Reload this Page >

Official PSN Games Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PSN Games Thread

Old 06-03-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Re: Official PSN Games Thread

You need the full memory space, so I assume it's a one-time download. To get THAT game for $9.99 is the deal of the year. I would have happily paid $39.99 for it on UMD. This is even better.

I wonder if you can transfer your save data back and forth between the PSP and the PS3. It would be great if I can advance the story on both system since it's such a long game.
Old 06-03-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
You need the full memory space, so I assume it's a one-time download. To get THAT game for $9.99 is the deal of the year. I would have happily paid $39.99 for it on UMD. This is even better.

I wonder if you can transfer your save data back and forth between the PSP and the PS3. It would be great if I can advance the story on both system since it's such a long game.
Yes, you can transfer the save data back and forth. Tether your PSP to your PS3 via USB and select USB Connection on PSP. Then, use the Game menu on the PS3's XMB to move around the save files.
Old 06-03-09, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by awil1026
Yes, you can transfer the save data back and forth. Tether your PSP to your PS3 via USB and select USB Connection on PSP. Then, use the Game menu on the PS3's XMB to move around the save files.
That's great to hear. It's a must-buy for me anyway, but this makes it even better. I appreciate the help (especially from a Magic fan, no less )
Old 06-03-09, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
When you transfer it to your PSP, can you do it piece by piece (like the original release was split into multiple discs)? Or do I need to free up 1.32 gigs of space on a memory card?
I had to free up space for it: I hit copy and it transferred the whole thing to my PSP.
Old 06-03-09, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

Dammit. I have enough other games to play, and then FFVII gets released. Well, I guess everything will have to be put on the backburner for a while longer.
Old 06-03-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That's great to hear. It's a must-buy for me anyway, but this makes it even better. I appreciate the help (especially from a Magic fan, no less )
Being able to move your save back and forth was a really nice feature for them to have. I played Suikoden half on the PSP and half on the PS3. Very handy. I only with I could do this with the Wii and DS for NES and SNES games.
Old 06-04-09, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I tell you though...I love the pinball controls on the Wii version. Hands don't get cramped as you can hold them apart and hit the triggers on the nunchuck & wiimote. It feels more like true pinball flippers than any of my pinball games using the PS3/PS2 and 360/Xbox controllers.
The Wii controls for Williams Hall of Fame work really well. Also, there's going to be a PS3/360 version of the Williams game in August, with three additional tables, for those interested.
Old 06-04-09, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shiv Shankly
Also, there's going to be a PS3/360 version of the Williams game in August, with three additional tables, for those interested.
Dammit.
Old 06-04-09, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Wii controls for Williams Hall of Fame work really well. Also, there's going to be a PS3/360 version of the Williams game in August, with three additional tables, for those interested.
Sold
Old 06-04-09, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

Also, there's going to be a PS3/360 version of the Williams game in August, with three additional tables, for those interested.
Yep, I stumbled upon that info when I saw a pre-order on Amazon for it but didn't know about the additional tables. Looks like I will be owning a 360 copy as well now.

Any word on what the additional tables will be?
Old 06-05-09, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought Wolfenstein 3D last night, and am having a lot of fun revisiting the classic. I really hope we get Doom soon.
Old 06-06-09, 05:09 PM

Been playing Trash Panic for a few days and I would certainly recommend it to puzzle fans, although the game certainly has it's share of flaws and frustrations. I'll spend an hour trying to beat a particular level, about ready to throw the controller at the screen, but I'll take a break and will almost inexplicably breeze past it right away because of one little thing you do that ends up altering the entire playing field... Initially, I didn't like that the pieces come in the same order every time you play (they do change depending on what difficulty you're on) but memorization and preparedness does really help in setting up chains and whatnot. Looking at some of the gameplay footage on Youtube (the game has a record and upload feature built in) is amazing when you see how fast they'll blaze through, knowing precisely what's coming and what it'll lead to being able to do or not do as the stage progresses.

