Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Taken secondhand from CAG:

Originally Posted by John82
Some more Deals

DOTW

Double Fine Happy Action Theater - 400msp (was 800)
Haunt - 400msp (was 800)
Hole in the Wall - 400msp (was 800)
Leedmees - 400msp (was 800)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)
Fusion: Genesis - 400msp (was 800)
Iron Brigade - 600msp (was 1200)
--Rise of the Martian Bear - 200msp (was 400)
Orcs Must Die! - 600msp (was 1200)
Magic 2012 - 400msp (was 800)
--Magic 2012 Expansion - 200msp (was 400)
Trials HD - 600msp (was 1200)
--Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200msp (was 400)
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - 600msp (was 1200)
--Worms: UM Single-player pack - 200msp (was 400)

Forza 4
--January Jalopnik pack - 280msp (was 560)
--February American Le Mans Series pack - 280msp (was 560)

Gears of War 3
--Hoard Command Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Skin packs also reduced

Halo Reach
--Anniversary map pack - 600msp (was 1200)
--Defiant map pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Noble map pack - 400msp (was 800)

Kinect Sports Season 2
--Maple leaf golf pack - 200msp (was 400)
--Midnight Mountain pack - 200msp (was 400)

Stolen from NEOGAF
I might have to pick up some points, as I've been eying Iron Brigade and Orcs Must Die for a while.
Old 05-15-12, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 05-15-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My body is so ready for Dragon's Lair. Does anyone know if it's Kinect-only or is there a standard controller option as well?
Old 05-15-12, 08:35 AM

Yeah, they're saying it's supposed to support both.
Old 05-15-12, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
My body is so ready for Dragon's Lair. Does anyone know if it's Kinect-only or is there a standard controller option as well?
I read this in a news story.

On May 18th, Dragon's Lair will land on the Xbox Live Arcade. The game will support the Kinect, making it the first Xbox Live Arcade title to support both the standard controller and Kinect. The game will also come with a "full watch" option for those that want to skip the playing and get straight to the story.

Fun fact: This port to the Xbox Live Arcade is number 67 for Dragon's Lair. That's gotta be a record.
Old 05-15-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 05-15-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Any one know what's in the Microsoft Publisher Sale?
Old 05-15-12, 08:50 AM

I think it's everything from Castle Crashers down, in starman's post.
Old 05-15-12, 08:58 AM

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes at 600 is a steal. Just don't play the demo, or else start a fresh new game once you actually buy it. (Still suffering from that one). I might pick up the Worms game, I've never had a bad experience with one. Any ideas if the expansion is worth it?
Old 05-15-12, 09:05 AM

Also, from Radiangames:

It’s been 2 years since I released my first game, JoyJoy, on XBLIG. It was not exactly the smoothest launch. But it’s still a good thing to celebrate since Radiangames is still going and I’ve had 15 significant releases over the last 2 years.

It may not be the best week to have a sale (two of the biggest games of the year, Diablo III and Max Payne 3, come out today), but that’s exactly what I’m doing. Everything is on sale. All my iPhone/iPad games. All my PC/Mac games. All my Xbox games. And all the soundtracks too.

The iPhone/iPad games and PC/Mac games (and the soundtracks) will be on sale for a week, meaning they’ll stop being on sale on sometime on May 22nd. I can only change the price of the Xbox games once every 90 days, so they’ll be on sale for much longer, probably forever.

---

Xbox Games

The Xbox Live Indie Games are now 80MSP (1 dollar) each. They were previously 400MSP (5 dollars) each for the last 10 months.

JoyJoyCrossfireInfernoFluidFireballCrossfire 2Ballistic
I missed out on all of those back when they were originally a buck a piece, so I was a little surprised when I looked them up a few weeks ago and they were all $5 each. I may pick a few of them up now, though.

Last edited by Matt; 05-15-12 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-15-12, 09:14 AM

I thought it was so stupid to hike his price from $1 up to $5. I had previously bought all the games except Fireball at the time he did the price hike, so it's nice to be able to pick that one up as well. Thanks for the heads-up, MWB.
Old 05-15-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I bought them all right before the price hike and have played none of them. But then I've bought every release on iOS because I'm really good with money and loved them.
Old 05-15-12, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MWB
I think it's everything from Castle Crashers down, in starman's post.
Oops. Don't know how I missed that -- actually I do, I just focused on your post below instead. Might pick up a Forza pack.

I didn't know Iron Brigade had DLC. That's the problem with the new Marketplace format : There's only space for 100 items under Newest Releases Add Ons and when every single Rock Band song has to appear at least four times (Rock Band 3 trial song, Rock Band 3 full song, Rock Band Blitz trial song, Rock Band Blitz full song), it doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else. They should separate the music items from the rest of the add-ons.
Old 05-15-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you Microsoft, looks like they knew I just got a Kinect for my son(3YO) and I. Already got Fruit Ninja, plan on picking up Leedmees and Rhythm Party. Should I get any of the others? Opinions on Hole in the Wall and Happy Theater? Thought I was going to have to wait longer for a sale
Old 05-15-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm really bummed that no PFX2 add-ons are listed in that Major Nelson post.
Old 05-15-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One of the achievements is to play through the game with a controller only.
Old 05-15-12, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Should I get any of the others? Opinions on Hole in the Wall and Happy Theater? Thought I was going to have to wait longer for a sale
Hole in the Wall is just terrible. Don't even try the demo, it's that bad and broken.

