Mass Effect 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-12, 05:04 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Mass Effect 3

Originally Posted by pinata242
So... watch it on youtube?
oh I'll watch it on my xbox because I really don't sell my games...I just love how big companies spin things...
Old 04-06-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
oh I'll watch it on my xbox because I really don't sell my games...I just love how big companies spin things...
Agreed. Like when people spin things making it sound like they got rid of their games but really they're just complaining for no reason.

BTW....Free MP DLC next week. I know some of you seem to dislike the MP, but I still have a blast with it. Fucking Geth FTW! Awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BasebmHiqIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-06-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superfro
Agreed. Like when people spin things making it sound like they got rid of their games but really they're just complaining for no reason.
Not sure if directed at me, but since I was the only one who mentioned doing so in this thread:
Spoiler:

No spin or bluffing here. I've gotten pretty ruthless when it comes to trading in games, especially ones that I find disappointing.
Old 04-06-12, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I honestly don't know how I feel about them changing their vision of the ending of the trilogy to appease a rather vocal minority. I don't see Stephen King changing the ending of a book because people didn't like it, and I don't see movie directors re-releasing the movie or adding an addendum to a movie just because people didn't like the ending.
Old 04-06-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They've stated that they're not changing a thing. They're just extending it to clarify and give closure.

I imagine it'll be similar to the various ending slides you see at the conclusion of Fallout: New Vegas describing the fates of pretty much every major character depending on your choices throughout the game, but of course ME3's version will look slicker.
Old 04-07-12, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I honestly don't know how I feel about them changing their vision of the ending of the trilogy to appease a rather vocal minority. I don't see Stephen King changing the ending of a book because people didn't like it, and I don't see movie directors re-releasing the movie or adding an addendum to a movie just because people didn't like the ending.
They are not changing the ending, they are just trying to fill in some cut scenes and dialogue so people are not left with tons of questions.

Basically as Angry Joe said, They are not getting rid of the crappy endings..They are just making it so that the crappy endings make a little more sense.

God child, space magic, Marauader shields, multi-color explosions will still all be there.
Old 04-07-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm like 20 hours into the single player and it seems like my crew is really small. Is it normal to only have a handful of selectable people?

So far I have:
Spoiler:
Edi, Garrus, Liara, and James

It is really disappointing compared to ME2 at this same point. I have also been doing every side mission I can find.
Old 04-07-12, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ashley/Kaiden & Tali will be available at some point as well but yeah they really scaled back the number of characters that can be in your party.
Old 04-07-12, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lame.

That is super disappointing since of the ones you named one died in the original, one I turned down joining because I didn't like the character and assumed more would be joining my crew, and one I haven't encountered yet.

Also, are there no loyalty missions in ME3?
Old 04-07-12, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No loyalty missions at all.
Old 04-07-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The third me has a really tight plot line and focus
Old 04-07-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
The third me has a really tight plot line and focus
See, I could agree with that statement if it also wasn't inundating me with quests to find medi-gel upgrades and electrical plans for a concert. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game but I miss the lack of feeling like I have a tight crew.
Old 04-07-12, 11:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Lame.

That is super disappointing since of the ones you named one died in the original, one I turned down joining because I didn't like the character and assumed more would be joining my crew, and one I haven't encountered yet.

Also, are there no loyalty missions in ME3?
That's your own damn fault, then.

Did people really not expect this? You reject crew members or turn them down or fucking kill them , you don't get crew members to replace them. You live with your bad decisions.
Old 04-07-12, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Considering there are about 19 characters between ME1 and ME2 then yes, I do expect more than 4. How is this shocking?

One was sacrificed in ME1 and, I thought, was a scene where you basically sacrificed one of two characters.

The guy I turned down was an ass so I have no worries about him being missing. What annoys me is how it seems like everyone else has been made NPSs. Where is Zaeed? Or Kasumi?

Why am I not getting Legion or Morinth? And maybe it is still early for me, but I don't feel like either of the two new characters have been developed nearly as much as the ones from the previous games.
Old 04-08-12, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess you didn't get the memo that criticism of this game is not allowed on the internet. You're an entitled whiner if you expected more out of it, and you're just complaining for no reason if there's anything you don't like about it.
Old 04-08-12, 09:34 AM
gamer for life

Mass Effect 1......6 squad members

Mass Effect 2......10 squad members...2 dlc squad...(1 alternative based on choice)

Mass Effect 3......6 squad members....1 dlc...(1 alternative based on choice on who lives in first game)

Is this really an issue?
Old 04-08-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would say so yes.

The first game everyone is new. The second game they don't allow you to use your original party because they are introducing all new characters. The third game they don't introduce a new stable of characters nor do they allow you to play with the characters from the first game with whom you were attached.

