Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official God Of War III thread of deserving a 10 not bias journalism

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official God Of War III thread of deserving a 10 not bias journalism

Originally Posted by chess
Since I'm committed to not buy this game until I finish the GoW collection, I played GoW today. I forgot how aggravating that game was. Walking on beams with bad camera angles, climbing those fucking pillars in Hades, and one of the cheapest final bosses ever adds up to a lot cursing.

My memory is that GoW II is a lot better. I sure hope I'm right.
I'm playing through GOW II right now and it is miles above the first one (this is my first time playing these games). I can see how the first one was wildly popular when it first came out, but it has not aged well. I almost gave up halfway through.

My sealed copy of GOW III has been taunting me all week. I was supposed to have finished the collection by Tuesday!
Old 03-20-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
You guys are using RS to dash in those flying sections, right? I didn't fail any of them.
D'oh!
Old 03-20-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only played about an hour last night, but I'm loving the screen placement of the buttons for the QTE. I easily messed up at least once per battle during my playthru of the Collection, but didn't mess up once in the various battles last night.
Old 03-20-10, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FatTony
I'm playing through GOW II right now and it is miles above the first one (this is my first time playing these games). I can see how the first one was wildly popular when it first came out, but it has not aged well. I almost gave up halfway through.

My sealed copy of GOW III has been taunting me all week. I was supposed to have finished the collection by Tuesday!
Yep, I went straight from the first the second game this morning, and let me just say, HOLY CRAP is GOW II a great game! I just played through it once back in the day, and I'd honestly forgotten how much better it is than the first game...probably because I didn't play them back to back the first time.

Everything looks and feels terrific, the use of rumble for impact is spot-on, the first couple hours are positively epic, and the little tweaks to the controls (especially the swing mechanic) are great.
Old 03-20-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread this morning...though it kind of fit.

I know everybody's seen this by now, but am I the only one who sings it this way during the game?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3K7RSw_8wU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3K7RSw_8wU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-20-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since I'm committed to not buy this game until I finish the GoW collection, I played GoW today. I forgot how aggravating that game was. Walking on beams with bad camera angles, climbing those fucking pillars in Hades, and one of the cheapest final bosses ever adds up to a lot cursing.

My memory is that GoW II is a lot better. I sure hope I'm right.
The pillars in Hades were annoying but the worst part of GOW I was kicking that box across the floor of spikes in enough time to double jump up before the spikes raised.

I swear I thought it was just impossible to do.
Old 03-20-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God I just fucking suck at this game... I cant get past
Spoiler:
Hades and his shadow dogs..Ive done it about a million goddamned times now and its really starting to frustrate me
Old 03-20-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

finally beat the game earlier! overall, i was very satisfied w/ the game but i have to say that

Spoiler:
the flying part after the scorpion fight SUCKED!!! i struggled on that for so long! After that though, the rest was pretty easy.... Even the fight w/ Zeus wasnt that hard at all
Old 03-20-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Drav3n
finally beat the game earlier! overall, i was very satisfied w/ the game but i have to say that

Spoiler:
the flying part after the scorpion fight SUCKED!!! i struggled on that for so long! After that though, the rest was pretty easy.... Even the fight w/ Zeus wasnt that hard at all
And that was the part that I had talked about.. So difficult for me
Old 03-20-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished the game early today. Awesome game and I think it was much better than the first two. It's been a long since I pre-ordered a game and finished it right away.

Originally Posted by Drav3n

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by glassdragon
And that was the part that I had talked about.. So difficult for me
Spoiler:
That second flying sequence is a pain in the ass part and it took me tons of tries to finally beat it. I don't know what I hated more, the Rockband/Guitar Hero sequence or the second flying sequence.

I also enjoyed all of the bosses fights with the exception of one, the Scorpion battle. The Hercules one was my favorite.
Old 03-20-10, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
That second flying sequence is a pain in the ass part and it took me tons of tries to finally beat it. I don't know what I hated more, the Rockband/Guitar Hero sequence or the second flying sequence.

