Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-12, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Definitely in for Trine 2, and probably Nexuiz for 200 points/$2.50 (I'll redeem some Bing points).

Does anyone know what the Xbox Live Rewards program special is going to be for July? I'd hate to buy these now and have it be spend xxxx points in July get xxx points back.
Old 06-26-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

No harm in waiting until Sunday, I suppose. You still have Haunt to play tonight if you want.

I'd be all over Trine 2 if I hadn't got it for free from Playstation Plus. Of course, I haven't gotten around to actually playing it even once yet.

Nexuiz isn't my sort of game, but for $2.50, it's kind of hard for me to pass up. Hell, I even bought Unbound Saga on XBLA for 200 points, and that was after I'd previously bought it on PSP and disliked it on that system.
Old 06-26-12, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm guessing it's 4.94gb. Now what, hot shot?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d8024d53085f
LOL. I kinda pegged myself into a corner didn't I ? *looks at 1600 point card that hasn't been put in yet*.....darn you!
Old 06-26-12, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by MoviePage

Link still works for me and that's what it shows, but there's no download option for it yet.
I downloaded this. There's a couple of interesting things there. There is a "Scratch & Match" contest that gives instant win prizes at a rate of 1:1000 for $5-$10 downloadable items. They also have consolation prize discounts like the Classic Pinball FX collection for 400 points. You can enter this contest once a day. They have something called a "Chain Reaction" where buying one Gears of War avatar item at a discount unlocks a bigger discount on another Gears item and so on. There's something called Mystery Wheel coming soon. Any extra freebies or discounts are okay in my book. I'll be keeping an eye on this 360 app.
Old 06-27-12, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you download it, exactly? I have nothing on that page but the "Overview" screens as shown above.
Old 06-27-12, 01:07 AM

From the dashboard, Home tab (Below X Games selection and just tothe right of the large, changing window) I selected "Get The App" square and pressed "A", then downloaded the app, then launched the app. That sounds sarcastic, but it's exactly what I did
Old 06-27-12, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks. Since it wasn't up for download on the website, I assumed it wasn't available at all yet and hadn't looked on the dashboard.
Old 06-27-12, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I also downloaded the Sales & Specials app last night (didn't win the scratch game), after I got Haunt for Kinect. Kinect Central and the Sales & Specials box both showed up in the upper right box on the home screen for me, Kinect Central first and when I exited back to the home screen it was the S&S box.
Old 06-27-12, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by @XboxLiveRewards
Hey, members! We now deposit Microsoft Points faster than ever! If you reached 100 Pending by the 15th, you'll get them by the 30th.
Old 07-01-12, 12:34 AM

How's this for a major-league screw-up : Mini Ninjas Adventures came out yesterday. According to Major Nelson, it's a Kinect-required game. It's advertised on the Game Marketplace right now on the dash. The thing is NOWHERE in the description on the dash do they make any mention of Kinect, let alone that it's required to play. You can see the Kinect indication on the "box art" on the website, but that's not on the Marketplace on the 360, and read the game description :
Calling all ninjas! Get ready to swipe, kick and battle your way through 21 levels of intense ninja action as you help Hiro rescue his master and fellow ninjas from the clutches of the evil Samurai Warlord. Be prepared to face a multitude of enemies that will push your skills to the limit and test your ingenuity. So pack your ninja stars, sword and more and get ready for adventure...a Mini Ninjas Adventure.
I'd hope people always try the demo before they buy, but if not someone might buy a Kinect game by complete accident. Not acceptable.

BTW : In the "related" tab for Mini Ninja Adventures, they highlight three "related" games -- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty World At War. Gee, thanks for those recommendations. If my little boy likes Mini Ninjas, I'll make sure he checks those out as well!
Old 07-01-12, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rewards deal for July:
Get 200 Microsoft Points back when you spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on any eligible Superhero Movies, Game Add-ons, or Avatar Items in July!*
Problem is, when you click the Purchase link under the offer on the Rewards screen, it just takes you to the Marketplace home page. Needs more specifics!
Old 07-01-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The small print says...

*Earned Microsoft Points will appear as Pending within 96 hours of the eligible purchase(s) and will be deposited by August 15, 2012. Eligible Superheroes are Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, and Iron Man. Limit: One Featured Marketplace offer per Xbox LIVE Rewards member, per month.
Old 07-01-12, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can't think of any game add-ons for any of those, except Arkham City DLC.

