Reverse Sheep, a video game message board game

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-17-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Round 2: Reverse Sheep

A short game where you try to out-think other forum posters.

Rules:
  • You want to give the answer that you think will be given least often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a game that has Mario in it", a terrible answer would probably be Super Mario Bros. A good answer would probably be Dr. Mario.
  • You get one point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and ten other people said Super Mario Bros, all eleven of you would get 11 points. No points are given if you are the only person to say an answer.
  • Lowest score wins.
  • No using Google, Gamefaqs, Wikipedia, etc if you don't have to. Try to remain moral in this.
  • Private message me your answers. Do not post them in this thread or tell anyone else.
  • To make it easier for me to score the results, please list your answers one per line and don't number the items.
  • Incorrect answers in reverse sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer.
  • Answers are due by Wednesday, November 19th at 3PM EST.

Remember, you want the answer that you think nobody will give!

Questions:
  1. Name a playable character in Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers.
  2. Name a Nintendo handheld or system that has been announced or released in North America.
  3. Name a weapon or item used in the Mario Kart series.
  4. Name a Final Fantasy game that was released in the US.
  5. Name a console series that used an official NFL or NBA license: teams, league name, players, etc. (Note: Name a specific game only if it's not part of a specific series. Madden 2005 is a wrong answer. "Madden series" is not.)
  6. Name a weapon used in Goldeneye for the N64.
  7. Name a US launch title on a Playstation system or portable.
  8. Name a released movie that is based on a video game.
  9. Name a LucasArts adventure game released between 1986 and 2000.
  10. Name a currently-announced or past Guitar Hero or Rock Band game or expansion. (Track Packs do not count).
  11. Name a Robot Master (boss villain) from the first three Mega Man games on the NES (Example: Snake Man from Mega Man 3).
  12. Name an XBLA or PSN game that has had its own thread on this forum (before today!).
  13. Name a Sonic the Hedgehog game.
  14. Name a US-released game that requires a specific controller or attachment and/or was sold with one.
  15. Name an already-released game developed by Blizzard.

Answers are due by 3PM EST, Wednesday 11/19/2008. All rules stand as decided by Jeremy. PM me for answers, obviously. (I added a day because I didn't realize Jeremy's ran over an entire weekend).

First Thread

Last edited by The Bus; 11-17-08 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Have received & logged answers for:
pinata242
JasonF
MWB
Rattlehead
Old 11-17-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
In.
Old 11-17-08, 07:09 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Since you added a day, you might want to edit the bolded sentence in your first post.
Old 11-17-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Guys, please read the questions carefully. There's no trick questions, just make sure you're answering what I'm asking!

In:
pinata242
JasonF
MWB
Rattlehead
Jeremy517
DVD Josh
Breakfast with Girls
Old 11-17-08, 09:21 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,178 Likes on 833 Posts
PM'ed. Fun topic... even if I lose horribly!
Old 11-17-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in again!
Old 11-17-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In:

pinata242
JasonF
MWB
Rattlehead
Jeremy517
DVD Josh
Breakfast with Girls
Fandango
SomethingMore
Chris D
fumanstan
Old 11-18-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM sent. For some reason #1 and #15 gave me the most troubles.
Old 11-18-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In:

pinata242
JasonF
MWB
Rattlehead
Jeremy517
DVD Josh
Breakfast with Girls
Fandango
SomethingMore
Chris D
fumanstan
nickdawgy
abrg923
redbill
lordzeppelin
orangecrush18
Michael Corvin
Old 11-19-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW - Thanks Bus for starting this thread. Any hope of resurecting the Video Game Draft now that we are a couple of years into this generation?
Old 11-19-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Number 14 is slightly unclear, the more I think about it. There are games that "ship" with a controller in one edition, but are still playable with the regular controller. This definitely affected my answer, as what I wanted to put 'shipped' with a controller, but didn't require it, and could be purchased without it. If the question is literal, and the controller is 'required', then it's a different story, because the rest of the question nullifies it.

For example...and I don't think anyone is using this one since it's the most obvious answer, let's say Guitar Hero. The game doesn't 'require' the guitar controller, it's available without it, and the controller is available separately. There are only a few games that 'require' a specific controller...it's just worded oddly.

Last edited by lordzeppelin; 11-19-08 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Number 14 is slightly unclear, the more I think about it. There are games that "ship" with a controller in one edition, but are still playable with the regular controller. This definitely affected my answer, as what I wanted to put 'shipped' with a controller, but didn't require it, and could be purchased without it. If the question is literal, and the controller is 'required', then it's a different story, because the rest of the question nullifies it.

For example...and I don't think anyone is using this one since it's the most obvious answer, let's say Guitar Hero. The game doesn't 'require' the guitar controller, it's available without it, and the controller is available separately. There are only a few games that 'require' a specific controller...it's just worded oddly.
I think that any game that shipped w/ a non-standard controller or must be played with a non-standard controller would count. You could probably come up with at least 20 different titles if you thought about it for a little while.
Old 11-19-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Yeah, my answer is definitely 'off the beaten' path, on that one.
Old 11-19-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
hmm, I read the "or" as: a game that was sold with a specific controller.
Old 11-19-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The question means two completely different things depending on where you consider the And/Or to break the sentence.

Name a US-released game that (1)requires a specific controller or attachment AND (2)was sold with one (AND = requires both to be true, both 1 and 2 must be true)

Name a US-released game that (1)requires a specific controller or attachment OR (2)was sold with one [a specific controller or attachment]. (OR means only one value must be true, either 1 or 2 must be true)

Thus a game that included a controller/attachment but did not require one is true under the OR.
Old 11-19-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
submitted my answers, but sorry, I missed the bullet point about not numbering the answers.
Old 11-19-08, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by orangecrush18
I think that any game that shipped w/ a non-standard controller or must be played with a non-standard controller would count. You could probably come up with at least 20 different titles if you thought about it for a little while.
I can come up with a ton, the question is whether the game REQUIRES it to be played, as in the guitar hero example. LordWow is on the right path...
Old 11-19-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In.

As for the other question, just answer it. We're not playing for money.

= J

Last edited by Tarantino; 11-19-08 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-19-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rabbit77
submitted my answers, but sorry, I missed the bullet point about not numbering the answers.
Oops, same here. Sorry.
Old 11-19-08, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
As for the other question, just answer it. We're not playing for money.

= J
Oh, I already did, yesterday, before I even posted that thought today...just discussing, you know? Once the answers are revealed, I think it would be cool to discuss the different games and controllers that people put in for it...
Old 11-19-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, I already did, yesterday, before I even posted that thought today...just discussing, you know? Once the answers are revealed, I think it would be cool to discuss the different games and controllers that people put in for it...
I am betting that Pong will receive the most votes
Old 11-19-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can come up with a ton, the question is whether the game REQUIRES it to be played, as in the guitar hero example. LordWow is on the right path...
I always thought most of the rhythm games allowed for play with a traditional controller. Can Guitar hero be played this way?
Old 11-19-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by orangecrush18
I always thought most of the rhythm games allowed for play with a traditional controller. Can Guitar hero be played this way?
Yes.
Old 11-19-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
The question means two completely different things depending on where you consider the And/Or to break the sentence.

Name a US-released game that (1)requires a specific controller or attachment AND (2)was sold with one (AND = requires both to be true, both 1 and 2 must be true)

Name a US-released game that (1)requires a specific controller or attachment OR (2)was sold with one [a specific controller or attachment]. (OR means only one value must be true, either 1 or 2 must be true)
The second is correct, I think.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.