Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official PS3 thread - Aaaaannnnnnddddd we're back!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official PS3 thread - Aaaaannnnnnddddd we're back!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-11, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Official PS3 thread - Aaaaannnnnnddddd we're back!

Originally Posted by orangecrush
So, I got a PS3 from a crazy Amazon warehouse deal recently and I have to say that game sharing is the single most amazing discovery of my game buying life. I am seriously considering getting rid of all my 360 Rock Band gear and moving over to PS3 due to how insanely cheap game sharing makes dlc.
I have a bunch of gameshares with people. Oh, and take the mac back to the store.
Old 09-13-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I have a bunch of gameshares with people. Oh, and take the mac back to the store.
and get what (was at amazon btw)?
Old 09-14-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody else try the new Ace Combat demo? I loved the older games (especially Ace Combat 4 and the one for XBox 360) but something about this one just didn't work for me. I think it was an emphasis on the HAWX like "dogfight" mode which I found rather annoying. The helicopter controls/mode are ok but nothing fantastic or that innovating.

I think they tried to hard to do something new and ruined the classic AC gameplay.
Old 09-14-11, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by orangecrush
and get what (was at amazon btw)?
I've seen you post, you aren't pretentious enough for a mac. You are pc all the way :P
Old 09-18-11, 06:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have we talked about this yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14948701

Sony asks gamers to sign new terms or face PSN ban

Hacking attacks compromised the accounts of some 100 million PSN users

Sony is preparing to ban gamers from the PlayStation Network (PSN) unless they waive the right to collectively sue it over future security breaches.

The firm has amended PSN's terms and conditions and users have to agree to them next time they log in.

The move comes months after a string of hacking attacks compromised over 100 million accounts of the PlayStation Network subscribers.

It is, however, possible to opt out of the agreement within the next 30 days.

Gamers will now have to try to resolve any legal issues with an arbitrator picked by Sony, before being able to file a lawsuit.

The new clauses, dubbed "Binding Individual Arbitration," state that "any Dispute Resolution Proceedings, whether in arbitration or court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, consolidated, representative or private attorney general action".

The re-written terms and conditions are being presented to gamers when they log in, but some have questioned who will notice the changes.

Tech news site The Register wondered who would notice the small print outlining the opt-out terms, and not simply click the "agree" box having scrolled all the way down.

Those that want to opt out will have to send a letter to Sony's Los Angeles headquarters in the US.

Once they do, the subscribers will be able to keep their right to file a class action lawsuit without any need for arbitration.

But before subscribers have a chance to opt out, they will still be required to agree to the new terms the next time they log into their accounts.

Otherwise they will not be able to use the online services.

Attacks and apology
A class action lawsuit filed against Sony in April after the first attack, in which the details of 77 million users were stolen and PSN went offline for 40 days, could end up costing the Japanese electronics giant billions of dollars.

Sony Online Entertainment, the company's computer games service, was also hit, as well as the Sony Pictures website, exposing personal information for 25 million more accounts.

In addition, personal data of 2,000 consumers was stolen from a Sony Ericsson website in Canada and details of 8,500 users were leaked on a Sony Music Entertainment website in Greece.

Some time later, a group called Lulz Security claimed to have broken into Sonypictures.com.

Sony has since apologised over the security breaches and offered compensation packages.
Old 09-18-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 09-18-11, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

So, hypothetically, if someone clears our my bank account due to Sony's negligent security, I can't sue?
Old 09-19-11, 10:37 AM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

I'm sending them a letter today to opt out of the arbitration clause.
Old 09-19-11, 11:15 AM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-free-to-play/

Looks DCU Online is going to be free on PS3. Had wanted to try it out but wasn't going to spend what they were charging for the game when it included only 1 free month.

Here is the page talking about the free account limitations.
Old 09-19-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-free-to-play/

Looks DCU Online is going to be free on PS3. Had wanted to try it out but wasn't going to spend what they were charging for the game when it included only 1 free month.

Here is the page talking about the free account limitations.
Nice. I still haven't redeemed my first month free after getting the game, as I assumed this would eventually happen. It says that subscribers automatically enter as Premium members, so I wonder if my free month counts me as a subscriber and when I should redeem it so the transfer goes smoothly.

Thanks for posting!