Although it would essentially make the Harley Quinn DLC 600msp, so there's that if you don't have it yet.
Old 07-01-12, 09:05 AM

Would the Avengers Pinball FX tables qualify? It's a little unclear with that fine print.
Old 07-01-12, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Would the Avengers Pinball FX tables qualify? It's a little unclear with that fine print.
That would be my question. If so, I'm all there. It should technically...but I want to make sure before I drop the points.
Old 07-02-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MWB
From the Major:

As part of a new dashboard feature that launched today in the US called ‘Kinect Central’ - the Xbox LIVE Arcade title ‘Haunt’ will be FREE for a limited time! This promotion runs in the US from Tuesday, June 26th through Monday, July 2nd and can only be accessed on the new ‘Kinect Central’ homepage on your dashboard. So head on over and get your free game.
Originally Posted by MoviePage
I bought it last time.
Contacted Xbox Support and they were nice enough to refund my 400MSP since it's free now.
Old 07-02-12, 10:38 AM

Nice.

They did that once for me when Undertow went free.
Old 07-05-12, 05:26 PM

A couple of blasts from the past announced today :

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qb_CJLofgPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zM8Ga--dcAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Decker; 07-05-12 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-05-12, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
A couple of blasts from the past announced today :
Nights into Dreams I have on my Saturn, I break it out every once in a while because it is a gorgeous game but to be honest, I really suck at it ...so I'll pass. However, being the Marvel vs Capcom junkie I am, I'm all for Origins. Looks really nice too. Happy to see, #2 provided me with a ton of hours of playing time, this pack will do the same.
Old 07-10-12, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DotW is all Fallout 3 and Oblivion DLC at 50% off.

Awesome deal if you're just coming out of a 3-year coma!
Old 07-10-12, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Damn, I wonder why is VP:TiP going for so much?
Originally Posted by MWB
I imagine it had a much smaller print run than the original.
I just stumbled across something related to this and thought it was worth posting. These numbers are about three years old, but according to mygamercard.net (before they closed down), around 450,000 people had the original Viva Pinata on their gamercard, whereas only around 73,000 people had Trouble in Paradise.

I'm guessing that a lot of people have probably picked up cheap copies of the original over the years, liked it, and wanted more, which is driving the demand for the sequel.

The good news is that many of the Games on Demand price drops are still active, and they've added a bunch more since then, so it looks like $14.99/1200 is the new low price for G.o.D.
Old 07-11-12, 09:12 PM

BTW, if anybody was still curious if the new Pinball FX Avengers 4-pack was available for the SuperHero Rewards promotion, check out the following 2 links. Looks like a yes to me.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x.../t/285858.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x.../t/288233.aspx

Last edited by Kedrix; 07-16-12 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-15-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Nabbed Zuma's Revenge today. I had no idea that was out. I've only been wanting it for about 6 years now. It's also the first XBLA game I've bought in months. I had totally forgotten they bumped the achievements to 400. That was a nice surprise.

As for the game itself, if you like Zuma this is just more of the same. It seems a tad easier though. I played through the entire game and all the extra modes in a single day. I'm only lacking 2 achievements.
Old 07-16-12, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easier Zuma = must buy

I hit the wall on Zuma (9th level for me) years ago and can't progress any further, but I love to play it. Checked out the Revenge demo and really liked the updated graphics and gameplay. Will definitely pick it up when it's a DOTW, if not before.
Old 07-16-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Yeah, the original Zuma on Xbox is still my nemesis. The 2mil. achievement has eluded me all these years, and it's the only achievement that constantly nags at me.

Revenge is much easier since they added a leveling aspect similar to Zuma Blitz (on facebook). In fact it could be a little deeper. I don't recall a leveling system on the PC version though, so I think that's new to the 360 version.

You can earn up to 3 stars per level to buy upgrades. Out of the 60 levels I think I'm only missing about 4 stars.

The weekly challenge is a cool idea, but pretty shallow. Just a random board you have to shoot for a high score & best time on. The only difference between these and the standard boards(as far as I can tell) is the roll out is 2-3 times longer to make it more challenging.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.