Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Old 02-02-11, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - (Epic Games/People Can Fly - 360/PS3/PC) It'll scare the dick off y

They made a parody of Call of Duty which is pretty hilarious -

http://kotaku.com/5749992/duty-calls...t-call-of-duty

It's a 700 MB PC demo that lasts about 5 minutes. Or just watch the video that pretty much has the whole thing -

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d7r9RqWBdl8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 02-04-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - (Epic Games/People Can Fly - 360/PS3/PC) It'll scare the dick off y

Gamespot has some trailers showing some different Skill Shots...each only about 1:00 minute

This is on off the PC for Fireworks, Letterbomb and Breakdance...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/un...Bounce=6286856

This one is for Burn, Juggler and Gang Bang...

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/bu...ridePid=952600
Old 02-05-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon now has the game at $58 with a $10 promo credit plus with the upgrade to the LE.
Old 02-05-11, 04:59 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Played the demo, was kind of disappointed. It just wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be.
Old 02-05-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,028 Likes on 4,116 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Amazon now has the game at $58 with a $10 promo credit plus with the upgrade to the LE.
Aren't all launch versions the LE? I'm pretty sure they are. Kmart will have a promotion where you get $20 back in Shop Your Way Rewards with purchase. That's probably a better way to go if you want this game at launch. I'm hoping for a Crackdown like effect where there are scores of used copies for under $20 once the GoW3 beta is over.
Old 02-05-11, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Aren't all launch versions the LE? I'm pretty sure they are. Kmart will have a promotion where you get $20 back in Shop Your Way Rewards with purchase. That's probably a better way to go if you want this game at launch. I'm hoping for a Crackdown like effect where there are scores of used copies for under $20 once the GoW3 beta is over.

I would jump on the Kmart deal but I've got over $60 in credits at Amazon. Plus with us here in Tennessee we have a 9.8% sales tax so you're at $5 off the bat.
Old 02-06-11, 12:52 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This seems to be one of the first amazon game credits that is NOT applied to all existing pre-orders. If you had it pre-ordered before the credit, you have to cancel and order again, or email amazon to see if they will give it to you (something you might have to do if you used credit to pre-order this) Someone on CAG confirmed that he was not going to get the credit automatically until he emailed amazon.

Amazon got under my skin a bit when they stopped the price adjustments 30 days after a purchase... if they now are looking at game credit as something separate from their game price guarantee, I am no longer pre-ordering ANYTHING until the last minute.
Old 02-06-11, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Played the demo and was taken aback at how cynical this game is. Easily the dumbest and most juvenile game I've played since Gears. It's games like this that make it hard for adults to play games and for games to be taken seriously as a medium.

It's an especially glaring contrast as I play a smart/mature game like Mass Effect 2, which is reminding me of the best sci-fi TV series in terms of writing and acting.

Beyond the asshole trappings, I didn't think the gameplay was as fun as the Vanquish demo, which felt very similar to me.
Old 02-06-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by chess
Played the demo and was taken aback at how cynical this game is. Easily the dumbest and most juvenile game I've played since Gears. It's games like this that make it hard for adults to play games and for games to be taken seriously as a medium.
Fuck yeah!
Old 02-06-11, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

It's an especially glaring contrast as I play a smart/mature game like Mass Effect 2, which is reminding me of the best sci-fi TV series in terms of writing and acting.

Beyond the asshole trappings, I didn't think the gameplay was as fun as the Vanquish demo, which felt very similar to me.

every game doesn't need to be a masterpiece. some games are just mindless fun. how is this game any different than a stupid movie. just because some movies aren't oscar material, doesn't mean they shouldn't be made.
Old 02-06-11, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well mentioning ME2 with Bulletstorm is like mentioning COD to Saints Row or Halo with Red Dead Redemption or GOW with Bioshock. Different styles, different appeal. Some of the fighting games look "childish" to me but hey fun to play once in awhile. Destroy All Humans is a laugher but still some fun. And yea I've played both ME series and it's in another league
Old 02-06-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it's like comparing every single game to Borderlands... oh wait.
Old 02-06-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts

Lighten up Francis, that's like comparing Exorcist to Evil Dead 2.
Old 02-06-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not comparing it to ME2, but rather contrasting. I wish I could keep a more open mind and look at it just like I look at movies, but I can't because society doesn't, retailers don't, politicians don't, etc.

Between this game seemingly having no redeeming qualities whatsoever and that amazingly cynical Dead Space 2 commercial (the game itself looks great), it's no wonder avg people think gamers are douches.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JMnnNpcFbog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PxrsHnGeQv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-06-11, 10:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I would love to try Mass Effect 2, but I'm still in the first dialogue tree from the original game. "Blah blah blah blah blah blah."
Old 02-07-11, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
I would love to try Mass Effect 2, but I'm still in the first dialogue tree from the original game. "Blah blah blah blah blah blah."

The sad part is that that's true for me.
Old 02-07-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Btw, I haven't even tried the Bulletstorm demo but I think I'll pass/wait on this game. I'm "scared" that you have to chain combos to be successful, seems too difficult for me.

But yeah, we need all kinds of games.
Old 02-07-11, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm not comparing it to ME2, but rather contrasting. I wish I could keep a more open mind and look at it just like I look at movies, but I can't because society doesn't, retailers don't, politicians don't, etc.
What does it matter to you what society, retailers, or politicians think? I understand why people care about how others treat a particular hobby that we all enjoy, but I don't see why it should have any effect on your enjoyment or view towards a game.
Old 02-07-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Btw, I haven't even tried the Bulletstorm demo but I think I'll pass/wait on this game. I'm "scared" that you have to chain combos to be successful, seems too difficult for me.
It's not like that at all - as with most first-person-shooters, you can just shoot enemies in the face (or the dick) without worrying about combos, and move on your merry way.
Old 02-07-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
Say goodbye to your dick.
Old 02-07-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I played the demo, and my dick is thankfully intact. It did, however, bore my butthole off.
Old 02-07-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe more importantly then, what is the current state of your taint?
Old 02-07-11, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
It's not like that at all - as with most first-person-shooters, you can just shoot enemies in the face (or the dick) without worrying about combos, and move on your merry way.

....and don't forget the "Blue-flame Combo" on the butt. I think that super-charge flare would cause some serious gas issues.
Old 02-07-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by superfro
Maybe more importantly then, what is the current state of your taint?
This burning question will be answered in future DLC. We appreciate your interest and hope you follow along as the saga continues!
Old 02-08-11, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well you better grab before it gets banned. A story over at Fox...

"Is Bulletstorm the Worst Video Game in the World"

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...ds/?test=faces

In the new video game Bulletstorm due February 22, players are rewarded for shooting enemies in the private parts (such as the buttocks). There’s an excess of profanity, of course, including frequent use of F-words. And Bulletstorm is particularly gruesome, with body parts that explode all over the screen.

But that's not the worst part.

The in-game awards system, called Skill Shots, ties the ugly, graphic violence into explicit sex acts: "topless" means cutting a player in half, while a "gang bang" means killing multiple enemies. And with kids as young as 9 playing such games, the experts FoxNews.com spoke with were nearly universally worried that video game violence may be reaching a fever pitch.

“If a younger kid experiences Bulletstorm's explicit language and violence, the damage could be significant,” Dr. Jerry Weichman, a clinical psychologist at the Hoag Neurosciences Institute in Southern California, told FoxNews.com

Remember what they said before GTA came out, about the same thing and look what happened.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.