Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-14, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by Music
I think it is like the 2nd skill (passive?) you can pick.
Yes, at least one of the early ones. I'm an idiot to the fact that I had it available and never bothered to activate it.

I'm now at level 54 for my Crusader in my Hardcore run. I beat Diablo last night and thanks to my build, I was never in danger of losing my life. However, it was a slow process to beat him because my hits wasn't causing him a lot of damage. I'm now at the beginning of Act V so for Malthael, I'll definitely going to wait until I'm closer to LV. 70 before attempting to beat him. I died countless time going against him during my Softcore run. I don't have that luxury anymore.

Related to that, my Monk is the highest level up character I have in Softcore but I don't enjoy playing him anymore. I'm at Paragon 19 and I have decided to level other characters especially my WD and Crusader. I played him a little bit last night and I feel that the character play mechanics is off in RoS.

Gator and Jason, thanks for your gifts! I got a set amulet from Gator and a legendary belt from Jason.
Decker, I sent you a gift. Hopefully it was a worthwhile legendary.

Hooter, you jumped into my game but it seems that you didn't have a headset and I didn't know what you wanted to do. You are welcome anytime to join me but get a headset so we can communicate. This applies to everyone in this forum, if you see me playing send me an invitation but make sure you have a headset. I found it to be more enjoyable this way.
Old 09-14-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I leveled up my Hardcore Crusader to 61 and freaking got ambushed in a cave and lost him. I had some great gear including the Goldskin armor. So pissed!
Old 09-15-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm totally new to the game (just started Act 2 on normal) and haven't played any multiplayer yet. I came across gifts yesterday and sent them out. Pretty cool! I just got my ps4 so I'm going to be sending out friend requests! Lol! I want to try multiplayer with people I "know" lol
Old 09-15-14, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I already have you as a friend on PSN but if I don't, send me a request. There's not a lot of people in this forum playing Diablo at the moment but send me a chat request and I'll help you level up.
Old 09-15-14, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm still playing but I'm on PC.
Old 09-15-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I think you sent me a request Lorenzo. My son left my PS4 on all day accidentally. Sorry. Would love to level up with you sometime.
Old 09-15-14, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

kanji is away till Thursday and I might jump on this one night. I feel bad I haven't played as much I hoped. Can't touch the Crusader without her but can bring in any of the others...the Monk is 68 I think and the others are 60. She mentioned about playing again but everyone got scattered all over and we played Warframe and now Destiny. Don't know where everyone is but need to find out.
Old 09-15-14, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I leveled up my Hardcore Crusader to 61 and freaking got ambushed in a cave and lost him. I had some great gear including the Goldskin armor. So pissed!
Thanks to PS+, I was able to download the uploaded save from couple of days ago and overwrite my save to resurrect my character. Although I'm back at LV. 44, it's better than starting over from level 1. I wasn't worrying about losing my Softcore progress since I didn't play it that much.

Originally Posted by Decker
I think you sent me a request Lorenzo. My son left my PS4 on all day accidentally. Sorry. Would love to level up with you sometime.
Anytime. I haven't had a chance to play Diablo with you yet and because of time difference, the weekend might be the best time.

Originally Posted by K&AJones
kanji is away till Thursday and I might jump on this one night. I feel bad I haven't played as much I hoped. Can't touch the Crusader without her but can bring in any of the others...the Monk is 68 I think and the others are 60. She mentioned about playing again but everyone got scattered all over and we played Warframe and now Destiny. Don't know where everyone is but need to find out.
Check your mailbox, I sent you a gift. If you ever decide to play something else besides Destiny or Warframe, you know where to find me. I still got 4 other characters including my WD that I need to level up to 70. Actually, why don't we play in Hardcore, in hard difficulty next time?

On Sunday, I played with ugabuga aka HooterHunting and two other people. They were doing bounties when I joined them. However, our play session wasn't very long since I didn't find it very enjoyable not being able to communicate with them and it seems that everyone was doing their own thing. You couldn't coordinate anything. Also they were playing in the Torment difficulty and I was getting my ass kicked with my LV. 70 (19) Monk. I think we got disconnected and he ended up joining me in my game but quickly left.

