Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-09, 12:40 PM   #101
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 54,369
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

The games themselves are nationwide, the prices vary store to store.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 12:45 PM   #102
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,031
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

This is the last copy at my Target. If I buy it, will their computers ever lower the price for a return/rebuy?
__________________
XBL: pinata242 | PSN: pinata242 | Steam: pinata242
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 12:05 PM   #103
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,031
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

I ended up getting Lips for $8.87.

My wife got a raincheck on a Dyson vacuum a few weeks ago which amounted to 21% off. We were waiting for another 10% coupon from the Target Visa we use and that came in Monday. I called a Target near my daughters' Gymnastics in central Tulsa to check stock for the Dyson and went there.

Previously I had purchased the last Lips for $24.98 at my local Target, but never opened it. I printed off a UPC to check the price whenever I'd go in, hoping the price would drop - no luck.

This other Target, however, showed $12.48 on the display so I went back out to the van for the return/rebuy + 10% off (expecting $11.23).

Well, the cashier applied the 21% off raincheck to the game as well as the vacuum, meaning I got Lips for $12.48 * 0.79 * 0.9 = $8.87.

Just thought I'd share as I didn't know rainchecks worked like that. I figured it would be tied to the specific item. I know I lucked out.
__________________
XBL: pinata242 | PSN: pinata242 | Steam: pinata242
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 01:52 PM   #104
Spicollidriver1
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 5,949
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
I ended up getting Lips for $8.87.

My wife got a raincheck on a Dyson vacuum a few weeks ago which amounted to 21% off. We were waiting for another 10% coupon from the Target Visa we use and that came in Monday. I called a Target near my daughters' Gymnastics in central Tulsa to check stock for the Dyson and went there.

Previously I had purchased the last Lips for $24.98 at my local Target, but never opened it. I printed off a UPC to check the price whenever I'd go in, hoping the price would drop - no luck.

This other Target, however, showed $12.48 on the display so I went back out to the van for the return/rebuy + 10% off (expecting $11.23).

Well, the cashier applied the 21% off raincheck to the game as well as the vacuum, meaning I got Lips for $12.48 * 0.79 * 0.9 = $8.87.

Just thought I'd share as I didn't know rainchecks worked like that. I figured it would be tied to the specific item. I know I lucked out.
Well they don't but you lucked out and it is an easy mistake to make.
__________________
"Foley Is GoOd"
360voice
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 01:59 PM   #105
DVDGamer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 646
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

It is still $24.98 at our local Target, and since it is not compatible with GHWT, I will only consider getting this if it goes down to $12.48. Wonder when that will be....
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 07:49 PM   #106
Spiderbite
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 12,613
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

I was looking for Lips for a friend after I got mine so cheap but the other Targets I have been to range from $25 to $35.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 08:11 PM   #107
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 36,356
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Picked up GT 5 Prologue for $9.98. That's not a YMMV thing, it's that price in every store where it's in stock. The checker was absolutely stunned. Ratchet & Clank Future TOD is $14.98 as well.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 09:45 AM   #108
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,807
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Previously I had purchased the last Lips for $24.98 at my local Target, but never opened it. I printed off a UPC to check the price whenever I'd go in, hoping the price would drop - no luck.
I lucked out the same way. I bought Halo Wars LE a couple of weeks ago for $50 knowing it would drop soon. So I scanned a copy of the bar code and checked it this weekend to find that it dropped down to $19.99! So I took back my copy and explained to the CS rep. She returned it and resold me my copy for $19.99.

They also had NFS Undercover & FEAR 2 for $25 each but I passed on both
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP Playstation ID: Skillz247LP Wii U: Skillz247LP Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 03:40 PM   #109
Mikael79
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Mikael79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA Now, From MN
Posts: 5,755
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Picked up Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (360) today at my local Target for $14.98.
__________________
Xbox One Gamertag: SirMikael79
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 04:09 PM   #110
stupiddimbulb
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Left 4 Dead (first version) 360 for $12.xx today at Costa Mesa Target. Last copy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 04:48 PM   #111
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,031
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupiddimbulb View Post
Left 4 Dead (first version) 360 for $12.xx today at Costa Mesa Target. Last copy.
Wow, I may have to swing by my "other" Target on Wednesday when I'm close as last time I was there they have several copies of this.
__________________
XBL: pinata242 | PSN: pinata242 | Steam: pinata242
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 08:29 PM   #112
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 36,356
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Holy PSP Bargains, Batman!
I picked up Secret Agent Clank for $9.98, a 2-Pack of GRAW 2 & Splinter Cell Essentials for $7.48 and Locoroco 2 for $4.98. Great haul.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 10:42 PM   #113
Spicollidriver1
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 5,949
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

That is a nice pickup
__________________
"Foley Is GoOd"
360voice
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 11:23 PM   #114
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 53,862
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
Picked up Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (360) today at my local Target for $14.98.
Awwwe WTF man?!?! Are you serious? I just got a copy of this in GS's B2G1F deal a few weeks back.

