Borderlands

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Borderlands

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yes, so I can request vacation for that day.
Why not request the Wednesday after release because A) You'll have all night and all day to play it, and B) Wednesdays suck anyways.
Old 08-11-10, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

This should have a good amount of humor. I wonder if the claptrap-modded enemies will have dialogue.
Old 08-11-10, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Over at Teamxbox ,they have this story on it...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/22909/...ot-Revolution/
Old 08-11-10, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Guess it is time to get back into Borderlands.
Old 08-19-10, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bought Borderlands + ALL DLC yesterday for $7.65 (4 Pack) from Steam.

Tried just a couple of missions (really hard to stop playing) and it looks gorgeous in my PC. And yeah, I already have everything in my Xbox too.
Old 08-20-10, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, after a few thousand rounds of ammo and a few dozen deaths, the wife and I finally put down the Crawmerax. Burn in hell you ugly bastard.

Now bring on the Claptraps!
Old 08-20-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by atxbomber
Well, after a few thousand rounds of ammo and a few dozen deaths, the wife and I finally put down the Crawmerax. Burn in hell you ugly bastard.

Now bring on the Claptraps!
Which charcters were ya'll using and did you park yourself over at the edge of the cliff?
Old 08-20-10, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

anyone want to help me take on Craw sometime? I still haven't tackled him yet.
Old 08-21-10, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS3?

I can help ya, add me, psn on sig
Old 08-21-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 08-21-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm on tonight, though I imagine my character may be two low to really help. (52 soldier I think)
Old 08-21-10, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What the heck...I'll be on later though I have no idea what I'll end up playing so as they say, "the more the merrier".
Old 08-21-10, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What level you need to be?
Old 08-21-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've read everyone needs to be 61, but I don't know, I've never done it before. I'll probably be on in an hour or so if anyone wants to make a go at it.
Old 08-22-10, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That was fun guys. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-22-10, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You're welcome. My allowing you guys to revive me over and over really helped gain you some XP.
Old 08-22-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea a good time last night. Don't get four players at once to often so it makes th fun factor a bit more enjoyable. I need to take a look at my missions again to see what I'm missing which is allot. I know I haven't done much on the 2nd playthru in Zombieland with 2 characters and still need to complete several odds 7 ends with all four in Knoxx. I think me and Mark will be on tonight and he said he'll check his to, especially "The Cirlce" in Knoxx.
Old 08-22-10, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you guys get Circle to go last night? I just did it on playthrough 1 this morning. The only thing I think I have left is killing 100 midgets for the last raid on Knoxx and the big braaaiiiins quests in Zombie.
Old 08-22-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by starman9000
Did you guys get Circle to go last night? I just did it on playthrough 1 this morning. The only thing I think I have left is killing 100 midgets for the last raid on Knoxx and the big braaaiiiins quests in Zombie.
No I couldn't get it since my character (Hunter) has already done it. But Mark said he was showing his Hunter has only done two rounds; the New Recruit and Cadet. We ended up backing out and Mark hosted to get the "Local Trouble" one but we still have to finish it...Skags & Midgets left.

The best bet is see where (1st or 2nd) playthru on the circle where everyone stands and take three or four us and just knock it out. It's chore at 2nd even with two people.
Old 08-23-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So I got this for the $10 steam special last week, and am enjoying it ... but maybe someone can give me some advice?

When should I do the zombie expansion? I'm level 17 hunter now, and when I go to the island, I see I can kill the zombies. I thought I read somewhere that they scale to my level, but would it make sense to do the missions later, so I get better rewards?

I'm still having a really hard time figuring out which weapons are best to be using. Obviously I am using a sniper gun, but just comparing 2 weapons seems like a pain, and it is still never obvious which one is better. Is there a trick to it?
Old 08-23-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easiest way to compare weapons is when the new one is still on the ground. Just hover over it and you can see its stats pop up and on the right side of the screen are the stats of the weapon you currently have equipped. If you like it, you can hold down the "pick up" button (not sure what that is on the PC) and auto-equip it. If you want to get more in-depth, you need to use the inventory screen.

Shouldn't matter when you to Zombie Island. It isn't know for its loot anyway.
Old 08-23-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joeblow69
So I got this for the $10 steam special last week, and am enjoying it ... but maybe someone can give me some advice?

When should I do the zombie expansion? I'm level 17 hunter now, and when I go to the island, I see I can kill the zombies. I thought I read somewhere that they scale to my level, but would it make sense to do the missions later, so I get better rewards?