Happy Action Theater, while not a game, is a total blast for kids. I mentioned here that if you try that demo with your kids around, good luck trying to get away without buying it on the spot. It's just a bunch of fun party mini-games that are instantly accessable and understandable for even little kids. And unlike almost everything Kinect-related, this game actually functions very well and is completely frustration-free.. I highly recommended it at 800 points, for 400 points, if you have kids and a Kinect, you seriously need to pick it up even if your kids only play with it a couple of times -- it's still worth it.
Did you like that Rhythm game? I never even tried that demo.

I just saw that XBLA Joyride game. I don't know anything about that -- is it a revamped XBLA version of the Kinect-only disc based game (a' la NBA Jam)? Or is it a new, controller-enabled version?

edit : After some searching, found this at Joystiq:
Joy Ride Turbo is the Kinectless sequel to Kinect Joy Ride

So uh, you guys remember Kinect Joy Ride, that launch-window Kinect kart racing title from November of 2010? Well, developer BigPark is making a sequel: Joy Ride Turbo. As you can surmise from the peculiar lack of the word "Kinect" in the title, Joy Ride Turbo will, in fact, not be a Kinect game when it launches in the coming weeks.

The game will launch as an XBLA title, rather than a full retail release like its predecessor. It features Battle Race, Pro Race and Time Trial modes, as well as a new "Stunt Park," which allows players to drive over cliffs and out of cannons at (presumably) very high speeds.

Exploring the park yields new rides (42 in total), upgrades, as well as coins and trophies of unknown significance. Local multiplayer is supported for up to four players, with races capping out at eight drivers online. Steal a glance at some aerial automotive avatar acrobatics in the gallery below.

Last edited by Decker; 05-15-12 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-15-12, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

okay fine, I'll finally get Castle Crashers.
Old 05-15-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Decker
Hole in the Wall is just terrible. Don't even try the demo, it's that bad and broken.

Happy Action Theater, while not a game, is a total blast for kids. I mentioned here that if you try that demo with your kids around, good luck trying to get away without buying it on the spot. It's just a bunch of fun party mini-games that are instantly accessable and understandable for even little kids. And unlike almost everything Kinect-related, this game actually functions very well and is completely frustration-free.. I highly recommended it at 800 points, for 400 points, if you have kids and a Kinect, you seriously need to pick it up even if your kids only play with it a couple of times -- it's still worth it.
Did you like that Rhythm game? I never even tried that demo.

I just saw that XBLA Joyride game. I don't know anything about that -- is it a revamped XBLA version of the Kinect-only disc based game (a' la NBA Jam)? Or is it a new, controller-enabled version?
Thx Decker, definitely wondered about Hole in the Wall so good to know to skip that. For sure will pick up Happy Theater then.

I tried the demo for Rhythm Party and liked it, seemed a lot more accesible than other "dancing" games out there. Much more basic I guess you might say as I enjoyed the demo. Was a nice little cardio workout and the game allows you quite a bit of freedom in how to do the required "positions" I guess you would call it when dancing. I don't know how better to say it. Here is a great video review of it that sold me on trying the demo. All you need to know is it has "Every Little Step" by Bobby Brown and "YMCA"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52bw1PiR3Q
Old 05-15-12, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Decker

edit : After some searching, found this at Joystiq:
Joy Ride Turbo is the Kinectless sequel to Kinect Joy Ride

So uh, you guys remember Kinect Joy Ride, that launch-window Kinect kart racing title from November of 2010? Well, developer BigPark is making a sequel: Joy Ride Turbo. As you can surmise from the peculiar lack of the word "Kinect" in the title, Joy Ride Turbo will, in fact, not be a Kinect game when it launches in the coming weeks.

The game will launch as an XBLA title, rather than a full retail release like its predecessor. It features Battle Race, Pro Race and Time Trial modes, as well as a new "Stunt Park," which allows players to drive over cliffs and out of cannons at (presumably) very high speeds.

Exploring the park yields new rides (42 in total), upgrades, as well as coins and trophies of unknown significance. Local multiplayer is supported for up to four players, with races capping out at eight drivers online. Steal a glance at some aerial automotive avatar acrobatics in the gallery below.
Joy Ride has had kind of a checkered past. It was originally supposed to be a free, avatar-centric, controller-based XBLA title, and then all the Kinect stuff happened and they turned it into the Kinect-based retail title. And now they're back to the original concept, except it's not free anymore, natch. Hopefully it'll be better-received than the Kinect version.
Old 05-15-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chuckd21
One of the achievements is to play through the game with a controller only.
pinata242 circa 2009 would have known this instinctively.
pinata242 circa 2012 no longer bases his decisions on cheevos.
Old 05-15-12, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of additions to the MS Publisher Sale deals posted above:

The Gunstringer: Real Big Shootin' - 120MSP (50% off)
Gears of War 3: RAAM's Shadow - 600MSP (50% off)
Old 05-15-12, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by MoviePage
A couple of additions to the MS Publisher Sale deals posted above:

The Gunstringer: Real Big Shootin' - 120MSP (50% off)
And purchased. Thanks.
Old 05-16-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

pinata242 circa 2009 would have known this instinctively.
pinata242 circa 2012 no longer bases his decisions on cheevos.
What was your breaking point?
Old 05-16-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Somewhere in the middle.

Honestly, I think it was waking up at 6am every Sunday to farm MP achievements from Red Faction: Guerrilla with folks across the pond that made me seriously re-evaluate how I spent my "gaming" time. I realized that I was pushing too hard for way too little and too much fun was passing me by.

Then I got Pinball and nothing mattered anymore.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.