I also enjoyed all of the bosses fights with the exception of one, the Scorpion battle. The Hercules one was my favorite.
Spoiler:
i hate/suck at rock band/guitar hero and thought that part was easy lol

my favorite fight was cronos...i hated the scoprion fight!
Old 03-20-10, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
The pillars in Hades were annoying but the worst part of GOW I was kicking that box across the floor of spikes in enough time to double jump up before the spikes raised.

Agreed...huge PITA.
Old 03-20-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone here beaten the game in Titan mode? Holy hell!!!
Old 03-20-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread this morning...though it kind of fit.

I know everybody's seen this by now, but am I the only one who sings it this way during the game?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3K7RSw_8wU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3K7RSw_8wU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
It's so obvious! How did I miss it?
Old 03-20-10, 10:43 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow

I replayed GoW and GoW II in preparation for III, and when I got to that part, I did it at least 50 times, then gave up and moved on to II instead. That part is utter bullshit.
Old 03-20-10, 10:46 PM

Location: ____St. Louis___ a.k.a. 'Roid Rage in fantasy sports

Phantom of Chaos skins:
TBRM-G6BJ-86RL
4AD7-78B4-EFGG
RBKT-GABF-D332
Old 03-20-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts

I never had a problem with the pillars. Not even in God Mode. Did they make it harder in Collection?
Old 03-20-10, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brkhrt7
Phantom of Chaos skins:
TBRM-G6BJ-86RL
4AD7-78B4-EFGG
RBKT-GABF-D332
Thanks but the codes were all taken.

If anybody has extra skins codes that wouldn't mind giving away, I'll take them from you.
Old 03-20-10, 11:48 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

climbing those fucking pillars in Hades
Borrowing from A Christmas Story, I wove a tapestry of profanity which to this day is still hovering somewhere over Lake Michigan during that part.
Old 03-21-10, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Thanks but the codes were all taken.

If anybody has extra skins codes that wouldn't mind giving away, I'll take them from you.
4AD7-78B4-EFGG just worked for me. I think you went to the wrong site though. You can't redeem these at the PSN store. You have to go to http://www.godofwar.com/skins

Also, you can only redeem one of these special skins per PSN account, however if you have multiple accounts you can redeem through there, then they send the code to you which can then be redeemed on your main account. Very inefficient process, mind you.

By the way, thanks so much brkhrt7!
Old 03-21-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I never had a problem with the pillars. Not even in God Mode. Did they make it harder in Collection?
I assume they are the same from mode to mode and only the combat gets harder...and no, I think they are the same. It's one of those things that if you do it very deliberately, it's not that tough at all, but it's super aggrevating when you get near the top and go all the way to the bottom just because your fingernail got within 6 inches of a blade. Then you get aggravated and tend to rush...and it's all downhill from there.

Originally Posted by MrX
Borrowing from A Christmas Story, I wove a tapestry of profanity which to this day is still hovering somewhere over Lake Michigan during that part.
This didn't happen for me until I got to Ares...where they switch you to not just a different weapon, but a different TYPE of weapon for the final boss and then spam you with super cheap unblockable attacks. WTF????

Then those cocksuckers ask you if you want to switch to easy mode.

If GOW weren't on the same disk as GOW II, that shit would be on ebay right now.
Old 03-21-10, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a whole lot of bruised labias in this thread right now.
Old 03-21-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TLwizard
4AD7-78B4-EFGG just worked for me. I think you went to the wrong site though. You can't redeem these at the PSN store. You have to go to http://www.godofwar.com/skins

Also, you can only redeem one of these special skins per PSN account, however if you have multiple accounts you can redeem through there, then they send the code to you which can then be redeemed on your main account. Very inefficient process, mind you.

By the way, thanks so much brkhrt7!
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that and went to the PSN store. However, when I saw your post, all of the codes have been taken.
Old 03-21-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went back to playing GoW II after finishing the third one and I think that was a mistake in terms of graphic and gameplay. I became so used to the combat grappling that I was doing it on II.

I think the first one has some really cheap challenges. The pillar was annoying but I think for me, the most pain in the ass moment had to be the box in the room full of spikes. I don't know how I got through the level but it took me a long time. Also in the list were the spinning log blades on Hades when trying to collect all of the chests and the underwater sequence with the moving platform.
Old 03-21-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, I love the GoW Trilogy soundtrack and I think I have found my new ringtone: "Rage of Sparta".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.