Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-17, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Yeah loved this game, but price is bullshit. It'll get it when it's $15.99 + tax after GCU.
Old 04-08-17, 10:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 915 Likes on 774 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Anyone who has, played any yet? Thoughts? I hope to play some later tomorrow...
Old 04-14-17, 09:31 PM

Anyone at all playing new edition?
Old 04-14-17, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Anyone at all playing new edition?
???

Originally Posted by slop101
Wow. A full-priced 5 year old game, and one of the few new things is pre-order exclusive? What a kick in the dick!
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
They're reaching at $60 for a remake though.
Originally Posted by Decker
I might bite when it hits $29.99.
Originally Posted by K&AJones
If this was $29-$39, it would be jumped on but I'm will to bet a lot are looking at that $60 price tag and saying....ughhh...No.
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
60 bucks is about 40 bucks too much for me. I'll grab it when the final price I pay will be around 20-25.
Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Yeah loved this game, but price is bullshit. It'll get it when it's $15.99 + tax after GCU.
Looks like it's you and Barth.
Old 04-14-17, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't started it yet. Once I'm done with my 10 dollar copy of Quantum Break I'm hitting this one up. I bought bulletstorm with bing rewards for free so I'm in no rush since I have no trade in value.
Old 04-15-17, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I started playing it but the dialogue is a bit much...

Playing as Duke is... weird in this game... dialogue was funny for the first 1/2 hour maybe... but then it just overwhelms and makes you want to play it on mute.
Old 04-15-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the game in a nutshell. The dialogue is easily the worst part, which sucks because I remember the rest of the game being fun for the most part.
Old 04-16-17, 07:55 PM

Fingers crossed I get some bit of time tomorrow. Looking forward to some kick-ass FPS. Really want to finish DOOM, but it was getting a little difficult...
Old 04-18-17, 07:18 PM

Wow, this was so much fun the first few minutes I played. I love that energy leash. Makes for a neat addition. Lots of fun kills with it. I don't think the dialogue is that over the top. At least not yet. Fits in with the style of gameplay which is just pure fun. I love the skillshots thing. And the game is pretty in its new incarnate. Can't wait to keep going, but really do want to finish RE7...
Old 04-18-17, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey, cool story bro...
Old 04-18-17, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donkey Dick breath kill your dick.
Old 04-18-17, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Music
Hey, cool story bro...
Thanks man. I always pegged you as a lonely, miserable, angry man, but this post was sincere and with heart. Thanks!
Old 04-18-17, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stop peeking in my windows you weirdo!
Old 04-19-17, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Glad you are enjoying it.....I almost dusted off the 360 version just to play it again for laughs which are plenty. The 'Leash" is a blast but coming up with various combos always has you wanting to repeat an area to try others along with the various weird guns. But if you can find someone to do the "4-player co-op" areas...now that is insanely fun since the goal is to get the most points via player combos.
Old 04-19-17, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Glad you are enjoying it.....I almost dusted off the 360 version just to play it again for laughs which are plenty. The 'Leash" is a blast but coming up with various combos always has you wanting to repeat an area to try others along with the various weird guns. But if you can find someone to do the "4-player co-op" areas...now that is insanely fun since the goal is to get the most points via player combos.
Yes, very fun. I just wish I can play more. I even want to play at non-traditional times, for me, that is something. I hope this weekend I can really get some good time in. I thought it was unlimited ammo. Lol. But, you can run out of bullets. That's what's great about the leash. Tether someone into spikes or just kick them a few times and bammo. Headshots are great, but I usually only get like 10 or 25+ for most kills...
Old 04-19-17, 09:05 PM

and, i only have the first gun. i'm sure there are bigger and better yet to come...
Old 04-20-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

and, i only have the first gun. i'm sure there are bigger and better yet to come...
I don't remember a heck-of-a-lot of choices but each gun was a blast to play. There's a Revolver that's good with it's charged shot. Really fun when you bounce enemies in the air and if you hit one in a group the rest can light up or with a charged headshot send them flying even more.

Then some chain gun where you can tie one up, kick them in a group of others and blow them all up. The Sniper was cool as well but it can be tricky with the timing but the visual effects are the best. You'll see on it and there's a few places it's made for. You can have a blast and laughs just messing with the various gun, kick and leash combos trying to get the Skillshot Tag.....
Old 04-23-17, 06:52 PM

Full Clip Edition supposed to run 60 fps, right? I see noticeable slow down when there is a lot going on on screen.
Still looks gorgeous on One. And so fun. The language and dialogue is really nothing grating. The carnage mostly drowns it out lol. But, this to me, seems similar to Gears. In fact it seems it pulls some from Gears. This game is just pure fun.

Great kills, over-the-top action. Would have liked a little more exploration but not what game is about. Still early on, Act 2, scene 1 I think. Where I track the chick. Simple, mindless shooting that looks great in slo-mo.

Like a mix of Borderlands, Gears of War, the new DOOM, which that actually owes to this, and other mindless action FPS's...
Old 04-27-17, 08:10 PM

I tell ya, I get to play maybe once a week, twice on a special week, but I'm just having a blast. I got my yearn to play again. Haven't had that in awhile. Runnng and gunning is my style and this is perfect for that. And I still can't get over visuals. Really good looking...
Old 04-29-17, 10:24 PM

Oh man, that sniper rifle and controlling the bullet! Great stuff. And to build an act around it is real cool. I don't always control the bullet so well, but I'm sure it takes a little practice...

How many Acts are in the game?
Old 04-30-17, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

How many Acts are in the game?
This many.
Old 04-30-17, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm waiting for the next take on that site called "let me fucking google that for you, you lazy dumb fuck"

The only thing I found right now was let me duck duck go that for you... https://lmddgtfy.net/

Last edited by Music; 04-30-17 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-30-17, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

lmfgtfy-yldf.com
Old 04-30-17, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
what's the big deal asking in a thread dedicated to the game?? there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest and i want to talk about experience and enjoyment and see if anyone else besides K&A is playing. big fucking deal!
Old 04-30-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's probably the fact that no one is going to remember that far back and is going to have to Google anyways to find out. I finished the game years ago and have no clue how many levels there are.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.