Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Ultimate Pinball Thread

Most tables you can figure out by simply hitting whatever is flashing. From there you should be able to figure out how to start missions, lock your ball, etc.
Old 11-15-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I think it was by quite a lot. Now I know you did it shortly after buying the game, I dislike you like that kid in the Wizard.

That kid still thinks he's better than me.
Initially it was only by 100k. I then played some more, got 79 million, and claimed Pinball King on my current FL.

I do like how Chuck has the highest Wizard Score despite not knoing what he's up to.
Old 11-15-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also any word on tournaments?
Old 11-15-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

That's great news about the Marvel tables. Of course I'll be buying those.

I read on the Zen forum that the currently PSN-exclusive tables Mars and Paranormal will be coming to FX2. I already have Mars (and like it), but I'm glad I held off on Paranormal. That table looks pretty good.
Old 11-15-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Also any word on tournaments?
That seems to be the biggest mystery. I would love to be able to set up tournaments with people on my FL, but it seems that they will not be that.
Old 11-15-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by flashburn
Oh shit, next month!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/15/ma...n-in-december/

Awesome that on XBLA it will just come in the form as 4 new tables for Pinball FX2.

Then there is this awesome little tidbit of info:
Old 11-15-10, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.marvelpinball.com/

trailer is up
Old 11-15-10, 09:41 AM

Those are pretty fantasy-heavy tables. I'll still get them, but I prefer tables that are plausible as real world tables. I assume they'll be $10 for the set.
Old 11-15-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
I read on the Zen forum that the currently PSN-exclusive tables Mars and Paranormal will be coming to FX2. I already have Mars (and like it), but I'm glad I held off on Paranormal. That table looks pretty good.
Son of a bitch, of course I just bought Zen Pinball like a week ago. Bah, I'll probably just re-buy any tables that also are released for FX2.

One thing I've noticed with Zen Pinball is that the physics seem "off", much more floaty than real life or FX2.
Old 11-15-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

I hope Zen do a Incredible Hulk and the Mighty Thor tables down the road.
Old 11-15-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Those are pretty fantasy-heavy tables. I'll still get them, but I prefer tables that are plausible as real world tables. I assume they'll be $10 for the set.
After watching the trailer I have to agree. I could definitely do without characters jumping all around the table like that. I'd be okay with it if at least one or two of the tables were more realistic. But as you said, I'll get them regardless.
Old 11-15-10, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by dom56
I hope Zen do a Incredible Hulk and the Mighty Thor tables down the road.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Thor and a Captain America next year with the movies coming out.
Old 11-15-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Thor and a Captain America next year with the movies coming out.
There's a survey up on that page with the trailer asking which table would people like to see next, between Captain America, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Ghost Rider.
Old 11-15-10, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I voted for Captain America, seemed like it would be a good fit. Not that Hulk wouldn't also be a good choice (destroying stuff using the ball could be cool), it's also in the lead with Captain right behind it.
Old 11-15-10, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, Thor is probably a no-brainer with the movie coming out, I'm sure they will do a tie-in.
Old 11-15-10, 10:17 AM

I don't mind that these aren't going to be the most realistic tables. For the most part it looks like most of the animated things are going to be off to the side, other than the Green Goblin stuff in the Spider-Man table. Looking at the article on joystiq, I have to say even if I hadn't been planning on buying these, I'd consider buying them just based on how great the table art looks
Old 11-15-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Not a huge Marvel fan but will probably pick all the tables up anyway.

Really love this idea though. Hope it's successful enough for Zen to start picking up other licenses. Would give my left nut for a Lucasfilm pack with all the Star Wars and Indy tables. I'd probably give my right one for Terminator 2 and Guns N' Roses pinball, too.
Old 11-15-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Thank you for posting this. I actually bought a $20 PSN card on Friday to get these tables but never got around to buying them over the weekend. I will definitely wait for them to come to Live now.

I love the Marvel tables. Can't wait for those. I voted for Hulk but after thinking about it, a Ghost Rider table would be pretty damn cool and the motorcycle theme would lend itself to pinball well.

If any of you guys that are playing and posting on here regularly that don't have me as a friend, send me a request or I may send you one if i notice I am missing you. I love have the score comparisons and the challenge to beat them. (Liver and Matty - I just sent you a friend request)
Old 11-15-10, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Son of a bitch, of course I just bought Zen Pinball like a week ago. Bah, I'll probably just re-buy any tables that also are released for FX2.
Now, neither Mars nor Paranormal are included with the core Zen Pinball game. Those four tables (Tesla, El Dorado, Shaman and whatever their car race table is) are PSN exclusive and as far as I know will remain so. Mars and Paranormal are Zen Pinball-exclusive DLC tables currently, but will apparently be coming to FX2 as well. Excalibur, Earth Defense and Street Fighter II are available for both Zen Pinball and FX2. The only other PSN-exclusive table is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and since that game isn't on Xbox (in the Sigma form anyway), I wouldn't expect that table to cross over to FX2.
Old 11-15-10, 11:16 AM

Strange that Zen decided to release Marvel Pinball as FX2 DLC but as a stand-alone game on PSN rather than Zen Pinball DLC. Wonder why they made that choice.
In any case, it'll be an XBLA purchase for me.

From Joystiq's Gallery:
Spoiler:

That Wolverine table looks way too busy for it's own good. Love the Spider-Man artwork, though
Old 11-15-10, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Now, neither Mars nor Paranormal are included with the core Zen Pinball game. Those four tables (Tesla, El Dorado, Shaman and whatever their car race table is) are PSN exclusive and as far as I know will remain so. Mars and Paranormal are Zen Pinball-exclusive DLC tables currently, but will apparently be coming to FX2 as well. Excalibur, Earth Defense and Street Fighter II are available for both Zen Pinball and FX2. The only other PSN-exclusive table is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and since that game isn't on Xbox (in the Sigma form anyway), I wouldn't expect that table to cross over to FX2.
Any time frame on when those tables are coming over to Live?

I still haven't purchased the Ninja Gaiden table but it is tough for me to buy anything for my PS3 since it usually only gets turned on to play a BD. It's hard to justify the purchase.
Old 11-15-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really hope they get some DC licensing and do some DC tables as well.

I will absolutely buy the Marvel ones.

Now I want some recreated tables. Give me Theater of Magic and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Old 11-15-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Thank you for posting this. I actually bought a $20 PSN card on Friday to get these tables but never got around to buying them over the weekend. I will definitely wait for them to come to Live now.

I love the Marvel tables. Can't wait for those. I voted for Hulk but after thinking about it, a Ghost Rider table would be pretty damn cool and the motorcycle theme would lend itself to pinball well.

If any of you guys that are playing and posting on here regularly that don't have me as a friend, send me a request or I may send you one if i notice I am missing you. I love have the score comparisons and the challenge to beat them. (Liver and Matty - I just sent you a friend request)
I think I'll decline since i had had you on my FL previously, only to have been trimmed and now re-added. Wreaks havoc on a man's feelings.
Old 11-15-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Those look awesome to me, it'll probably renew my interest in Pinball FX.
Old 11-15-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Those look awesome to me, it'll probably renew my interest in Pinball FX.
PFX2 should renew your interest.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.