Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

For now most if not all Anarchy matches are with friends. We have have done some with random and it's been flat out frustrating. Some just hide and let us do the work and some go around and go for high kill scores Three us did a match where we went to "20" and had four different players come and go. Randon is a roll of the dice on getting a decent team. I'm at level 45 now.
Old 03-21-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Finished up basically all the single player achievements [just need the harder difficulty ones]. I'm hoping for a sequel or 2 later down the line. Gonna try echo and Anarchy some more [haven't in a while]. If anyone wants to add me to ya friends list...

Gamertag: Mr. Bungle
Old 03-21-11, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love the Echos part. It's basically arcade feel with a unlimited replay all the while trying something new or different. I just got the "Horder Achievment" which you get when you reach 50 Stars and I still have two Echo maps to go.
Old 04-11-12, 04:23 PM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts

Epic has canceled Bulletstorm 2. Too bad. I enjoyed the first and was looking forward to a sequel.

Epic shelved Bulletstorm sequel

A Bulletstorm follow-up was in the works before Epic Games moved Polish developer People Can Fly to a new project, president Mike Capps told GameSpot this weekend at PAX East.

"We thought a lot about a sequel, and had done some initial development on it, but we found a project that we thought was a better fit for People Can Fly," he said. "We haven't announced that yet, but we will be announcing it pretty soon."

"I'd love to go back [to Bulletstorm]," he added. "I think there's more to do with Bulletstorm. Heck, it kind of ended wanting more. I'd love to see another project, but right now we don't have anything to talk about."

Regarding the original Bulletstorm, Capps said the foul-mouthed first-person shooter didn't live up to publisher Electronic Arts' expectations.

"I think Bulletstorm was very critically successful, and I think a lot of folks really enjoyed seeing something new," he said. "From a sales perspective it was good, but not amazing. I think EA was hoping we'd do better."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/epic-sh...sequel-6370603
Old 04-11-12, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shame.....I to loved the first one. Some good laughs, some quirky but fun gameplay. But always had me wanting to try for higher and better scores.
Old 04-11-12, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I really liked the first one. It didn't seem to take off sales wise so I'm not surprised. Everybody is pretty much making well known sequels now.
Old 04-11-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually just got this game this past weekend. I was itching for something new and was checking out all the $20 games on demand and after trying the demo for it I picked it up. I ended up getting it at the store though since i read the Games on Demand version didn't come with the online pass(typical EA/M$ BS). I got the Epic Edition new for the same price with the pass and I guess some extra maps. I love the Echoes mode. Lotsa quick mindless fun
Old 04-12-12, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

no Bulletstorm 2

working on the next GEARS Trilogy
Old 04-13-12, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If I still had my copy I'd play some Echos Mode with you. It's really fun with three or four as long as everyone works together trying for all the combos. But it is some great mindless fun.
Old 04-13-12, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently picked this up super cheap and have been having a blast. The game is super fun single player. Once I beat it I will try out the Echoes mode.
Old 04-19-12, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I got this for $5 bucks thanks to the Best Buy coupon and its been a lot of fun!

I'm juvenile, but the line early on about "I'll kill your dicks" "What does that even mean, you'll kill our dicks?!" had me rolling. Hopefully the rest of the game is as entertaining.
Old 04-19-12, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep...it's a steady dose of off-the-wall one-liners like that that has you asking...."what the heck did he just say....?". nothing better than laughing while kicking, lashing, whipping and thumping the bad guys.
Old 06-21-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I finally pulled this off the unplayed pile and popped it in this week. What a freakin' blast! It seems kinda short though, I'm on Act 7.1 after a couple days. A shame it didn't take off, but I can see why. While the gameplay is a blast, the story, acting, etc. , makes it feel pretty generic. The levels and characters look and feel like Gears of War rejects. Wait, I'll take part of that back, I do like the sunny, bright levels compared to Gears muddy brown levels.
Old 06-21-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It would have sold better without the inane dialogue. Everyone who ends up playing it seems to enjoy it, but so many people were turned off by that E3 demo and the run up to release.
Old 06-21-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Speaking of, wasn't "Dick-Tits" the big phrase being tossed around? Did Epic patch it out of the game? I haven't heard it once.
Old 06-21-12, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even though i finished the game and about 85-90% of the achievments, I'd love to pick up a used copy and play it agin. The Anarchy mode was really fun. It works much like Ghostbusters where working with others is almost a necessity making it more enjoyable.
Old 06-23-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As much as I love GEARS, I woulda loved them to do Bulletstorm 2 instead.
Old 08-26-12, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I've put about 4 hours into this game and have been loving it! The graphics look beautiful maxed out. Humor is a bit childish but had me laugh a few times. The way they handle weapons is really unique and adding the leash makes it insanely fun. The best part so far is the level at the amusement park! R.I.P. Waggleton P. Tallylicker...
Old 08-27-12, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I talked shit about this game when I played the demo awhile back but I gotta say I was wrong. I really enjoyed it.

It helped it was $8 at Target but still
Old 08-31-12, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Finished last night and this is one of my favorite shooters i've played this year. The leash gimmick was great and did some awesome combos with it. But the best weapon was easily the sniper rifle! I don't think any other game besides Ratchet and Clank have done this kind of Sniper Rifle.
Old 08-31-12, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Speaking of, wasn't "Dick-Tits" the big phrase being tossed around? Did Epic patch it out of the game? I haven't heard it once.
The female co-star says it once when you first meet her.
Old 09-01-12, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mhg83
Finished last night and this is one of my favorite shooters i've played this year. The leash gimmick was great and did some awesome combos with it. But the best weapon was easily the sniper rifle! I don't think any other game besides Ratchet and Clank have done this kind of Sniper Rifle.

I'm glad to se some still picking this up and having a good time with it. When the demo first came out I probably played it as much as some games. I know I laughed more. Shame but I don't think we'll see a Bulletstorm 2. I'd like to pick up a used copy and finsih a few achievments. I think I've got about 85% of them. But it'll be hard for time with Borderlands 2, MOH, Halo 4 and GOW coming in the next few months.
Old 09-29-16, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NO! I WANT PART 2!!

BULLETSTORM REMASTER COMING FOR PS4, XBOX ONE AND PC

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition has been rated by the Brazil Advisory Rating Board.

According to Gematsu, Full Clip Edition is listed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It's going to be published by Gearbox Software, and it's due out next year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/...box-one-and-pc
Old 09-29-16, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great, another remaster instead of a sequel or new IP
Old 09-29-16, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Great, another remaster instead of a sequel or new IP
What a bunch of Dick-Tits!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.