DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Guitar Hero: The One and Only Thread

what's your playlist name pinata?
Old 07-30-09, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My account name is pinata242. I haven't made a list for this game if that's what you're asking.
Old 07-30-09, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Naw, I just sent you an invite. I made the playlist a group list so now you can start adding from the bottom of the list and work your way up.
Old 07-30-09, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Got it.
Old 07-30-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I made it all the way through Rush, I'm passing the rest to you. Gotta get to work.

*edit - Couldn't find:
AFI
Attack! Attack!
Elliot Smith
Gov't Mule
Jeff Beck

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 07-30-09 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-30-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I finished, but I can't reorder the tracks so it's a little hosed up. Couldn't find The Sword song and it seems you couldn't find 6 tracks above Rush. Still 78/85 isn't bad.

<object data="http://static.pplaylist.com/players/mp3player_new_v94.swf" name="flashplayer" id="playerTop" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="400" width="506"><param value="transparent" name="wmode"><param value="#ffffff" name="bgcolor"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"><param value="false" name="allowfullscreen"><param value="baseurl=http://www.playlist.com&enablejs=false&config=site_noautostart&sopath=ppl-94&loginjs=false&autologin=never&movie=http://static.pplaylist.com/players/mp3player_new_v94.swf&javascriptid=playerTop&playlist_id=17371678987&apibaseurl=http://www.playlist.com/api&domain_pre_xspf=http://pl.playlist.com/pl.php?e=1%26playlist=&tracking=true&bgcolor=#ffffff&myheight=400&mywidth=506&wid=si&loc=playlist_gr oup&getcode=&promo=&meebo=&userid=32900880&debug=false" name="flashvars"></object>

Last edited by pinata242; 07-30-09 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-30-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re-ordered and here are YT vids of the rest if you want to add them to the first post:

AFI (partial)
Spoiler:

Attack! Attack!
Spoiler:

Elliot Smith
Spoiler:

Gov't Mule
Spoiler:

Jeff Beck
Spoiler:

The Sword
Spoiler:
Old 07-30-09, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Love the Sword song. Loved Freya (different album) as well so I picked up the full MP3 album on Amazon for $5

Old 07-31-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ddadb94" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ddadb94" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler" ></embed></object>
Old 07-31-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's awesome!

Here's Kotaku's version:
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/g4Q9gZWLPQI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
Old 07-31-09, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cute idea. Certainly looks better than the stock GH character designs. Still not interested.
Old 07-31-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Cute idea. Certainly looks better than the stock GH character designs. Still not interested.
Old 08-04-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guitar Hero 5: Roadie Battle Hands-on
We dive into the Nintendo exclusive Wii-to-DS competitive mode, and it rocks. Find out why GH5 is a must-play on Wii.

In concept Roadie Battle is simple, but it's surprisingly balanced and a downright blast. Two players connect DS units to GH5, and the other two set up what appears to be a classic duel mode (mashed up with Pro Faceoff track layout). After a brief connection – it takes about 25 seconds, but you can play as much as you'd like once downloaded – a DS player is paired with a guitar player each. The DS units are the roadies, and their job is to work for the performer in their corner, be it attacking the other guitarist backstage or repairing damage dealt by the other roadie. For the guitarists the experience will start out simply, having notes flood down the highway in typical Pro Faceoff fashion. Once the roadies start their mischief, however, the chaos will become too much for even the top Guitar Hero players in the world. Shouting begins, strategy is overheard, the mind games start, and the true battle begins.

While the guitarists struggle to play through various attacks on the main TV screen, the real action – and highlight of this mode – is happening on the two DS screens. Each roadie has a simple dual screen display to work off of, consisting of their character, a few actions, and a "switch sides" action button. The roadies control the game with stylus only. When in your own backstage area icons show up on the bottom of the screen based on different band pieces. You've got speakers, the amp, guitar, pyrotechnics, soundboard… everything you'd expect to see behind the curtain during a show. At the start it'll all look fine and dandy, so the first move by each roadie is to tap that "switch sides" button and head over to the other side of the stage. Moving from defense to offense (or the other way around) takes from five to eight seconds or so, all the while the roadie gets a small skit of their silhouette sneaking from left to right on the touch screen.

Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Roadie Battle – minus the fact that it's in the game and so dang addicting – is the amount of polish that went into the mode itself. The DS visuals are crisp and beautiful, having more style and polish than some full-on DS games do. The stage running animations are great, and the amount of subtle action on the screen, effects animations, and tiny sounds really complete the package. When strumming to break the guitar strings during the leftie flip sabotage the DS actually plays crappy notes as you strum, and they sound like a real unplugged electric guitar. Tapping on the locks cause subtle animations as well as a "tick, tick, *snap*" sound, unscrewing things show off nice rotational animation, and turning speakers up to 11 actually amps up the volume on DS. There's a lot of detail in this mode, and it makes playing as a roadie just as fun as strumming on the guitar; an impressive feat, considering people pick up GH for just that reason. Whether you've played previous Guitar Hero games to death or are contemplating picking up your first version now, Roadie Battle is a must-play mode. I had an hour with it and was far from finished when we moved on. Oh yeah, and all tunes – be it the included 86 GH5 tracks, DLC from World Tour or GH5, or even created songs in GH Tunes – can be played in Roadie Battle. It's a huge, huge addition to the GH package.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1010720p1.html
Old 08-04-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's pretty cool.
Old 08-07-09, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice work by the GH folks! Most of GHWT and Smash Hits (and DLC as we'd heard) will export for a fee to GH5 and Band Hero.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1012173p1.html
Old 08-07-09, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hmmm... You say "most", the article says "some". Definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully it is more than "some".
Old 08-07-09, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome! My only request is that I hope you can delete songs individually...

With Harmonix's laziness in regards to patching RB2, this is really big for GH. I hope the losses are as minimal as they were with the RB 1 to 2 conversion.
Old 08-07-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WTF? What exactly is there to patch in RB2 that in any way, shape, or form relates to the exporting of songs?

What exactly is going to use those songs?

That said, this definitely bumps up GH5 on my radar, especially with a quick borrow/rent of SH
Old 08-07-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
WTF? What exactly is there to patch in RB2 that in any way, shape, or form relates to the exporting of songs?

What exactly is going to use those songs?

That said, this definitely bumps up GH5 on my radar, especially with a quick borrow/rent of SH
Stars, stars, and stars. It is a HUGE replayability issue for me. My only issue with the GH series, other than a few terrible charts, has been a collection of cases. This remedies the situation in part while RB has still sat on their hands with a huge, glaring problem with their game that they are well aware of and have chosen not to fix...Stars has been backbone of the game since GH 1. To omit and not address it is nonsense.
Old 08-07-09, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Stars, stars, and stars. It is a HUGE replayability issue for me. My only issue with the GH series, other than a few terrible charts, has been a collection of cases. This remedies the situation in part while RB has still sat on their hands with a huge, glaring problem with their game that they are well aware of and have chosen not to fix...Stars has been backbone of the game since GH 1. To omit and not address it is nonsense.
Maybe you haven't been following. But stars are coming to RB with a patch that should release either this month or next. They wanted to put this patch out earlier this year to address some small things (stars, Lips mics, etc.), but with RBN being developed, they decided to hold off an do one big patch instead. One of the reasons that companies try to stockpile things into large patches is because MS (don't know about Sony) charge after the first patch. It makes sense, as MS people have to go back through an re-certify the game to make sure the patch didn't break anything, and that could take quite a few man-hours.
Old 08-07-09, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Do you have a scoop on that patch or are you guessing? I thought last we heard was to not expect stars anytime soon(from E3).
Old 08-07-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If that is what we heard at E3, "not anytime soon", then it would jive with what Shag's saying about one big patch with RBN. That could effectively turn RB2 into RB3, especially if LEGO exports proper-like.
Old 08-07-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Hmmm... You say "most", the article says "some". Definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully it is more than "some".
Sorry, I was being lazy and didn't give it a good read. But you have to figure it'll be "most" when it's all said and done. Maybe.
Old 08-07-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now, what I personally am hoping for is that they will make the non-Metallica songs available as DLC for Guitar Hero 5. That, and the songs from Band Hero. It would be a nice touch, in addition to the exporting.

If nothing else, it would allow for a wide array of songs to be available for download. I mean, the company wants to make money. Let the people buy.
Old 08-07-09, 10:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IGN
Guitar Hero 5 will be the first in the franchise to feature forward compatibility of songs from past games. On PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, some of the disc-based songs from Guitar Hero World Tour and Smash Hits will be importable, for a fee, to work with Guitar Hero 5 and the upcoming Band Hero. What's more, currently 152 out of 158 Guitar Hero World Tour downloadable tracks will automatically work with Guitar Hero 5. All of the songs you import will be upgraded to work with the new Guitar Hero 5 features, such as band moments and vocal star power.
Sounds good to me. I actually did download a few tracks for World Tour, so that is very welcome news.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.