The graphics are pretty nice -- I've seen complaints about heavy aliasing, but after the first few minutes, I honestly don't even notice it -- even if there's some heavy slowdown on rare occasions if you get too many little objects moving around when there are other effects happening. My only real issues are with the annoying, repetitive music on a couple of the stages and that there doesn't seem to be online play, only a two player mode on the same system/TV.

For $5, it's one of the best PSN games I've purchased.

~ Trailer
Old 06-06-09, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

thanks Cosmic Bus. I looked for it on PSN the other day and couldn't find it. I assumed it got bumped.
Old 06-07-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

I can't wait to see how Wolfenstein looks on my tv. The last time I played it was on a little 8" computer screen, maybe even smaller. "Achtung" or "Guten Tag" blasting out of the system should be a lot of fun, too.
Old 06-08-09, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finished Wolf3D last night. It is very fun, like you say. It does support surround sound so now you have a great idea where they're coming from.

The only thing I found was that I couldn't play for very long at a time due to the rigidness of the presentation. It's as it always was, but nearly 20 years later, we're used to more natural feeling FPS games.
Old 06-08-09, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

I thought I saw you playing Wolfenstein on the 360. Are you lost?
Old 06-08-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I thought I saw you playing Wolfenstein on the 360. Are you lost?
You are correct. And I'm making the wild assumption that the games are the same.
Old 06-18-09, 12:56 PM
Mok

A big update is coming for Bionic Commando Rearmed, Trophie support will be added plus.

New “Normal” difficulty setting. In this setting, the following changes are made:

* When you die, you respawn at the last solid ground or checkpoint
* The level Albatross B was cut
* The ability to reel out the cable when hanging or swinging to its full length
* If the player swings into a wall, they will no longer disconnect and be thrown away from the wall. Instead, they will keep connected and reel in
* Unlimited lives

Super Joe Machine Gun bug fix:

* When upgraded, the weapon also becomes more powerful in addition to the larger clip
* Fixed for all difficulty levels.

The update will be available real soon
Old 06-18-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Weak sauce on the Normal difficulty. Being able to save was bad enough

I really wish they would revisit a few other games and do the same engine overhaul. BC:R was one of my favorite games to come out in the last 12 months.
Old 06-18-09, 07:47 PM

Some obscure little game called "Metal Gear Solid" is out today on PSN. It's $9.99 and playable on both the PS3 and the PSP.
Old 06-18-09, 10:43 PM

If you buy the new Qore for $2.99, you can go to an area of it and download Spyro for free. Yes, Qore sucks, but you get a very good game by Insomniac that plays on both the PSP and the PS3 for half its usual price. Might be worth picking up.
Old 06-19-09, 03:13 AM

If you buy the new Qore for $2.99, you can go to an area of it and download Spyro for free. Yes, Qore sucks, but you get a very good game by Insomniac that plays on both the PSP and the PS3 for half its usual price. Might be worth picking up.
I'm gonna disagree on the Qore sucking. In general, the material is... interesting. If the material itself were free, I would maybe on occasion check it out.

But! I think the value is outstanding. I spent "$25" (which by buying PSN card deals is really about $20) on the annual subscription. Since then, I have received for free High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Syphon Filter, Spyro the Dragon, plus an Uncharted 2 beta code (which I sold on ebay for $15), among numerous other things.

Big fan. Well worth it. And I still got maybe 7 months left on my subscription, so who knows what other freebies they're gonna throw my way.

Last edited by tlwizard; 06-19-09 at 03:28 AM.
Old 06-19-09, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you can GameShare Qore also....I was thinking about doing that for the free stuff.
Old 06-19-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some obscure little game called "Metal Gear Solid" is out today on PSN. It's $9.99 and playable on both the PS3 and the PSP.
Wow. I didn't even know it was being released.

I can't wait to play it again. I never actually owned a copy since my roommate in college had it.
Old 06-19-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

MGS will be purchased immediately when I get home. I already own the original PSX release as well as Twin Snakes on GCN, but this will be a welcome addition. Will probably finally pick up FFVII as well, since I somehow lost my orignal PSX copy .

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.