I'm not intending to slash the tires of Bioware vehicles nor pour sugar in gas tanks. I am however pretty disappointed in the "carryover" from game one to game three. This is setting aside the fact it wouldn't let me carry over the appearance of my actual character.
Old 04-08-12, 09:49 AM
gamer for life

The main focus on Mass Effect 2 was team building. It was the core driving force of the game. It was fantastic. Mass Effect 3 tries to stage itself on a larger scale. It wants to be less about people and more about nations. The focus changed. I can absolutely see how it would be disappointing, but for me Mass Effect 2 had about 3 great characters, and the rest where less so. In fact I basically used the same 2 characters the whole game, and grunted when I was forced to use a new character.

Mass 3 spends most of its time on your main character and the effect everything has on him. The team at Bioware really think of it as the third act of a book. You don't bring in a lot of new characters at the end of a book.

Of course, after you finish the game you will be asking yourself why they introduce new elements on the last page...something you don't do in a book either.
Old 04-08-12, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by xmiyux
The third game they don't introduce a new stable of characters nor do they allow you to play with the characters from the first game with whom you were attached.
This is completely incorrect. Garrus, Tali, Liara and Kaidan/Ashley (depending on who you saved) are all on your team in the third game at one point or another. That's basically your entire team from the first game. Who else were you attached to? Wrex? He's either dead (in which case you weren't that attached to him) or a little busy curing the genophage (and subsequently leading his people) in the third game.

They weren't going to put most of the ME2 teammates in the game as possible teammates, because any of them could have died during the suicide mission in the 2nd game. That's too many possibilities for characters that would be used by few players, if any at all...not to mention dlc characters like Kasumi and Zaeed, who most players never even picked up in the first place (Very few ME players actually buy the dlc characters).
Old 04-09-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
They weren't going to put most of the ME2 teammates in the game as possible teammates, because any of them could have died during the suicide mission in the 2nd game. That's too many possibilities for characters that would be used by few players, if any at all...not to mention dlc characters like Kasumi and Zaeed, who most players never even picked up in the first place (Very few ME players actually buy the dlc characters).
That's a weak excuse given Tali could also die in ME2 yet she has a pretty important part to play in ME3. Having the surviving ME2 characters in your crew would have made for a greater reward for the player than 25 points worth of war assets per character
Spoiler:
assuming they don't later get killed off anyway (like Mordin or Wrex, Legion, and Morinth).

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
God child, space magic, Marauader shields, multi-color explosions will still all be there.
What about the Marauder shields? You mean
Spoiler:
the one guy that shoots you after the three Husks charge you?

Last edited by RocShemp; 04-09-12 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-09-12, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what is the best armor chestplate for this game?
i saw a shop in the citadel refugee camp selling a pretty decent one, but don't want to buy it if there are better ones.
Old 04-09-12, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RocShemp
What about the Marauder shields? You mean
Spoiler:
the one guy that shoots you after the three Husks charge you?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/marauder-shields
Old 04-09-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Yeah, after I asked I had googled it and found this. Not at all what I was expecting.
Old 04-09-12, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That's a weak excuse given Tali could also die in ME2 yet she has a pretty important part to play in ME3. Having the surviving ME2 characters in your crew would have made for a greater reward for the player than 25 points worth of war assets per character
Spoiler:
assuming they don't later get killed off anyway (like Mordin or Wrex, Legion, and Morinth).

[/SPOILER]
Is that really an argument, though? Garrus could've died as well, if the player was completely incompetent during the suicide mission, but how likely was that going to be? Tali and Garrus are fan favorite characters and original characters from ME1. There are few, if any, players who would actually import a game with those two dead. Wrex could've died back in the first game, but he has an important role as well. The entire series has clearly been conceived as a trilogy and, thus, the characters who were around from the beginning are going to have more emphasis placed on them.

Not to mention a lot of the new characters in ME2 were despised by most of the fanbase. The game is probably the most popular in the series, but no one has ever said "Man, I sure hope they give Zaeed and Jacob larger roles in Mass Effect 3!" The ones who were popular (Thane, Legion) were also given larger roles, just not in capacity as a team mate, because they had stories to tell with these characters (Legion) or they were dying (Thane) and shoehorning them in as team mates just wasn't feasible.

The only one I think they really dropped the ball on was Miranda. She was basically there the entire game anyway, so they could've easily made her a teammate, but once again, Miranda was almost as hated as Jacob. So the developers probably thought, what's the point?
Old 04-09-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't realize Miranda was hated by a lot of people. I liked her character, but then again i'm a male.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.