Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 06-22-17, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

I might pick it up around Xmas for 50% off.

Would never pay even $15 with no new content being added.
Old 06-22-17, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by gcribbs
I might pick it up around Xmas for 50% off.

Would never pay even $15 with no new content being added.
There are a couple new zones being added, but I think everyone gets those.
Old 06-24-17, 12:37 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I played many hours of the necromancer on the pc in the beta. It was fun, but ultimately the style did not lend itself to how I like to play Diablo...when the next season comes out I will probably play the Demon Hunter again, and wait until this drops under 10 bucks. 15 bucks is just too high for a new character that borrows from other classes.
Old 06-24-17, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Yea...I've seen a lot of comments on the $15 being a tad too much. Right now one can pick up the whole game for $25-$30 or wait and see on the "Next Ultimate Edition" with the Necromancer included.
Old 06-25-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering I bought both the PC and console versions and don't think $15 is going to break my bank.
Old 06-27-17, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those who care, the X1 DLC for the Necromancer will have Achievements

https://www.trueachievements.com/gam...nts#h6DLC_6138

Reasonable list in my opinion too.
Old 07-17-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after investing several hours into the Necro so far, if you are looking to replay the Necro from D2 then you are going to be disappointed. I believe that Blizzard mentioned a while ago that they wanted to re-imagine the idea of what a Necro is plus the Witch Doctor has pretty much replaced the play style of the Necro of D2. So set your expectations before you go in.

The Necro's poison skills are pretty weak and not that impressive. You can add poison damage with other gems (Efficacious Toxin) and gear that's available (Andariel's Visage, Mad Monarch Scepter, etc.) and Kanai cube their effects but there is no Necro set gear that focuses on on poison. Hopefully they will add one.

In my opinion this character's strengths are more in line with that of a Vampire and less a Necro and are highly focused on the Corpse Explosion build of D2. The focus is on physical damage you do with bone and blood. You can go on controlling armies of darkness and you can certainly make a hoard of minions but the strongest builds right now are not pet builds its physical builds.

Once I got over the fact that this is not a D2 Necro and the play style does take some getting used to it is a fun character to play and gear out especially when I started trying to work in the poison gear without breaking Necro's the set gear boosts.

That being said its still a strong class and probably the strongest class currently dealing out the most damage with the right set gear.
Expect to see a lot of Necros topping the leader boards when season 11 starts.
Old 07-18-17, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interesting review and thanks for the input. I've held of but have seen some positive feedback. Getting the two slots for him makes no excuse of "I don't have an opening"....I only played Diablo III when it became available for the console (on the 360 at the time0 and don't really know the history of the Neco.

But sadly I've seen some posters on a few diablo Communities via PS4 posting pics of their obvious "Cheater Mod Set" which those clowns have poisoned the game....I might get back and see if I can find a friend or two from the past who might run with. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-18-17, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally bit the bullet and just cleared out my entire stash so I could gear up fresh. I really didn't see the point any longer in holding onto gear I was not going to use. I had also ran low on materials trying to cube everything so I had to stop to just clear out the clutter. I may get back to cubing everything after I build up materials again. If its not ancient or greater I'm not keeping it.

Also heard rumblings that since this DLC did so well that they will be looking to add more DLC characters. Perhaps a return of the Amazon!
Old 07-18-17, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe given the choice of new characters later vs getting "Diablo IV" out the door....the overall verdict would be Diablo IV. And as I recall they hired some people for high profile jobs and speculation was working on a new Diablo game. But then again Blizzard has Overwatch going and there was something mentioned a month or so ago they had like 200+ openings for future projects.....so who knows.
Old 07-20-17, 09:11 AM
gamer for life

New Season starts tonight!!!!

Everyone do themselves a favor and try out the season. It starts you fresh, no loot...no money...no paragon...nothing.

But there are steps that let you earn a full green set for the class you choose to play as (most will do the Necro I would imagine)..and the game feels new and fresh when you start a season...

My friend, son and I are all rolling 3 fresh Necromancers....
Old 07-20-17, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Im going to try and push for 1k+ paragon levels. The highest I have gone is like 700ish.
Old 07-20-17, 04:53 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by csant
Im going to try and push for 1k+ paragon levels. The highest I have gone is like 700ish.
Yeah the highest I have hit on a season is around 750...it really slows down after that..
Old 07-20-17, 09:15 PM

I tend to always play solo and I have never gotten much more than 200 before getting a bit bored with the season.
Old 07-21-17, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm so tempted to start playing the season but my wife is going to kill me if I spend the time I spent to platinum this game. I don't want to get sucked in...
Old 07-21-17, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm so tempted to start playing the season but my wife is going to kill me if I spend the time I spent to platinum this game. I don't want to get sucked in...
Just Do It!!!!.....I need a fellow Necromaniac to run with....
Old 07-23-17, 01:25 AM
gamer for life

My son and I managed to hit the 3rd best in the world 2-player season leader board tonight on our ps4's...we also are the only two players both running necromancers in the top 20. Already at paragon 600, and got my second primal ancient already. We both think we can hit GR100+ with another 20 or so hours of play.

It is MASSIVELY refreshing they managed to stop all glitching for top level gear that plagued the ps4 leader board in season 10. I think I am the only person in the top 50 on two player right now with a primal ancient. This time last season there was a guy with 10.

Also last season I played a Demon Hunter and was only able to solo into the low GR90s...The Necromancer is so op right now compared to other classes.
Old 07-24-17, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's just awesome Fox...Congrads to both of you......job well done....

