Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 06-28-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
2011 can't come soon enough.

Liver, how does that Crow taste?

Where did you hear 2011?
Old 06-28-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I want to play this game now.
Old 06-28-08, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Where did you hear 2011?
This is Blizzard. 2011 sounds about right.
Old 06-28-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Who said PC gaming is dying?
Old 06-28-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Looks fucking awesome. Gonna go pre-order the CE now.
Old 06-28-08, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you hear 2011?
I was trying to be optimistic.
Old 06-28-08, 08:12 PM

I would be more excited for D3 than another flipping MMO. I never got into WoW, its just like all other MMOs, grinding.
D2 defined grinding. Endless Cow, Baal, & Meph runs every 5 minutes... that's all that's left getting a char to a decent level.

D3 looks pretty, but I hope they come up with a cure for the endless grinding.
Old 06-29-08, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by keyed
D2 defined grinding. Endless Cow, Baal, & Meph runs every 5 minutes... that's all that's left getting a char to a decent level.

Yea but WoW you had pay for and if you didn't keep up or play 12 hours a day you were screwed and left behind. At least in D2 you could play by yourself, I didnt mind the grinding in D2, was a lot more fun than WoW if you ask me.
Old 06-29-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was trying to be optimistic.

I think I will predict D3 comes out 1 year after SC2.
Old 06-29-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea but WoW you had pay for and if you didn't keep up or play 12 hours a day you were screwed and left behind. At least in D2 you could play by yourself, I didnt mind the grinding in D2, was a lot more fun than WoW if you ask me.
Not quite sure I understand this one? What do you mean by screwed and left behind? You can progress at your own pace and there is tons of stuff to do solo. If you are getting left behind by your friends, well it sounds like you need to tell them to play less than 12 hours a day. WoW can be a very casual MMO if you don't want to bother with end game raiding. Even then, there are plenty of casual raiding guilds that only raid for a couple hours a night for a few days a week.
Old 06-29-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flashburn
Not quite sure I understand this one? What do you mean by screwed and left behind? You can progress at your own pace and there is tons of stuff to do solo. If you are getting left behind by your friends, well it sounds like you need to tell them to play less than 12 hours a day. WoW can be a very casual MMO if you don't want to bother with end game raiding. Even then, there are plenty of casual raiding guilds that only raid for a couple hours a night for a few days a week.
I haven't played in 2 years, I stopped around level 30 or so, got bored. When I was playing it was MUCH harder to solo, especially with certain characters. I am not gonna get into a debate about this because I really don't care. I would take D2 and hopefully D3 grinding over WoW any day, that is my point.
Old 06-29-08, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't played in 2 years, I stopped around level 30 or so, got bored. When I was playing it was MUCH harder to solo, especially with certain characters. I am not gonna get into a debate about this because I really don't care. I would take D2 and hopefully D3 grinding over WoW any day, that is my point.
Well your point is kind of moot since what you are stating isn't true any more. Even back at release soloing was never that difficult.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to Diablo 3. I really hope it comes out before 2010.
Old 06-29-08, 12:57 PM

Well your point is kind of moot since what you are stating isn't true any more. Even back at release soloing was never that difficult.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to Diablo 3. I really hope it comes out before 2010.
SC2 and Diablo 3 both being released in 2009....I don't see it happening.
Old 06-29-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Regardless I still would disagree with you on the ease of soloing. Maybe in the early levels but once you got later was a lot harder, especially depending on what type of character you were. You could level a lot easier with a Hunter than some others.
Old 06-29-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bee_01

I agree, they wouldn't do this. They would want to capitalize on there profits and releasing 2 games, even if they are of a different genre close to each other wouldn't work well.
Old 06-29-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Regardless I still would disagree with you on the ease of soloing. Maybe in the early levels but once you got later was a lot harder, especially depending on what type of character you were. You could level a lot easier with a Hunter than some others.
Maybe back at launch some classes, like Priests, Warriors, Paladins had a slower time levelling, wouldn't call it hard. Nowadays though those classes can all put out some pretty good amounts of damage and they level just as quick as most other classes if they are specced right.

Last edited by flashburn; 06-29-08 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bee_01
Hmm, for some reason I assumed that Starcraft 2 was coming out at the end of the year.
Old 06-29-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was rumored to be released on Dec 3, 2008, but it looks like it will be in 2009 now.
Old 06-29-08, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by keyed

OMG.

Cow level runs. kill everything but make sure not to kill the king!
Old 06-30-08, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

2011 can't come soon enough.

Liver, how does that Crow taste?
Not sure what you're talking about. I said "Diablo 3 Bitches!" months ago!
Old 06-30-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The game looks absolutely brilliant so far. All the details they have put in are amazing. But if they dont secure the online play it will turn into what D2 is today.

There should be an entire realm dedicated to PvP only. One great big arena or something. Keep them out of the regular game.

The party system also needs to change. There should be a leader in the party and that leader should be able to boot any player out of the game at anytime. If I create a game I should have the ability to boot any player out of it. Or a voting system, if enough players in the party want you booted then out you go. This should also be flagged. If you are continually getting booted out of games Blizz should take action somehow.

Hopefully you can have more that 8 players per game this time. I'd like to see monsters that require 16 players to defeat it.

The loot system should be interesting to see how they dole it out. You should have assigned drops that drop based on your stats that only you can pick up.

HD graphics please.
Old 06-30-08, 08:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelkee
The loot system should be interesting to see how they dole it out. You should have assigned drops that drop based on your stats that only you can pick up.
Yes! This would solve a lot of problems. Just about every game since D2 has implemented something along these lines, so I'd be shocked if D3 maintained the "free for all" system.
Old 06-30-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kelkee
Hopefully you can have more that 8 players per game this time. I'd like to see monsters that require 16 players to defeat it.

No, they need to keep the party system small. 8 is perfect, I do not want this turning into WoW again (sorry to keep bringing this up) where it is required to have 40 people on at once to defeat someone. Casual is key.
Old 06-30-08, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yes! This would solve a lot of problems. Just about every game since D2 has implemented something along these lines, so I'd be shocked if D3 maintained the "free for all" system.

Love the classic days of joining someones party to try and get some awesome weapon and the second it drops you grab it and log off.
Old 06-30-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, they need to keep the party system small. 8 is perfect, I do not want this turning into WoW again (sorry to keep bringing this up) where it is required to have 40 people on at once to defeat someone. Casual is key.
There has to be some proper scaling method for beating the hardest monsters on the most difficult level of play. Balance is key.

If you only casually play then your loot should reflect that. The more and BETTER you play, the better loot should drop. Dont know how they would track this but just putting hours and hours in isnt enough. You could sit there and do nothing (fishing for ex.) for hours and hours and qualify for good loot. But if it was tied to both hours of play and style of play then that would be better.

Get rid of the randomness and start tying loot to how you play, and how much you play, and what you do while you are playing, and who you are playing with.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.