Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official 'Ratchet & Clank Future : A Crack In Time' Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Official 'Ratchet & Clank Future : A Crack In Time' Thread

Originally Posted by mhg83
Maybe after you finish the game (assuming you're reunited with Clank) the next game you start can be played with Ratchet and Clank together? It would certainly increase the replay value significantly if they let you do that.
That's a great idea. I wonder if the devs are that smart. Have some "out of reach" areas only accessible with Clank on a second play through, could work.
Old 08-30-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

So you'd play through the game searching for Clank when he's on your back the whole time?

I would just hope you obtain some boosted shoes like Jason Flemming does in Shadow Complex so that you can double jump and coast without Clank for this game.
Old 09-05-09, 01:21 AM

Big Guns Trailer
<embed id="mymovie" width="432" height="362" flashvars="playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=4.3&flavor=EmbeddedPlayerVersion&skin=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/skins/gamespot.png&paramsURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6216854%26mode%3Demb edded%26width%3D432%26height%3D362" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

Video Hands On (Clank only)
<embed id="mymovie" width="432" height="362" flashvars="playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=4.3&flavor=EmbeddedPlayerVersion&skin=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/skins/gamespot.png&paramsURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6216783%26mode%3Demb edded%26width%3D432%26height%3D362" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

Last edited by Decker; 09-05-09 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-20-09, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Only a week away! This game will surely be great but I dont think any R & C game will come close to being better than Up Your Arsenal.

1.Up Your Arsenal
2.Going Commando
3.Tools of Destruction
4.Original
5.Deadlocked
6.Size Matters

not rating Secret agent clank since i have yet to play that one.
Old 10-20-09, 06:05 PM

IGN Review is up : 9.0
-sounds GREAT!! Right up my alley.

Tried the demo at Wal Mart today very briefly on my lunch break. It's really gorgeous; much brighter more vibrant color palette than the first game.
Old 10-22-09, 01:57 AM

Well, tried the demo again today and decided that it actually sucks. Not the game, mind you, just the demo. Ask ANY R&C fan what the best part of the game is and they'll say the weapons. Well, here you only get one and it's pretty lame (a sonic gun that's actually some sort of burping lizard). They should have given you a bunch of weapons to go through, but unless I did something wrong, you can't cycle through them on the demo. It does look great though -- great fire effects. In any case, if that demo pops up with the store update today, don't worry if it seems underwhelming -- I'm pretty sure that's the reason why. Of course I didn't play for long : the attached controller and highly placed monitors resulted in me getting a severe neck pain while trying to play.
Old 10-22-09, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the demo releasing today is the Crank demo. And then next week is the Ratchet demo. Or were they doing both demoes (sp?) on the same day? I just know that there's two versions of a demo.
Old 10-22-09, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Should I bite on the GS pre-order exclusive? I guess it's an extra planet to explore - a recreation of Insomnica's offices or something.
Originally Posted by Decker
Now you're pulling a Decker -- getting the two game threads mixed up. The answer to the preorder questions is this : All the different preorder bonuses are just in-game items you'll pick up while playing anyway. No reason to preorder at any special place; it won't affect the game in any real significant way.
I totally pulled a Decker - all I saw was "R&C" in the thread title, and just assumed it was be for the new game, so I'm reposting all this in the proper thread.

That's good to know about he pre-order bonuses - any thing to keep me from stepping into a gamestop. Also, my local Mom&Pop shop will be selling this today.
Old 10-22-09, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Also, my local Mom&Pop shop will be selling this today.
NICE!!! I'm jealous. Let us know what you think of it.
Old 10-23-09, 01:01 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Just got an email from PlayStation Network. Use coupon code RATCHET3 to get $5 Off the new Ratchet & Clank game at Amazon. Expires 11/6/09.

I preordered weeks ago. Dropped an email to Amazon CS. Hopefully they can apply it to my order.
Old 10-23-09, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Just got an email from PlayStation Network. Use coupon code RATCHET3 to get $5 Off the new Ratchet & Clank game at Amazon. Expires 11/6/09.

I preordered weeks ago. Dropped an email to Amazon CS. Hopefully they can apply it to my order.
I sent them an email, too. Just got an email response, and... they gave me the $5! So $38 "out the door" (gold box, sony coupon, eca discount and then minus whatever I sell my preorder code for on ebay) from Amazon for the new R&C! Can't wait!
Old 10-23-09, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Never have I missed my PS3 so much..[/console envy] Maybe I can have one by Christmas....
Old 10-23-09, 09:22 AM

I just sent an email as well to Amazon. We'll see what happens...
Old 10-23-09, 02:32 PM

Got my email back:
Hello,

I'm sorry this $5.00 discount wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $5.00.