I "Finally" started mine yesterday with my first Season...what a nice refresher of starting out with nothing. It reminded me of when I first got the game for the 360 and having noting when I started my first character...no stash, no gems, no set pieces, no mega Legendry's to fall back on...I loved it

And I like the Necromancer as well. The skills are good and reminds me of playing the Witch Doctor with the "Pets". That early on exploding corpse skill just wrecks everything. I haven't looked up what all the skills and passives do; just reverting back to testing them all out as they unlock which is fun to do. My grandson came over while playing...he has Diablo also...and he's getting it. I haven't had a "Fun Character" like this since playing the Witch Doctor whom I just had loads of laugh with.

I'll continue with Necromancer and eventually start a non-season. The only sad news from last night I did die twice....at the hands of The Nemesis. Once at Level 8 and the other Level 17. He's tough at early levels although I almost had him at Level 17 when I used the Raise the Army of Dead or whatever skill it is. Grandson actually suggested the trick of killing the Golem and then raising him which I did....it was an insane Battle-Royal going on....
Old 07-24-17, 08:50 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by K&AJones

And I like the Necromancer as well. The skills are good and reminds me of playing the Witch Doctor with the "Pets". That early on exploding corpse skill just wrecks everything. I haven't looked up what all the skills and passives do; just reverting back to testing them all out as they unlock which is fun to do. My grandson came over while playing...he has Diablo also...and he's getting it. I haven't had a "Fun Character" like this since playing the Witch Doctor whom I just had loads of laugh with.
The Season armor set is built around the pets build, so it is perfect to work out a pets build now to get ready for it. The key to the full set is Skeletal Mages...so you really want to start working that one into your build so you get use to casting it during a fight.
Also make sure you try out Bone Armor if you are having toughness problems...30% damage reduction...and easy to maintain.
Old 07-24-17, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Aren't you on XB1.....

I'm moving up steadily loading as much "xx experience per kill as I can get on".....I just finished Act 1 and hit Level 30. I was almost debating on starting a non-seasonal but I want to stay on Seasonal for now and shoot for the rewards and all and get to Bounties and Rifts.
Old 07-25-17, 12:01 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Aren't you on XB1.....

I'm moving up steadily loading as much "xx experience per kill as I can get on".....I just finished Act 1 and hit Level 30. I was almost debating on starting a non-seasonal but I want to stay on Seasonal for now and shoot for the rewards and all and get to Bounties and Rifts.
I am on ps4...

Any reason why you are not doing adventure mode vs story?
Old 07-25-17, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know....I'm so use to jumping in story with a new character which I did that way in the past...to unlock stuff like the Jeweler in the sewers and Blacksmith at the beginning. It's been a long time since I did story and frankly a nice change from when it was Bounties, Rifts and GR's....rinse and repeat. And then trying to figure out what to do with the loot I got....

Plus the one friend I had playing there was that issue where out-of-the-blue when we tried to play together 4-5 months ago we couldn't....Join here and I get booted 5-7 seconds and she try to join me and same thing. I tried a few time of having Open To Everyone and that was a mistake.....either cheaters or some clowns who just barged in taking over the game and doing what they wanted....

I hit 41 last night and still at a decent pace and no issues. I got The Nemesis again last night...third time so far....but it took about 20 seconds to take him down this time. I had Frost Golem, Singularity Skeletal Mage and Panic Attack Bone Spirit and of course my trusty Enchantress which turned him into a Chicken. For mobs I add Revive w/Personal Army and Frailty w/Aura of Frailty. Revive is as fun as Exploding Corpses. I might venture into Adventure Mode and see if any changes and try a bounty. I'm in the middle of Act II. I'll work on getting up and would love to play with you in the Rifts & GR's.....Do you have both non-seasonal and seasonal Necromancer?

Update....I decided to break from the story mode and do a bounty...actually ended up doing three instead. I also did the part getting the cube. I started out at Level 41.5 and now at 61.5....I just loaded up with armor that have the experience per kill. I've got 31% XP boost and up to 528 per kill so I'm flying. I even was carrying a Level 31 Belt and some low level 40 gear. Got the Nemesis twice today...that's five times already and still haven't died in normal play....he's a beast!

Question...what is the deal with all the Crafting Books you get...I know most I probably have but there might be a few I don't. Do those stay?

Question..can you make something and give it to another player in Season? I know the Mailbox is disabled but if they're in your game you can drop items correct?

Last edited by K&AJones; 07-26-17 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-31-18, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It took over a year but I finally got the Necromancer DLC. I'm leveling him up on the Seasons playthrough. If you guys can tell me what build I need to be on the lookout, I will appreciate it. He's level 18 right now.
Old 07-31-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
It took over a year but I finally got the Necromancer DLC. I'm leveling him up on the Seasons playthrough. If you guys can tell me what build I need to be on the lookout, I will appreciate it. He's level 18 right now.
Hey Pal....

You'll like the Necro....he can be a beast and loads of fun and laughs. I think that armor set for this Season is actually pretty good to grab. Some go with the Exploding Corpses while some like the Raise the Dead. I think for this season it's the Pestilence Set which the buff surrounds "Bone Spear"...which can do some serious damage. I use the Rathma Set which it's buff is "Army of the Dead".

Make sure you have "Bone Armor" slotted...it's a must for defense. There's one for "Command Skeletons"...those will get you some pets out front much like the Witch Doctor's that keeps enemies off you. And for added help...and these can do some good damage...."Skeletal Mages". Pop them when the elites are around or just a huge mob...just keep throwing 1-2 as you go along.

There's a great deal of build info at the usual trusty site...Icey Veins...but with Season, you're limited with what you get. I decided to toy with a Barb this Season after playing the Necro so much. I'm in the middle of the 5th chapter.
Old 07-31-18, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks Buzz!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.