Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official PSN Games Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PSN Games Thread

Old 10-22-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new pixeljunk monsters patch is due out next week (this week in japan.) It will add trophies, difficulty settings as well as patching a few things in the game.

The trophies are not retroactive and so Q Games came up with trophy challenges separate from rainbowing the boards. From the sounds of it, there will be specific trophy maps in which you have to complete certain objectives to get the trophy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...ates-incoming/
Old 10-22-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to the patch.

I have two boards left in Encore that I just can't beat. Even if I have to set to Easy, I'm going to finish those two.

I've also read Prince of Persia (original game updated with new graphics like Bionic Commando) and Penny Arcade will be released tomorrow.
Old 10-22-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Is that the same Prince of Persia that came out for XBLA last year?

Any recent news on that German SMUP?
Old 10-22-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, MS. Now that PSN is starting to release what you already have had out (PoP, PA Ep 1) - maybe it's time to drop the price on those and more titles so I can finally buy them?

Does MS read this thread?
Old 10-22-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Is that the same Prince of Persia that came out for XBLA last year?
Yup.

And just to add salt to the MS pricing wound, pinata242, Penny Arcade is supposed to be priced at $15.
Old 10-22-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, it is and the 2nd episode will be $15 too. I'm hoping they at least drop the first as well.
Old 10-22-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Hey, MS. Now that PSN is starting to release what you already have had out (PoP, PA Ep 1) - maybe it's time to drop the price on those and more titles so I can finally buy them?

Does MS read this thread?
Dear pinata242,

Because we rule the world, we don't have to listen to a word you say. Maybe you should use your PS3 so you can get some personalized customer service since they have, what, like seven users?

So screw off.

Sincerely yours,

Microsoft
Old 10-22-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I hate form letters.
Old 10-23-08, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I downloaded High Velocity Bowling this weekend and played it for a ridiculous number of hours. The online play is fantastic! I went out and bought SOCOM just so I could get the official headset, which I hear will cost $50 anyway, so seemed like a good deal. Being able to talk to your opponents is great.

So far my high score is a 289, with Beatrice using the D ball (the pink one) on the Carl challenge.

I've definitely put way more time into this than the other PSN games I have.

WipEout HD - looks great, but I think may be a bit to challenging for me
Super Stardust HD - haven't played in awhile, was a lot of fun though. I finally got to a point where I was having a really hard time advancing.
Everyday Shooter - cool style
1942 - Meh
Old 10-23-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hate form letters.
I know, right?
Old 10-23-08, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bdshort
I downloaded High Velocity Bowling this weekend and played it for a ridiculous number of hours. The online play is fantastic! I went out and bought SOCOM just so I could get the official headset, which I hear will cost $50 anyway, so seemed like a good deal. Being able to talk to your opponents is great.

So far my high score is a 289, with Beatrice using the D ball (the pink one) on the Carl challenge.

I've definitely put way more time into this than the other PSN games I have.

WipEout HD - looks great, but I think may be a bit to challenging for me
Super Stardust HD - haven't played in awhile, was a lot of fun though. I finally got to a point where I was having a really hard time advancing.
Everyday Shooter - cool style
1942 - Meh
I never thought I'd devote so much time to Bionic Commando... but damn if I didn't get competitive with my ten-year old self that beat this game handily many a year ago. I'm like, "that little fucker could do it, surely I can." The answer is no. No, I can't. That little fucker was a mean side-scrolling Nintendo fiend. I'm pretty much just ready for Animal Crossing at this point.

I still intend to pick up HV Bowling... but I've got to tackle Mega Man 9 first and that arsehole ten-year old that would have beat it in an afternoon.
Old 10-25-08, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Heh, I tried the Bionic Commando demo and sucked royally at it. Couldn't get the hang of the controls I guess! I gave up on it. I think I'll stick with newer style games, and bowling!

Has anyone downloaded Prince of Persia yet?
Old 10-26-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm interested to hear how prince of persia is as well. Although at this point, I've learned to wait on purchases because there's always a sale of some sorts down the line.
Old 10-26-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bdshort
Heh, I tried the Bionic Commando demo and sucked royally at it. Couldn't get the hang of the controls I guess! I gave up on it. I think I'll stick with newer style games, and bowling!