I'm still having a really hard time figuring out which weapons are best to be using. Obviously I am using a sniper gun, but just comparing 2 weapons seems like a pain, and it is still never obvious which one is better. Is there a trick to it?

Well congrads on getting it and I'm sure you'll have a good time as we've all had.

As to the "Zombieland" pack you've got a ways to go before getting into that. you're half right as to adopting to your Level b ut when you pull up your missions you'll clearly see what Level those missions are at and will tell you ok or average or impossible. trust me, you don't want to get even close to "Zombieland' at that level much less Level 27.

Just continue on your normal missions building up your Hunter and gaining "Points". While most tend to associate the Hunter with the sniper rifle don't underestimate his Pistol Abilities. He has some strong Pistol Mods later on with high fire rates and ammo regen. As to weapons early on any of the "FIRE" ones are your best friend including the sniper ones. And one more bit advice....max out your "Bloodwing"...he's your best friend.
Old 08-27-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I finally figured out that Borderlands is the perfect mix of mindless action with a false sense of accomplishment to keep me playing. Even with countless other games in my backlog, when I sit at my computer with nothing to do, I'll think to myself something like "let me just finish off those Dahl Headlands missions real quick" or "let me just get the Middle of Nowhere bounty board up and running". Then before I know it, I've got another character finished with 2 playthroughs.

Speaking of characters, my current sort of fell into being an Alien gun only character. She kept finding them, and they work well with Lilith's Spark and High Velocity skills so I'm using them exclusively now. They don't let me go toe-to-toe against Lancers or Drifters in Knoxx yet, but between them and my action skill I make pretty short work against most enemies.

Ouch! When this jetpack crimson lance fell from 30 feet up and landed here, it was too perfect not to take a screen shot. (note my t0ta11y 1337 muscleman armor!)

And it took a while to get the Eridian logo to show up as my favorite brand over Maliwan (you did know they showed your character's "favorite" brand of gun behind their portrait on the character screen, didn't you?). Note I've now got a 72% cooldown reduction. With something like the Eridian Thunder Storm (alien shotgun) I can now fire two shots, duck or cover for a moment, and fire two more. It's like firing a 2 chambered Masher Revolver- only with shock damage added !!!! The key is to not let the charge get completely drained - because then there's a lag before it started charging up again.
Old 08-28-10, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good shots...I think we've all seen some pretty funny moments in the game. I know I have to fill a scrapbook. And "Good Shootin' Tex" with the Eridian weapon. That's another "I need to work on" moment for one of my characters which will be either Brick or the Soldier though Siren might be fun to.
Old 08-28-10, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I took on Gen. Knoxx with my character last night at level 58. It took forever.
Spoiler:
He's pretty much resistant to elemental attacks so neither my alien guns or my phasewalk did much damage to him. Then even though I took the Medic Lancers out as quick as I could when they showed up, Knoxx still managed to get back to full health. At one point I tried equipping a powerful bladed revolver from my backpack, to do triple melee damage coming out of phasewalk and get some direct damage at him- but it was pretty much just as slow as anything else I threw at him.

Originally Posted by K&AJones
That's another "I need to work on" moment for one of my characters which will be either Brick or the Soldier though Siren might be fun to.
I've gotten 3 of the 4 characters to level 61 in Knoxx, and finished playthrough 1 with Brick. So, I've been trying to see if the alien weapons I'd been ignoring up until now are any good with the proficiency up (and how long it takes to be good). My assessment is you're pretty much at the mercy of the game's drops- especially for someone like me who plays single player.

I messed around for a bit with a soldier and alien weapons before. He's got the skill that increases magazine size which works with alien weapons too. It was pretty nice, with a mod I was getting almost 200% larger charge. So if I could normally fire 3 shots with an alien weapon, I could fire 9 before depleting the charge. The problem is when you put the weapon away empty and let it recharge- it only recharges to its 'normal' charge, and doesn't start supercharging until you actually have it equipped in your hands. So at the start of a fight you're firing 9 or 10 shots, as the fight goes on you're only firing 3 or 4 as you switch weapons around.

Mordecai has his fast hands skill (affects reload speed) which is supposed to affect alien weapons too, but I haven't play around with that to know how that works.

I don't know any skills of Bricks that might help with alien guns.

Lilith, as I mentioned, has Spark (increased elemental chance), High Velocity (more damage, faster projectiles) and also Intuition (you move faster after a kill) to make up somewhat for the movement speed loss when carrying most alien weapons. So she seemed best suited to try this experiment out on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.