Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-27-12, 12:19 PM   #1051
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Mass Effect 3

Yeah, singularity especially seems really overpowered... I think Liara's been on every mission that I thought was going to be lengthy. Singularity + Warp (and Overload to deal with Shields) is pretty lethal to normal sized enemies.

Meanwhile, I hardly ever use the DLC character... the one time I brought him he didn't do much, even with a fully upgraded power.
Old 04-27-12, 12:50 PM   #1052
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

I brought Liara along everytime I assumed Cerberus might show up during a mission. Her Singularity made killing off those shield carrying troopers real easy.

I only brought Javik along to see if people would react to him. The only time that happened,
Spoiler:
aside from when he chose to visit the Citadel, was when I brought him along to the Thesia mission.

For all the furor people made over his being a DLC character, Javik was hardly an important character, despite his race.
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 04-27-12, 01:28 PM   #1053
Save Ferris
DVD Talk Legend

I brought him everywhere--He was fun to have around.
Old 04-27-12, 01:53 PM   #1054
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save Ferris View Post
I liked his "Debbie Downer" comments but he was hardly integral to the plot. So fans shouldn't feel cheated out of an "important" character.
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 04-27-12, 01:56 PM   #1055
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save Ferris View Post
Was he any use to you? Because I swear the one time I used him instead of Liara was the only time I died when I got swarmed.
Old 04-27-12, 02:16 PM   #1056
Save Ferris
DVD Talk Legend

He kicked ass in many battles. I gave him a different gun that worked better against shields. I had Liara and him in most of my away teams.
Old 04-27-12, 03:20 PM   #1057
fumanstan
DVD Talk Hero

I barely used Javik either, and I agree he wasn't integral to the plot. I used Liara, EDI, and Garrus mostly.

I wonder who would win in the "character everyone hates the most" poll between Jacob and Vega.

VG Round 1b | VG Round 7 | NFL
Old 04-27-12, 04:02 PM   #1058
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I barely used Javik either, and I agree he wasn't integral to the plot. I used Liara, EDI, and Garrus mostly.

I wonder who would win in the "character everyone hates the most" poll between Jacob and Vega.
What about Kaiden? I wasn't too fond of him. Actually, I'm not super fond of the kinda-xenophobic and judgmental Ash either, and she's not all that great in battle to boot.
Old 04-27-12, 04:21 PM   #1059
MoviePage
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I used Javik in every mission and talked to him on the Normandy after every important one. If you didn't do the same, then you missed some great backstory, details, and character moments. Was he "integral" to the plot? No, but the same could be argued for every non-Shepard squadmate in the trilogy, so that was never the issue.

I also thought he was awesome as a squadmate, probably the second-best after Garrus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Definitely Jacob. My impression is that Vega isn't as hated as people thought he would be pre-release. At least he has a sense of humor.
Old 04-27-12, 08:43 PM   #1060
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Probably Jacob. Though, if the Bioware boards are to be believed, the most hated character is Ashley Williams.

I think nothing short of her amputating her hand in like manner as her namesake would satisfy those folks.
Old 04-28-12, 01:56 AM   #1061
Dragon Tattoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Though, if the Bioware boards are to be believed, the most hated character is Ashley Williams.

I think nothing short of her amputating her hand in like manner as her namesake would satisfy those folks.
She's a space racist.
Old 04-28-12, 02:30 PM   #1062
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo View Post
She's a space racist.
That's why I disliked her at first. But it turns out she's just venting because her family is blamed for a major loss against the Turians.
Old 05-13-12, 05:13 PM   #1063
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Extended Cut epilogues leaked:

Spoiler:

Old 05-16-12, 07:06 PM   #1064
ben12
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally finished this last night and... I liked the ending...

Read Poop Office at http://nakedgrapecomics.com
Old 05-21-12, 10:55 AM   #1065
DVDChris
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally beat the game last night, now I can re-subscribe to this thread.

My Collection (This is getting ridiculous)
Old 06-22-12, 12:06 PM   #1066
gryffinmaster
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Updated DLC available for free download on June 26th.

Excited!

Also, an interview from the BioWare team: http://youtu.be/3y7xk1_x8ko
"He thought each memory recalled must do some violence to its origins. As in a party game. Say the words and pass it on. So be sparing. What you alter in the remembering has yet a reality, known or not." -- Cormac McCarthy's The Road

Thomas Spurlin, Staff Reviewer
DVDTalk Reviews
| Personal Blog/Site
Old 06-22-12, 12:37 PM   #1067
chuckd21
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm excited to see what they've decided to do.

I'm not excited to have to play the last 3 hours of the game again. And potentially getting galactic readiness back up.
Old 06-22-12, 03:35 PM   #1068
DVDChris
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post

I'm not excited to have to play the last 3 hours of the game again. And potentially getting galactic readiness back up.
If you have an iphone/android phone, the ME3 Datapad has a mini game that gets your galactic readiness up. Much easier than playing multiplayer for hours.

My Collection (This is getting ridiculous)
Old 06-22-12, 05:42 PM   #1069
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

I was hoping the Extended cut would make changes throughout the whole game but this sounds very good nonetheless.

However, it was interesting that the patch was limited to 2GB because of limitations with the Xbox. Couldn't they have just released two patches in a row to get around that?
Old 06-22-12, 06:27 PM   #1070
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Microsoft limits the flow of patches and DLC.
Old 06-22-12, 07:04 PM   #1071
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Microsoft limits the flow of patches and DLC.
Do they charge extra for being over 2GB (like how they charge extra for pressing more than 2 discs)?
Old 06-22-12, 07:54 PM   #1072
boredsilly
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDChris View Post
If you have an iphone/android phone, the ME3 Datapad has a mini game that gets your galactic readiness up. Much easier than playing multiplayer for hours.
And watching the new endings on youtube is easier still!
Old 06-22-12, 11:02 PM   #1073
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:

You don't really need to raise it at all. I tried playing it with the default 50% readiness and, despite having under 4K assets, I still got the
Spoiler:
Synthesis
option and the
Spoiler:
bonus Renegade ending.
It was a welcome surprise for me since I hate the MP.
Old 06-25-12, 11:05 AM   #1074
ben12
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:

Luckily I backed up my last autosave!

Read Poop Office at http://nakedgrapecomics.com
Old 06-26-12, 07:11 AM   #1075
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Anybody who has this on PC able to download the EC yet. I heard EU players in general will have to wait a week. I hope the same does not hold true for PC players.