Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-11, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - (Epic Games/People Can Fly - 360/PS3/PC) It'll scare the dick off y

I know I personally don't take much stock in whatever Arthur Gies says about anything....so...I'd be looking for 2nd opinions.
Old 02-22-11, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - (Epic Games/People Can Fly - 360/PS3/PC) It'll scare the dick off y

I prefer single player to online, so I might give this one a rent.
Old 02-22-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Interesting at the 8.0 IGN gave it even though they mentioned it had a lack of Competitive Multiplayer.
Old 02-22-11, 07:02 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

has anyone here (aside from the couple that posted) actually got it today and played for a bit and can give thoughts on experience thus far?

i myself have not played it yet and won't tonight.
Old 02-22-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
has anyone here (aside from the couple that posted) actually got it today and played for a bit and can give thoughts on experience thus far?

i myself have not played it yet and won't tonight.
I rented it from Family Video this morning. Not really liking the demo and hearing early reports it was short I decided to rent it. I'm so glad I did...because I'm really enjoying it. I've played it about 3 hours and must say I have had a blast so far. I can't vouch for the length yet but the gameplay has been so much more fun than I would have thought from playing the demo. It kinda reminds me of Gears in a way with some different gameplay elements thrown in. BTW, i'm playing on normal and it seems pretty easy so far.
Old 02-22-11, 08:17 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well count me in the group that does NOT like it so far. I am about an hour in and I am not enjoying the game....

Hit detection seems off a bit...

Enemy bullets go through cover, even 6 feet deep cover, and even though it shows no damage to that cover, you can see the bullets go through rock/steel and hit you....

The skill shots, even though I have only done about 20 of them...are already getting old...

It is not as funny as it thinks it is...

Graphics are a mixed bag. Some of the stuff looks good..but some of the texture work up close, especially the ship early on is crap. It also suffers from a layer of fog that makes a lot of the game look washed out...

I am only 1/5th the way in, but I say skip it...rent it...or buy it under 20 bucks.
Old 02-22-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, amazon still has the $20 credit going on.

It doesn't say the game is the epic edition, but there's no way it isn't. It's release day/first pressing.
Old 02-22-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

And its now 58.99 [xbox]. If you paid 'full price' make sure to keep an eye on it and utilize the POPG [hey, a buck's a buck.]
Old 02-22-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked it up tonight. Got in on the Gears of War Triple Pack deal ($10) at Target for picking up Bulletstorm.

Would have picked it up at Best Buy, but the closest one to me is a bit farther than the local Target.
Old 02-22-11, 11:43 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I tried to rent it Tuesday afternoon. However, the video store I went to had issues scanning it into their system and renting it out, so they had it behind the counter. They tried scanning it for me, but no such luck.

I'll call them tomorrow and see if it's resolved. I'm looking forward to playing it.
Old 02-23-11, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Joystiq gives it a 4.5/5 in their review and claim it's a 12 hour game, which is a HUGE discrepancy from the 5 1/2 hour play time that IGN reported. Not sure what to make of that...
That's interesting that IGN reported it being 5 1/2 hours long.

Started playing around 7pm and at 3am, I'm on Act 6 of 7. So my 8 hours invested thus far is still longer than what IGN put down.

Haven't been trying to do a Speed Run or anything. There are a couple of Achievements that I have been taking the time to search out for as well.
Old 02-23-11, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Game Spot lists six hours in their review.
Old 02-23-11, 08:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Multiplayer is interesting in this. Sure, it's the usual "horde" mode, but advancement is based not just on survival, but on your final score.
Old 02-23-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I played a couple hours last night, on act 2 part 2, and even though I was among the first detractors of the game, I'm enjoying it. I think that even without the bromance, and plethora of dick mentions that this would stand on its own as something that might be fun. Sadly, I can't get past the sophomoric humor.

Assmaggot, i'll shoot the dicks of you, scared the dick off me. I mean seriously, did they hire some intern to be 'edgy' and write this drivel?

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 02-23-11 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-23-11, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

I went and did something a little dumb : I bought the PC version. I did it because I got it for less than $28 from an English site. In one way, it should be okay because according to IGN it looks considerably better on the PC and I just added a second graphics card to my gaming rig. But the problem I didn't hink about was that a Friends leaderboard is kinda useless without any friends and that makes the Echo mode useless as well. Anyone else grab a PC version? Can I be your Friend? (Actually, I don't even know how to 'friend' someone on a PC outside of Steam. Anyway, I'll be getting this on Friday, because that's when it releases in the UK.
Old 02-23-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm not expecting some in depth storyline like ME or even along Bioshock. This is a simple over-the-top, skillpoint base total mayhem shooter. Some games are meant to have long straight storyline or made for a open sandbox type of play like Red Dead or Red faction. No different than some for single only while others the MP element. Cannot wait to do the "Anarchy Mode" with some on my friends list.
Old 02-23-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
I went and did something a little dumb : I bought the PC version. I did it because I got it for less than $28 from an English site. In one way, it should be okay because according to IGN it looks considerably better on the PC and I just added a second graphics card to my gaming rig. But the problem I didn't hink about was that a Friends leaderboard is kinda useless without any friends and that makes the Echo mode useless as well. Anyone else grab a PC version? Can I be your Friend? (Actually, I don't even know how to 'friend' someone on a PC outside of Steam. Anyway, I'll be getting this on Friday, because that's when it releases in the UK.
NSFW:

Old 02-23-11, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Assmaggot, i'll shoot the dicks of you, scared the dick off me. I mean seriously, did they hire some intern to be 'edgy' and write this drivel?
It's even sadder since they actually got a real writer, who I thought had talent, to write the game.

Although can we talk about how fucking retarded it is to have Wolverine or whatever his name is respond so questionably to the chick saying she'd "kill your dicks". He was all "Kill our dicks?! What does that even mean?!" Um...fucking idiot, you've been saying all kinds of stupid shit heretofore, and most of it included dick references. Terrible.

A lot about the game seemed off to me while I was playing it last night, yet I found this morning I was really looking forward to getting back into it, so something must be there. Not sure the lasting appeal for me though. As for now, I'm glad I didn't purchase it.
Old 02-23-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Checked over at Teamxbox to see the feeback and some post more review scores...

Eurogamer....9/10

Gamesradar...10

Gamestrailers...8.6
Old 02-23-11, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm assuming Gamesradar gave it a 10 because it's a game full of people that talk like them.
Old 02-23-11, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So what are everyone's Rape tallies currently at?

I won't get the game until today or tomorrow, so I'm going to have to play catch up (rape up?).
Old 02-23-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried to rape a mini-boss, but for some reason after kicking him in the ass I couldn't shoot him in the ass fast enough. So I just took his head off with force.

No real life rapes yet either, suck it Fox.

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 02-23-11 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-23-11, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No real life rapes yet either, suck it Fox.
No achievement for you!
Old 02-23-11, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
No achievement for you!

Correct, I am playing it on the PS3!
Old 02-23-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Correct, I am playing it on the PS3!
Well that explains the lack of raping then, kicked in the balls too many times by Sony.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.