I can confirm that we still expect to ship your order by October26. It should be
delivered to you by October 27.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped. If you haven't received a
shipment confirmation by October 27 please contact us again at :
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-23-09, 02:40 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep.. I got that coupon applied to my existing order as well without having to cancel and re-order.

I can't wait to play it.. I really enjoyed Tools of Destruction.
Old 10-23-09, 08:12 PM

Just got the email and they dropped $5 off the price. My total cost is $39 after the $5 coupon, two stacked ECA codes and the Goldbox discount.
Old 10-23-09, 08:14 PM

X-Play gave it a 5 out of 5.

<param name="movie" value="http://g4tv.com/lv3/42233" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://g4tv.com/lv3/42233" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" />

http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/61631/Ratc...n-Time/review/
Old 10-24-09, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So what did everyone think of the demo? I'm a huge fan of the last Ratchet & Clank game, Tools of Destruction, but really didn't care much for the demo for A Crack in Time. I thought the graphics in Tools of Destruction seemed a bit better and just wasn't too blown away by the demo for Crack in Time. Maybe it's because it was like a 2.5 gig demo and it seemed really short (plus, there wasn't even any cutscenes, just sort of threw you in).

There's no question I'm still getting the game day one...but I remember after playing the demo for Tools of Destruction I couldn't wait the couple of weeks until that one came out but was really kinda of a letdown. Definitely not judging the game based off the demo...just saying.
Old 10-24-09, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you watch the review the post before yours? I don't think the graphics are a problem at all.
Old 10-25-09, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Playing through Tools of destruction has reminded me yet again the Clank levels suck big time. I'm hoping there's not too many Clank only levels as they are completely frustrating and boring. And if they do have a lot of Clank only levels, please give him some mini weapons to use!
Old 10-25-09, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83
Playing through Tools of destruction has reminded me yet again the Clank levels suck big time. I'm hoping there's not too many Clank only levels as they are completely frustrating and boring. And if they do have a lot of Clank only levels, please give him some mini weapons to use!
Have you tried the demo? It's a Clank level. The gameplay with the recording and playback of "past selves" has the potential to be pretty compelling for puzzle solving. You can triple boost and glide after jumps. You have "time bombs" that slow down enemies, making combat less frustrating and you have a staff that works sort of like Ratchet's wrench to hit enemies, but with a cute twist : instead of smashing objects for bolts, you hit broken objects and they repair themselves for bolts. Is it as much fun as Ratchet levels? No. Still, it's a BIG improvement over any previous Clank based level.
Old 10-25-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Have you tried the demo? It's a Clank level. The gameplay with the recording and playback of "past selves" has the potential to be pretty compelling for puzzle solving. You can triple boost and glide after jumps. You have "time bombs" that slow down enemies, making combat less frustrating and you have a staff that works sort of like Ratchet's wrench to hit enemies, but with a cute twist : instead of smashing objects for bolts, you hit broken objects and they repair themselves for bolts. Is it as much fun as Ratchet levels? No. Still, it's a BIG improvement over any previous Clank based level.
I did not play the demo since i wanna go in fresh. That sounds like an improvement over the previous Clank levels. Now I'm more excited to play it!
Old 10-27-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a heads up for those wanting to get this in town, I price matched it at BestBuy to Wal-Mart's $56.82 this morning.
Old 10-28-09, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by dcprules
So what did everyone think of the demo? I'm a huge fan of the last Ratchet & Clank game, Tools of Destruction, but really didn't care much for the demo for A Crack in Time. I thought the graphics in Tools of Destruction seemed a bit better and just wasn't too blown away by the demo for Crack in Time.
I noticed the low-rez graphics too. If I recall correctly, the demo for Tools also had lackluster graphics.

The good news is, Crack In Time has the full-rez Pixar-like graphics. I've only played 2 hours, but I've been blown away by a few scenes.
Old 10-28-09, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I just really, really hope this is better than Tools. That was one of the bigger disappointments on the PS3 (imo).

Of course part of it was likely the hype (the game played exactly like the last few games, had uninspired levels and only a hint of a story. And the graphics were nowhere near "Pixar quality" as got posted on many sites (tho I can overlook that.)) but I sincerely hope this isn't another rehash. The Time aspect has potential ... but then it did in Blinx too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.