I'll finish Mass Effect 3 this weekend to clear time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.