I've yet to see any games that I want on clearance at Target and it's pissing me off.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: Giantrobo
On my 4th 360 as of 3.26.10
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 08:28 AM   #115
orangecrush
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Posts: 13,846
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Holy PSP Bargains, Batman!
I picked up Secret Agent Clank for $9.98, a 2-Pack of GRAW 2 & Splinter Cell Essentials for $7.48 and Locoroco 2 for $4.98. Great haul.
I bought Locoroco 2 @ $14 and thought it was worth every penny. I will keep my eye out for Secret Agent Clank.
__________________
Everyone else is bound to leave, but you.
And they swear their love is real;
They mean, I like the way you make me feel.

gamertag: IAMNOTwiththem
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 08:48 AM   #116
Mikael79
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Mikael79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA Now, From MN
Posts: 5,755
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Awwwe WTF man?!?! Are you serious? I just got a copy of this in GS's B2G1F deal a few weeks back.

I've yet to see any games that I want on clearance at Target and it's pissing me off.
I check almost every Monday, as that's when they usually update their clearance items. It's likely that you have hoarders in your area that buy everything up to sell on Ebay/Craig's List.
__________________
Xbox One Gamertag: SirMikael79
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 08:58 PM   #117
Boba Fett
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,944
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Saw at my local Target the following clearance 360 games:

Riddick: $39
Ninja Blade: $25
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: $12.50 (had to grab a copy at that price)
Afro Samurai: $15

They were all out of the Left 4 Dead which was $25 last time I was there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 01:06 AM   #118
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 53,862
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Saw at my local Target the following clearance 360 games:

Riddick: $39
Ninja Blade: $25
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: $12.50 (had to grab a copy at that price)
Afro Samurai: $15

They were all out of the Left 4 Dead which was $25 last time I was there.
Ninja Blade is now $19 at TRU. I saw this Monday.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: Giantrobo
On my 4th 360 as of 3.26.10
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 01:07 AM   #119
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 53,862
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
I check almost every Monday, as that's when they usually update their clearance items. It's likely that you have hoarders in your area that buy everything up to sell on Ebay/Craig's List.
Oooh ok. Mondays. I didn't know this.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: Giantrobo
On my 4th 360 as of 3.26.10
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 01:15 AM   #120
Wazootyman
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,673
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

The Northgate Seattle Target had about 3 copies of Left 4 Dead at $25 and about 20 copies of GH3 at $7.50
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 08:53 AM   #121
flix1
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Found a couple new PS3 titles on the clearance shelf this week:

PS3 Burnout Paradise (GH) $13.98
PS3 Tomb Raider Underworld $20.98

They had a ton of copies of Burnout, so it might make it down to $7.48 in a few weeks, thought this game is more than worth $14.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 09:18 AM   #122
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 36,356
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

At my other local Target, I bought Scrabble for $7.48. They also had Tiger Woods 09 for the PSP for that price, but I just like Hot Shots Golf 2 too much to get another golf game for the PSP.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 11:53 PM   #123
TimeandTide
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,856
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Thanks for the head's up re: Prince of Persia. Picked one up tonight for $14.98. Been eye-balling this game for awhile, so ecstatic to finally pull the trigger at such a great price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 12:01 AM   #124
jiggawhat
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the Universe.
Posts: 2,922
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Picked up Left 4 Dead for $12.48. I am extremely happy.

Now I need to find people to play the coop with.
__________________
http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=jiggawhat

GAMERTAG: JIGGAWHAT2

Wii Code: 4274 8288 7899 5136
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 05:29 PM   #125
Edison
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Edison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: KS
Posts: 2,167
Re: Target VG Clearance HUGE !!! YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggawhat View Post
Picked up Left 4 Dead for $12.48. I am extremely happy.

Now I need to find people to play the coop with.
Hit me up, I just opened my copy finally and have only completed 'Blood Harvest' so far. I was playing co-op with a coworker and we also did 'Dead Air' but I got dragged out of the airplane by a smoker right before the hatch shut, so I didn't get credited with completing it.
__________________
My Blog | XBOX LIVE : Edison | PSN : edisoncarter | WiiU/Nintendo Network ID : Networkxxiii | Steam ID | 3DS : 2578-3285-6997
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0