All I know is that I won't be be joining any Diablo session unless you have a headset. Sorry, I'm probably sounding like an ass, but the above experience was anything but fun so I won't do it again.
Old 09-18-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm back to level 58 for my Hardcore Crusader. 70 here I come...
Old 09-19-14, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to PS+, I was able to download the uploaded save from couple of days ago and overwrite my save to resurrect my character. Although I'm back at LV. 44, it's better than starting over from level 1. I wasn't worrying about losing my Softcore progress since I didn't play it that much.
That is really good to know! You could also dump a save to a USB stick too.
Old 09-19-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Actually, that's pretty much a crock, and completely against the spirit of hardcore. You might as well play softcore mode if you are going to back up your saves.
Old 09-19-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Whatever! Play it however you want.
Old 09-19-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I don't think you should be able to "recover" Hardcore characters that have died. That's an exploit that Blizzard would fix if they could. The whole idea is to learn how to play more cautiously.
Old 09-19-14, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Actually, that's pretty much a crock, and completely against the spirit of hardcore. You might as well play softcore mode if you are going to back up your saves.
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Yeah, I don't think you should be able to "recover" Hardcore characters that have died. That's an exploit that Blizzard would fix if they could. The whole idea is to learn how to play more cautiously.
So what's the difference between backing up my saves or playing hardcore on normal? Sounds silly to me.
Old 09-19-14, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So what's the difference between backing up my saves or playing hardcore on normal? Sounds silly to me.
The point of hardcore is the feeling of adrenaline you get around any corner knowing that one bad move or bad stroke of luck can completely kill your character and make you start all over. There's a heightened tension there, that is ruined if you know you can just restore a save file if you die.
True, some of that is negated by just playing on Normal, and that's why you never hear any hardcore player bragging about playing on normal. I think you really need to ask yourself why you are playing hardcore in the first place if you really don't understand what the point is.
Old 09-19-14, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Normal would take forever to level on, the risk just isn't there, neither is the reward. Similar to being able to recover a lost character. The idea is to make your character better, get the best gear, make the best build, and push yourself to further and further difficulties. It's no fun playing in normal forever, and missing out on the increased XP and loot. The point of HC is that the risk is so great, knowing you could lose a character forever, when you actually make it through and survive a difficult encounter the sense of satisfaction is much greater than normal mode. You take all of that away if you can just reload your character after dying.

I have several max level HC characters and I usually only play at Torment 2, but it's been the most rewarding aspect of the game, and yes, to reach that point I have lost a few characters and had to start over a few times.
Old 09-20-14, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The point of hardcore is the feeling of adrenaline you get around any corner knowing that one bad move or bad stroke of luck can completely kill your character and make you start all over. There's a heightened tension there, that is ruined if you know you can just restore a save file if you die.
True, some of that is negated by just playing on Normal, and that's why you never hear any hardcore player bragging about playing on normal. I think you really need to ask yourself why you are playing hardcore in the first place if you really don't understand what the point is.
Normal would take forever to level on, the risk just isn't there, neither is the reward. Similar to being able to recover a lost character. The idea is to make your character better, get the best gear, make the best build, and push yourself to further and further difficulties. It's no fun playing in normal forever, and missing out on the increased XP and loot. The point of HC is that the risk is so great, knowing you could lose a character forever, when you actually make it through and survive a difficult encounter the sense of satisfaction is much greater than normal mode. You take all of that away if you can just reload your character after dying.

I have several max level HC characters and I usually only play at Torment 2, but it's been the most rewarding aspect of the game, and yes, to reach that point I have lost a few characters and had to start over a few times.
I understand where both of you are coming from. But the backups and playing in normal are options that are available for me to use in the PS4 version and I just want to reach level 70 and move on. Why play on hardcore if I'm going to back up my save in case I die? So I can get the trophies related to Hardcore. I do not consider this to be "cheating" as your original accusations implied. If I was using hacked gear it would be different...

This has been the only game I have been playing since late August but with FIFA coming this week and other game releases on the way, my time with Diablo is very limited.
Old 09-20-14, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why play on hardcore if I'm going to back up my save in case I die? So I can get the trophies related to Hardcore. I do not consider this to be "cheating" as your original accusations implied. If I was using hacked gear it would be different...
Yeah, but what's the point of meaningless achievements/trophies?
Old 09-20-14, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, but what's the point of meaningless achievements/trophies?
What's the point of anything really? The trophy is there, I want to have it and move on.
I get it, you're not interested in trophies but I do. I didn't know that I will be confronted by the Diablo 3 police. I'm sorry for committing such a gruesome offence but I promise that once I reach level 70, I will never touch my hardcore character again Hopefully you can forgive me for my indiscretion.
Old 09-20-14, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I do not consider this to be "cheating" as your original accusations implied.
It's against the design of the game. Even if HC players die due to lag, Blizzard refuses to restore any characters that have died on Hardcore mode. By design, hardcore characters that die stay dead, that is the entire point of hardcore mode. Any way around this is, without question, cheating.
Old 09-20-14, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What's the point of anything really? The trophy is there, I want to have it and move on.
Ok, I guess as long as you realize it doesn't represent any skill you posses in the game, and is merely a reminder of your lack of hardcore prowess.
Old 09-20-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's against the design of the game. Even if HC players die due to lag, Blizzard refuses to restore any characters that have died on Hardcore mode. By design, hardcore characters that die stay dead, that is the entire point of hardcore mode. Any way around this is, without question, cheating.
Okay. I'm glad you're here to remind me.
Old 09-20-14, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I guess as long as you realize it doesn't represent any skill you posses in the game, and is merely a reminder of your lack of hardcore prowess.
Ouch!
Old 09-20-14, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 09-21-14, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay. I'm glad you're here to remind me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.