Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Nintendo Announces 3DS - 3D w/o Glasses!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo Announces 3DS - 3D w/o Glasses!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nintendo Announces 3DS - 3D w/o Glasses!

I'm a couple of worlds into DKC Returns. I forgot how hard and ultimately rewarding it is. Now, I'm really excited for Tropical Freeze.
Old 12-27-13, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep going back and forth about the 3DS, but at the end of the day, I'd be paying $230 to play Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.
Old 12-27-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I keep getting a "Card Has Been Removed" error on my system after I close and reopen the system. Pissed me off, because I'd get halfway through a Zelda dungeon, need to take a break and then start over
Old 12-27-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31
20 years ago we didnt have to deal with all this bullshit. You bought a system bought some games and fired it up. Now, everything is system updates, long ass installs, outages. Its fucking annoying as hell.
The only annoying thing back then was having to blow on a cartridge every now and then. I'll take that shit anyday.
Old 12-27-13, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I woke up at 6:30 this morning and was finally able to download it.
Thats what I did. Finally got it this morning. I tried to go on the estore earlier just to see if it was working now. I got a message saying that the store was down in my region to help improve service or something like that.
Old 12-28-13, 02:32 AM

I just picked up the mario and luigi dream team package. I just picked up the zelda games and was wondering what are some good games to pick up. What are also some good games from the virtua console to pick up.
Old 12-28-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Seems like the wiiu shop stays up but the 3ds one definitely goes down every night. Ridiculous.
Old 12-30-13, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Seems like Nintendo needs changes within the company. They do not understand online. Yes most companies have issues on launch or Christmas, but this is beyond that.

On another note is anyone still playing Animal Crossing? I like visiting other towns. What's the best way to get people? Just from here? My ID is ScorpyGkar. Feel free to add me. Is there there a thread for for that? I also would like to do that MiiVerse stuff.
Old 12-30-13, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadman31
not sure if serious but I wanted to throw my two cents in. 20 years ago we didnt have to deal with all this bullshit. You bought a system bought some games and fired it up. Now, everything is system updates, long ass installs, outages. Its fucking annoying as hell.
Games were less complex, and if there was a bug, it was essentially there forever.

No one is forcing you to use the online store. You can buy games at retail and be happy.
Old 12-30-13, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I picked up a Zelda 3DS bundle before Christmas. Haven't bothered opening it since Zelda is a download. I'll just wait until someone reports everything is working the way it's supposed to.
Old 12-30-13, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I think you're good to go now. I have visited the shop a few times since downloading.
Old 12-30-13, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Games were less complex, and if there was a bug, it was essentially there forever.
Or they would just quietly release an upgraded version under the same SKU and early adopters were stuck with the bugged version. Off the top of my head this happened with Donkey Kong Country and I'm sure there are tons of other examples.

Everything old is awesome and everything new is stupid!
Old 12-31-13, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo

No one is forcing you to use the online store. You can buy games at retail and be happy.
I wasnt talking about the online store onyl, but just generally. I turn on my console whichever one it may be and it seems like there is always an update, or an outage, or something else that really takes the enjoyment away. I know things werent always great back in the day but I kind of miss not always having to be logged on to some network to play a game.
Old 12-31-13, 04:49 PM

Just beat A Link Between Worlds and came away thoroughly underwhelmed. Parts of it were kind of fun, but nothing really blew me away. With the exception of some parts in the ice palace, there was nothing that was really challenging.

I did like some of the art direction, especially the 2D depictions of Link, but not too much else. Kind of surprised it sneaked onto so many people's GOTY lists
Old 12-31-13, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The thing with ALBW, to me, isn't that it did anything mind-blowing or particularly innovative, but everything it did was perfect. There was no bloat and nothing frustrating. I enjoyed every minute of discovery. I still have a couple of chests I can't quite figure out (Ice Palace entry and Dark Palace inner room), but I will. I imagine one of those is my last piece of ore for my Lv3 Master Sword. If not? I'll just keep exploring!
Old 12-31-13, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
The thing with ALBW, to me, isn't that it did anything mind-blowing or particularly innovative, but everything it did was perfect. There was no bloat and nothing frustrating. I enjoyed every minute of discovery. I still have a couple of chests I can't quite figure out (Ice Palace entry and Dark Palace inner room), but I will. I imagine one of those is my last piece of ore for my Lv3 Master Sword. If not? I'll just keep exploring!
The Dark Palace was the one puzzle I couldn't figure out.

Spoiler:
And yes, that is where you get the final master ore piece
Old 01-03-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm about half way through DKCR. Man some of these levels are tough, and I consider myself a pretty good gamer especially platformers. I really hate the mine cart and rocket levels.
Old 01-05-14, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Why is no one talking about the Bravely Default demo that came out last week? I found a couple post from a month ago, but nothing since.

Nintendo 3DS RPG Bravely Default is getting a demo on January 2. It’s not your average trial though, as it includes a story not included in the main game. Additionally, data will transfer over to the full version when it is released on February 7.
There isn't a lot of tutorial here they just kinda throw you in. Last night was the first time I got to try the demo out, and I was seemed to wipe a lot. One time was I went somewhere I shouldn't have been yet (found out that later by talking to someone in town), and the others were groups of enemies that keep spawning/luring additional enemies into battle.
Old 01-06-14, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Edison
Why is no one talking about the Bravely Default demo that came out last week? I found a couple post from a month ago, but nothing since.

There isn't a lot of tutorial here they just kinda throw you in. Last night was the first time I got to try the demo out, and I was seemed to wipe a lot. One time was I went somewhere I shouldn't have been yet (found out that later by talking to someone in town), and the others were groups of enemies that keep spawning/luring additional enemies into battle.

I haven't downloaded the demo, trying to finish Zelda before it comes out. I already have Bravely Default pre-ordered from Amazon and I can't wait to play it!
Old 01-07-14, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
I haven't downloaded the demo, trying to finish Zelda before it comes out. I already have Bravely Default pre-ordered from Amazon and I can't wait to play it!
The demo has exclusive content not in the main game as part of the game-play experience. If you complete the demo before starting the full game, content is transferable to your save-game data so it's part of your full game experience. Just though I would mention this in case you didn't know and were just going to get the main game and skip the demo.

I haven't started the demo yet but want to soon to see if I would like this game. It seems like it will be a good one. I pre-ordered the limited edition already because it keeps going OOS, but will cancel if the demo doesn't intrigue me enough, but I'm hoping it will because it sounds like it could be a quality game.
Old 01-07-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm very very worried about the microtransactions in Bravely Default. Next to EA Square-Enix has become the most un-trustable company in the industry imho.
Old 01-08-14, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GenPion
The demo has exclusive content not in the main game as part of the game-play experience. If you complete the demo before starting the full game, content is transferable to your save-game data so it's part of your full game experience. Just though I would mention this in case you didn't know and were just going to get the main game and skip the demo.
Thanks for the heads-up, downloading now. I figured it was just a quick "here is how the characters look, here is how fighting works" demo. So it actually works a bit into the story?
Old 01-09-14, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I've been enjoying my Wii U so much I went out and got a 3DS XL. Is there a way to transfer your Mii data from the Wii U to the 3DS?
Old 01-10-14, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks
Old 01-10-14, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man I picked up Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and can't put the damn thing down.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.