Has anyone downloaded Prince of Persia yet?
I have bionic commando on the the 360 and I love it and hate not unlike Megaman. Man I sure do suck at these game now. At least in Bionic commando I beat a level
Old 11-06-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Psn cards - bad idea

*Already posted this in the PS3 thread but posting here too, just in case*

So, I made a mistake last night. I didn't know it was a mistake at the time though. I bought 2 $20 PSN cards with store credit at Blockbuster. I had to pay tax on the transaction but didn't think too much of it. I then redeemed the card and made a purchase to take advantage of the temporary price drop on Siren. To my 'horror' I was charged tax again. My $40 in PSN cards cost me an extra $3+ in tax.

If purchasing the cards was like purchasing a gift card, then we wouldn't pay tax at the register but tax on the PSN purchase, which I am fine with. However, since they are selling them like Wii Points cards and Microsoft Points cards, you are paying tax upon purchase and then tax on using them which I think is total BS.

If you live in an area with no sales tax or buy the cards from Amazon, then carry on. Otherwise avoid the cards unless they are a gift or you get a really good deal on them.

I also wasted about 20 minutes talking to support at the Playstation store and went two levels up the chain of command. All of it was a complete exercise in futility.
Old 11-06-08, 08:55 AM

If you live in an area with no sales tax or buy the cards from Amazon, then carry on. Otherwise avoid the cards unless they are a gift or you get a really good deal on them.
Where are they available on Amazon? I'm not finding the right search terms...

Edit: Never mind, I found them, but it looks like neither of them ($20 or $50) is currently available. It also looks like there was some issue where the $20 was being sold for $40

Last edited by nemein; 11-06-08 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-06-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe Blockbuster should NOT charge you the TAX. I think that is a mistake on their part.
Old 11-06-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts
That's so weird. I hate that they charge sales tax on what is basically a gift card in the first place. To get hit up with sales tax twice is absurd -- that's one advantage of MS points, at least you can't get charged sales tax twice.

I don't understand the whole sales tax thing here. I don't get charged sales tax on either MS points online or Sony purchases through the PSN store, but I do pay sales tax on a 1600 point card and (I presume) a PSN card. I don't know what triggers the sales tax online to kick in for some and not others.
Old 11-06-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it depends on if the company has what qualifies as a store front operation in your state. I pay tax when I buy Wii points on my Wii directly in Texas but pinata doesn't pay tax in Oklahoma.
Old 11-06-08, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by shumway
I think it depends on if the company has what qualifies as a store front operation in your state. I pay tax when I buy Wii points on my Wii directly in Texas but pinata doesn't pay tax in Oklahoma.
I've heard that theory before, but there's a Sony Style store in Caesar's, so I don't think that's the criteria.
Old 11-06-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Called the Blockbuster back on the phone and they stated that they shouldn't have charged me tax. They will refund the tax there when I go back in with the receipt. I guess we can all go back to buying PSN cards if good deals are offered, etc. I was pretty livid last night.
Old 11-14-08, 09:44 AM

Yesterday, they added both the Pain Movie Studio ($5.99), the Hoff character ($1.99) and the downloadable game Age of Booty ($9.99). Also some outfits for Sackboy in LBP.

I have AoB for XBLA. It's pretty fun, at least in multiplayer. I hope to check out the Movie Studio later this weekend. Will probably pick up The Hoff as well.
Old 11-14-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I thought the Hoff came with the Movie Studio pack. Is that wrong?
Old 11-14-08, 11:00 AM

I thought the Hoff came with the Movie Studio pack. Is that wrong?
Same time, but in true PSN Add-On Content fashion, it is extra.
Old 11-14-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I almost downloaded Jet Moto and Twisted Metal 2, but I was concerned about the fact that it said it didn't allow for co-op play. Is that accurate? Do these games really not allow 2 players gaming? That seems really odd if it's true.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.