Edit: just found the info. It says:
PREMIUM ACCESS
At the time the game is transitioned to free-to-play, all existing DCUO accounts with inactive subscriptions will be granted Premium Access. After the game is transitioned to free-to-play, Premium Access will be granted to any player that spends at least U.S. $5.00 (or the foreign equivalent) or 500 Station Cash on items in the DCUO in-game marketplace, or that purchases a DCUO DLC Pack. Premium Access does not expire.
By redeeming the free month, I assume I would have a DCUO account that would have an inactive subscription (or it would be active at time of transition giving me temporary Legendary access?)
Old 09-20-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Have we talked about this yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14948701
I wondered why I was given a new TOS. I only skimmed through it before I hit accept. Fortunately, I've never kept sensitive information on my PSN account.
Old 09-20-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

And today it looks like we got a new firmware. 3.72 is downloading for me right now, and for those who use Netflix on the PS3 watch out. This firmware breaks Netflix, but doing a reset of the Netflix software fixes the problem.
Old 09-20-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free code for LocoRoco 2.

FP8P-RLBK-ARQN

Please post if you used it.
Old 09-21-11, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Free code for LocoRoco 2.

FP8P-RLBK-ARQN

Please post if you used it.
Already taken.
Old 09-22-11, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So what’s going on with the Move now? Is it pretty much dead? Gamestop and Amazon have a bunch of the accessories for 50% off now and I think starting next week everything is 50% off at K Mart as well.
Old 09-22-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Best as I can tell, Move-required games are dead or near dead. We'll be getting another EyePet game and a few others, but not much. They sold like crap. But Move-enabled games are easy to program (just basically adding another control scheme) and aren't going anywhere. So no Start The Party 2 perhaps, but Move enabled shooters, sports games and platformers will continue.
Old 09-23-11, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I'm officially done with these peripherals and I hope the OEM's are too. My Move equipment hasn't been used since Xmas day and my dream of a "good" Tiger Woods game was dashed when TW12 was average at best.
Old 09-23-11, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love light gun games and welcome the flood of cheap move stuff.
Old 09-23-11, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm officially done with these peripherals and I hope the OEM's are too. My Move equipment hasn't been used since Xmas day and my dream of a "good" Tiger Woods game was dashed when TW12 was average at best.
How could you tell without trying it with your Move equipment? TW 12 didn't come out until April.
Old 09-23-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So what’s going on with the Move now? Is it pretty much dead? Gamestop and Amazon have a bunch of the accessories for 50% off now and I think starting next week everything is 50% off at K Mart as well.
Weird you asked that since I was going to bring up the old Move thread and ask about it. I had thought about getting one but since my PS3 gets little gaming love and I barely have time to finish my old 360 games, I have decided against getting one. I have an old Eye with my Eye of Judgment games and was trying to decide whether to get rid of it or not.

The old Move thread hasn't been touched since March and I have heard little about the Move since it debuted.

Have there been any reports on how the Move has done sales-wise? For me, after playing with the Kinect for the past year, it is tough for me to buy an attachment like the Move or play with the Wii. I have gotten used to either playing with a game controller or none at all...nothing in-between.
Old 09-27-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Does anyone else's friend list load up really slowly?
Old 09-27-11, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Does anyone else's friend list load up really slowly?
Did you mean to post this in the 360 thread?
Old 09-27-11, 09:32 PM

Man, they're really bringing it with Playstation Plus lately. Today they gave away all the Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC for free. That's a nice bonus. Combine that with "free" copies of PvZ, RE 1,2 & 3, launch day discounts of 50% on the two RE HD titles and the assorted themes, sales and such and you've got a pretty impressive September. Yeah, I'd say that's worth the less than $4 it cost me for the month.
Old 09-27-11, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Move accessories are only on sale for the next few weeks and will eventually go back to normal prices. They are releasing the everybody dance game next month and a few more in November, so Move isn't dead yet, but it's not a great seller.
Old 10-01-11, 01:42 AM

Those of you who had a PS3 die on you : Did you see graphical glitches in non-gaming functions before "the end"? Watching the X-Men First Class blu tonight, I saw blue ghosting in very bright scenes, then after the movie was over, I saw brief fuzziness and graphical glitches as I navigated around the dynamic theme I was using. Wondering if this is the "beginning of the end"...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.