Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-11, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Wait, was there no XBLA release AGAIN!?
Old 06-08-11, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Metroid-like + Dimmu Borgir? Sold!
Old 06-09-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Twisted Pixel has a new fan : My 5 year-old son. He watched me play the demo for Ms Splosion Man and he was HOOKED. Now he's obsessed. He's never shown much interest in writing, but spent hours writing out MS SPLOSION over and over. He draws pictures of her. He pretends he's a Ms Splosion Man for play, He made his teacher a Ms Splosion Man card for graduation today (I'm sure she's have no friggin' idea WTF that is), and he just told me he wants to have a Ms Splosion Man birthday party for his next birthday (which is thankfully still 11 1/2 months off). All from a two-day old demo.

Which all raises one question : superfro, did you by any chance come to Vegas and meet up with my wife in late 2005?
Old 06-09-11, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Twisted Pixel has a new fan : My 5 year-old son. He watched me play the demo for Ms Splosion Man and he was HOOKED. Now he's obsessed. He's never shown much interest in writing, but spent hours writing out MS SPLOSION over and over. He draws pictures of her. He pretends he's a Ms Splosion Man for play, He made his teacher a Ms Splosion Man card for graduation today (I'm sure she's have no friggin' idea WTF that is), and he just told me he wants to have a Ms Splosion Man birthday party for his next birthday (which is thankfully still 11 1/2 months off). All from a two-day old demo.

Which all raises one question : superfro, did you by any chance come to Vegas and meet up with my wife in late 2005?
More than possible.

Well..at least know you've set up probable cause for when you buy Gunstringer because your son "made you".
Old 06-09-11, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by superfro
Well..at least know you've set up probable cause for when you buy Gunstringer because your son "made you".

It's never too early to set up your alibi.
Old 06-09-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Got this email just now...

Originally Posted by MS
You played, you spent... now reap your reward! Because you are an Xbox LIVE Rewards member and you spent more than 200 Microsoft Points in the Marketplace during the Gamer IQ trivia challenge, you have earned a Halo: Reach Banshee avatar prop!
Old 06-09-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Sweet. Same here.
Old 06-09-11, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Sweet. Same here.
Yep, and I was oh so excited to see an avatar prop was my prize.

Actually, I would think it was neat if I hadn't bought one of the pets for my avatar when they were released.
Old 06-09-11, 02:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ewardIsClothes
Old 06-10-11, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In regards to Ms. Splosion Man...have any of you tried getting killed repeatedly so you can "skip" ahead? In the first one, Splosion Man had to wear a pink tutu. This one...well, you need to see it if you haven't.
Old 06-10-11, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mazje
In regards to Ms. Splosion Man...have any of you tried getting killed repeatedly so you can "skip" ahead? In the first one, Splosion Man had to wear a pink tutu. This one...well, you need to see it if you haven't.
Finally got around to playing the demo tonight and I didn't see that, but now I have to go back and try it. I didn't suck enough to get that option.

Other things I enjoyed:

One of the menus you can select from the title screen (Unlockables, I think) plays the Splosion Man theme, one note at a time, as you move your cursor around between the various options.

Obvious reference to Predator in the demo and Total Recall in the preview for the full game.

And best of all: "Everybody Loves Donuts" plays softly behind the Pause screen!
Old 06-10-11, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Finally got around to playing the demo tonight and I didn't see that, but now I have to go back and try it. I didn't suck enough to get that option.
Yeah, I never saw the tutu either. :P
Old 06-10-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guys are a bunch of dicks!

(sobs quietly in a corner)
Old 06-14-11, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It should really have it's own thread now, but here's an interesting tidbit about Gunstringer from Joystiq:

The Gunstringer does not buck that trend(on rails); however, while it doesn't offer complete freedom of movement, it still manages to deliver the most precise Kinect controls I've ever experienced.

The Gunstringer is already one of the best-playing Kinect titles there is.
Old 06-14-11, 08:25 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Adventures of Shuggy and Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 this week. From what I've discovered, at least.

I've confirmed Shuggy.
Old 06-14-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Then what exactly will the game have before the 2012 core set gets added?
Sounds like it just has preset decks from this review:

http://www.co-optimus.com/review/783...op-review.html

So hopefully an actual core deck comes out in July?
Old 06-14-11, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wick
Adventures of Shuggy and Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 this week. From what I've discovered, at least.

I've confirmed Shuggy.
Major Nelson confiirmed both yesterday. That's the definitive site.

Last edited by Decker; 06-14-11 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-14-11, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by starman9000
Sounds like it just has preset decks from this review:

http://www.co-optimus.com/review/783...op-review.html

So hopefully an actual core deck comes out in July?
Thanks for linking directly to page 2. That wasn't confusing
Old 06-14-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

doh! At least that was the page that had the relevant bits.

Though I heard rumors that the deck-building would be a little more free in DotP 2012, as far as I can tell it’s the same as in the first game. You can take cards out of the preset decks (but your deck must be at least 60 cards), but that appears to be as far as customization goes.
Old 06-14-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought 60 cards was the minimum.

Yeah, for "most" formats, not your shitty "Free Parking" house rules

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_rules

In most formats, a deck must have a minimum of 60 cards; there is no maximum deck size. With the exception of basic lands, only four cards with the same name can be in a deck.
Old 06-14-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What are you talking about?
Old 06-14-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What are you talking about?

Before you couldn't remove the pre-set 60. Now you can. Can you build a deck from zero? No. Is it better than before? Yes.

The article complained about "at least 60 cards". Well, those are the rules so that's not even a valid complaint.
Old 06-14-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I can adjust anything out of the full deck and not just the bonus unlocked cards then I'm more than happy.
Old 06-14-11, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I didn't get the feeling you could do that from his review, as he said as far as he can tell it's the same as the last game. It would be nice if you could remove anything.

Hopefully he just missed a big button that says "Build deck from scratch."
Old 06-14-11, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He said you could remove from the "preset decks". That sounds like replacing starting cards with unlocked cards. We'll find out soon enough.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.