Reload this Page >

Question about a video game show from the '90s

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-18-09, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone on here remember a video game show from the mid '90s called Twitch? I don't remember much about it, I'm really not even sure what years it was on, although '96 keeps popping in my head (I would've been 10). From what I remember, it was structured like X-Play, with (I think) different hosts giving game reviews and walk throughs. '96 keeps popping in my head because I remember the host giving a walk through for one of the levels in the game Johnny Mnemonic for the 3DO. I also have no idea what station this show was on, although the station number seemed like it was really high, like 98 or 99, which was weird because my house had cable and the normal channels only went from 2-25 or 30. The only TV in the house I could get the channel on was the one in my mom's room because it had a cable box hooked up to it and could go up to 99 (the other 2 tvs couldn't go past 69 for some reason). If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be great.
Old 06-19-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
Re: Question about a video game show from the '90s

I clicked on this wondering if it might be about Video Power, but I guess not. But cool to see I made a sig!
Old 11-28-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I apologize for reviving this dead thread, but wanted to say I have found this show. For those interested, here's the IMDB link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1744868/

I did have the title correct, It WAS called Twitch. When nothing turned up in Google searches, I began to think that maybe what I was remembering was just part of a much larger show. The entry also says it aired from '95-'97, so my date of '96 was in that time frame. Unfortunately, there's not any other information on it except for the host, which I find strange considering it was the 1st weekly video game review show. If anyone reading this has any further information about this show or remembers when it was on, please share it. It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm so happy that I finally found evidence of this show after looking for it for the better part of this decade, but at the same time I'm kicking myself for not going to IMDB in the first place.
Old 11-29-10, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, I certainly do remember it, and if I had seen this thread earlier I would have said as much. It wasn't just one guy as the host, but several that would each do a segment. I remember a really cute girl as one of the hosts. It was around the mid 90's because they were discussing Saturn and PlayStation games.

I thought I had checked IMDB a while back and didn't see anything about it. It was produced by a company called Intro TV or Intro Television, I believe.
Old 11-30-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, someone else remembers this show. I'm not crazy it seems. Drexl, do you recall what station this was on? I, for the life of me, cannot.
Old 11-30-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wanted to be on Nick Arcade, but the hit detection seemed to be way off.

Why don't they make a Nick Arcade game for Kinnect?
Old 11-30-10, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember this show and that hot female host.

I still have part of the opening punk theme song stuck in my head:
Will you rise, or will you fa-a-all
I wish I could find that song.

Originally Posted by Drexl
It was produced by a company called Intro TV or Intro Television, I believe.
I think Intro Television might also have been the channel it aired on.
Old 11-30-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, Intro Television might have been the channel. I know it wasn't something well-known like TBS. It was something on the outer end of the dial, one of the last channels if not the last. It think it was channel 36 or 37 at a time when that was all we had.
Old 11-30-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't remember twitch but there was a game show from the 90s where it was a set of games players would compete against each other from nes snes games. The winner would wear a velcro vest and run through an obstocle or maze grabbing as many gmes as he can. Anyone remember the name of that show?
Old 11-30-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I don't remember twitch but there was a game show from the 90s where it was a set of games players would compete against each other from nes snes games. The winner would wear a velcro vest and run through an obstocle or maze grabbing as many gmes as he can. Anyone remember the name of that show?
It was mentioned in the second post. Video Power
Old 04-15-17, 02:31 PM

I am so glad I found this! I also remember the show and I want to do what I can to help.
I will look in my box of parents old VCR tapes I know I have at least one full episode on them.
Old 04-15-17, 05:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

Old 09-17-19, 01:03 AM

Another thread resurrection (sorry about that). I have found a couple episodes of this very show and put them up on YouTube. AFAIK, this is the first time this show is ever available on the internet.
I can't post links but they're on my YouTube channel of the same name.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-17-19, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

I never did see the show, but I'm glad that this will give validation to what Alan does: scrolling through old VHS tapes to put things up on youtube.