Batman: Arkham City Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham City Thread

Old 02-09-12, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham City Thread

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Dick Grayson probably would. He is more of a pimp than Bruce ever was. Bruce just mostly acts like a playboy, but Dick is a playboy. He banged Barbara and then immediately afterward tells her he is engaged to Starfire.

Spoiler:
Wow, Dick is kind of a...dick. Moreso as it clearly happened after Barbara had been crippled for some time.

Finished the game last weekend and honestly think that if you pair this one with the first, you pretty much have the closest thing you can get to an all inclusive Batman story. My only gripe
Spoiler:
It took a lot of guts to kill off as many major characters as they did. Granted Ras and Talia can just be taken to a Lazarus pit, but didn't seem like there was anyone left from the League to do such. Joker kind of shocked me, but I am guessing the voice message that plays over the credits is to suggest he is still alive?
Overall a fun experience, and I only completed the storyline aspect, still got a lot of other stuff to take care of in spare time.
Old 02-10-12, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Wow, Dick is kind of a...dick. Moreso as it clearly happened after Barbara had been crippled for some time.

Finished the game last weekend and honestly think that if you pair this one with the first, you pretty much have the closest thing you can get to an all inclusive Batman story. My only gripe
Spoiler:
It took a lot of guts to kill off as many major characters as they did. Granted Ras and Talia can just be taken to a Lazarus pit, but didn't seem like there was anyone left from the League to do such. Joker kind of shocked me, but I am guessing the voice message that plays over the credits is to suggest he is still alive?
Overall a fun experience, and I only completed the storyline aspect, still got a lot of other stuff to take care of in spare time.
In an interview in PTOM (I forget which issue), the producer of this game states that
Spoiler:
the Joker is definitely dead. But he does add "at least when last we saw him" to his statement. I'm guessing the Joker was in a coma and the bit of the serum he was able to drink will allow him to slowly recover.

Oh and if you finish Game+ you hear Harley singing rock-a-bye-baby. That's because prior to the finale, if you look at the floor next to her Arkham Asylum costume, you'll see a pregnancy test that's positive.

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-13-12 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-10-12, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

I've got a question about getting all the "Trophies & Side Quests". I'm nearing the end of the game (getting ready to confront Joker before he takes Talia). Does it matter doing them before or after the final? I'm showing one or two side missions not complete and still have quite few trophies to get.
Old 02-10-12, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I've got a question about getting all the "Trophies & Side Quests". I'm nearing the end of the game (getting ready to confront Joker before he takes Talia). Does it matter doing them before or after the final? I'm showing one or two side missions not complete and still have quite few trophies to get.

You can go back and do them after the main campaign is over. Its just like the first game.
Old 02-11-12, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I finished the storyline today and once again hats off to those who made it. I took a chance with Batman:AA not really caring for those types of games and had a good time with it. It exceeded my expectations and got hooked. This one expanded that in many places and was epic compared to the first. Much like the first Transformers movie compared to the latest. One has to wonder what's next. Without giving anything away I can say it had a somewhat "sad" ending. How anyone cannot have this game in the Top 3 of 2011 is beyond me. Thanks to those for the tips of where I was stuck.
Old 02-13-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-15-12, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just a question on the DLC offers. I went ahead and picked up the Robin pack. How is the Nightwing pack compared to Robin?
Old 04-04-12, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Just a question on the DLC offers. I went ahead and picked up the Robin pack. How is the Nightwing pack compared to Robin?
I realized this is a couple of months old, but since I just finished off my 100% platinum in this game I figured I'd give it an answer.

The Nightwing and Robin packs are quite similar. Robin fights like Batman, while Nightwing is closer to Catwoman. He's faster than Robin and Batman, doesn't have the ability to glide, but does have a pounce move.

And while Robin's gadgets are mostly a rehash of Batman's, Nightwing has a more unique set. If you enjoy the combat and predator missions, and want more of them, then pick up the DLC. Nightwing takes a little getting used to, but he's fun to play with once you do.
Old 04-23-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Batman: Arkham City The Game of the Year Edition includes:

o Full Game with all Updates
o All new DLC (Harley Quinn's Revenge)
o All previously released DLC packs
o Movie Download: Batman Year One (USA and Canada only)

Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC will be available separately

May 29/30
Old 04-23-12, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

I got this game on sale from Steam so the only thing that interests me is Harley Quinn's Revenge.

That said, though not a deal breaker, I really wish they'd gotten Arleen Sorkin back as Harley. I usually like Tara Strong but didn't care for her Harley Quinn one bit.
Old 04-23-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Any body know if there will be a DLC combo pack? for those who already own the game and the catwoman DLC.
Old 04-23-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

that's a very tempting GOTY buy for me.
Old 04-23-12, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus...

Old 04-23-12, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My concern is whether or not the GOTY edition will make use of our vanilla edition save. Arkham Aslyum didn't do that which was really really frustrating. Had no desire to start all over and re-unlock everything.
Old 04-23-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 306 Likes on 209 Posts

I was waiting this title out for the GOTY edition, so I'll definitely be picking that up. That cover is awful though.
Old 04-23-12, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Jesus...
Not Jesus.

Batman!
Old 04-23-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard
My concern is whether or not the GOTY edition will make use of our vanilla edition save. Arkham Aslyum didn't do that which was really really frustrating. Had no desire to start all over and re-unlock everything.
But you could earn a second set of acheivements/trophies for the same game!
Old 04-23-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TLwizard
It will work with your current save. Arkham Asylum had to be recoded in a number of ways due to the addition of 3D in its GOTY edition, so it was essentially a completely different game (this is why it also had a separate achievement/trophy list). That's not the case here.

Basically what we're getting this time is the same game disc with an added GOTY/DLC disc and a brand new quote-tastic cover.
Old 04-23-12, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This helps take away the pain of missing out on the BB sale a few weeks ago.
Old 04-23-12, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Jesus...

Classy.

On the trailer they put up a quote of "Game Of The Year!" - Metacritic. I had to go check and sure enough, the PS3 version of Batman : AC beat out the 360 version of Skyrim by a few decimal points. I have no idea how that happened. I never saw one review site that gave AC their GOTY award. I demand a recount!
Old 04-23-12, 04:26 PM

It will work with your current save. Arkham Asylum had to be recoded in a number of ways due to the addition of 3D in its GOTY edition, so it was essentially a completely different game (this is why it also had a separate achievement/trophy list). That's not the case here.

Basically what we're getting this time is the same game disc with an added GOTY/DLC disc and a brand new quote-tastic cover.
Thanks! Good to know.
Old 04-23-12, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. I might have to pick this up once it gets cheap enough.
Old 04-23-12, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the game title was "10 out of 10"
Old 04-23-12, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

Since this is now near the front again, another question: I beat the game's story mode, now I want to do the side missions. However, it appears I cannot go forward as Batman until I complete a Catwoman mission. I have her at the museum and cannot figure out how to get her across the water. Any suggestions?
Old 04-23-12, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think they can fit more shit on that box cover if they try. Fucking slackers

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.