Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Yes, one new character type (Crusader) and a new act. A huge one.

From Wikipedia :

Reaper of Souls adds a number of new features to the core gameplay of Diablo III. These include a new character class, the Crusader,[1] who specializes in defensive play, large weapons (including newly introduced types like flails), specialized "Crusader shields", and holy magic. A fifth Act is added, which follows the Nephalem's quest through the remains of Westmarch and the Pandemonium Fortress to stop Malthael and his allies. In addition to the campaign, the expansion adds an "Adventure Mode", where players are free to roam the entire world and take on random Bounties and dungeons (called "Nephalem Rifts") at their leisure.[3] A new artisan, the Mystic, can enhance the properties and appearance of the player's equipment. The expansion also raises the level cap to 70 (up from 60), and adds new skills, runes, and passive abilities for all characters, as well as a fourth slot for passive skills that unlocks when the character reaches level 70.

Adventure Mode
Adventure Mode allows players to explore every region currently available in the game, without having to create new games. New objectives (including Bounties and Nephalem Rifts) and the Mystic NPC are also available to the players, and these features can only be found in Adventure Mode. As soon as a player completes the entire campaign (including the newly added Act V) and defeats the final boss Malthael, Adventure Mode is unlocked and available to all characters on the player's account, including new seasonal characters.

Bounties
Players are able to complete five random Bounties for each act when playing in Adventure Mode. Bounties are random missions that may require players to hunt down a specific enemy, clear a specific area, slay a certain number of enemies, or complete a certain event (for example, cleanse a cursed chest or a cursed shrine). Upon completion of Bounties, players will be rewarded with certain amount of gold, loots as well as crystalline blood shards, which can be traded for powerful items. Once players complete all five Bounties designated to one act, they will be rewarded with a Horadric Cache, which contains random loots and rewards such as gems, crafting materials, crafting recipes, and equipment. As of patch 2.3, Rift Key Fragments are no longer in the game, and thus have been removed from Horadric caches.[4]

Nephalem Rifts
Nephalem Rifts are dungeons in Adventure Mode that consist of randomized regions and encounters. Players fight enemies and explore areas drawn randomly from all acts. As of patch 2.3 Nephalem rifts can be opened for free and no longer require Rift Keystone Fragments (which have been removed from the game). Players will also find "pylons" that grant players powerful abilities during exploration of the Rifts. In the first major content patch Greater Rifts were added where the difficulty increases each time you complete the rift within the time limit. The final boss in each Nephalem Rift has a chance of dropping a Greater Rift Keystone, which can be used to open these Greater Rifts.

Mystic
The Mystic is a new NPC featured in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. The mystic serves two basic functions: Item Enchanting and Transmogrification. Item Enchanting allows players to “re-roll the dice”; players are free to re-roll one property on an item. The selected property can be re-rolled to a higher value or to another property. Transmogrification allows players to change their character’s appearance for purely aesthetic purposes.

Kadala
Kadala provides gambling services in the game's Adventure Mode. Blood Shards are used to purchase unidentified items from her. Most of the time these items will be magic or rare, with a low chance to roll a legendary or certain set items, regardless of difficulty or magic find. She does not sell items that are only found in Horadric Caches, but does sell Torment-exclusive items.
Old 05-02-17, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I just played this for the first time since late 2015. They have seasons now and I'm way behind in terms of gears and gems. I'm not sure if I want to get back into it. Plus I think I'm behind 3 Torment levels now...
Old 05-02-17, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After not playing for quite a while either I started playing quite regularly since seasons were added for consoles.

Plus the Necro is coming soon. So there is that.
Old 05-02-17, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelkee
After not playing for quite a while either I started playing quite regularly since seasons were added for consoles.

Plus the Necro is coming soon. So there is that.
I think that's the reason I want to come back right there...the Necromancer. I'm a sucker for new classes..and I'm just really curious to see how that plays out. Anybody know what pricing for the DLC is going to be? I'm going to guess $9.99...but who knows...they might go higher and test the limits so to speak.
Old 05-02-17, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm expecting it to be between $19.00 and $29.00.
Old 05-02-17, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm expecting it to be between $19.00 and $29.00.
Ouch, I hope you are wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised either. I mean if the only thing they are adding is a class (and not another act)...then I dunno how you can get above $14.99...but this is Blizzard so I guess anything is possible.
Old 05-02-17, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well they are adding new areas to go with the Necro as well so I don't know if that justifies the cost. I don't think its a completely new Act.

If its less than $10.00 I will be amazed tho.
Old 05-03-17, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I just played this for the first time since late 2015. They have seasons now and I'm way behind in terms of gears and gems. I'm not sure if I want to get back into it. Plus I think I'm behind 3 Torment levels now...
This is the same for me....though I have played some here and there in the past 6 months I haven't played with the Seasons added. Mainly because I will have to delete a "Mule" to start a season character which means getting rid of a lot of character specific gear. I'd have to do some serious house cleaning...

If there are some new players or some starting a character or haven't finished, I'll gladly unload some stuff. I wouldn't mind just doing one Season Character from scratch and even pairing with some friends. I always thought the early new ones were the most fun since you were scrambling for any and everything better no mater the color and adapting. I might have to take a look.

Note - I do have all five up to 70 with Green pcs and sets....it would be cool to grab some DVD talkers here and do some running.
Old 05-03-17, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What pieces of gear are you hoarding?

If I am never going to use an item then its just taking up space. If its an uber piece that will probably never roll like that again then sure I'd keep it.

Right now I am farming rifts to gear up my Hammerdin. 99% of the stuff dropping adds no value to my build at this point. I could keep it for other characters but the fun in playing is starting from zero I think, not muleing stuff over.

Seasons force you to start from scratch, you cant use an existing character in season play anyways.
Old 05-03-17, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Most of what I have...if I can remember correctly...are items of the "Green Piece" various sets along with some of the special and sought out items to beak down and put in the Cube...like one weapon, one armor and piece of jewelry.

I just hung on to them from awhile back in case some wanted to start another character, trade, just help others on the official forum looking for stuff or they had someone who just got the game. Or...just try various combinations I would see other builds people trying. Or...it might be a item that doesn't drop often and I'll hold on to it as a spare.
Old 05-04-17, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I used to keep everything just in case, but when I got to where all I am doing is farming for better loot its the same items really over and over again. So I keep the best and toss the rest.

There is a challenge to Cube every piece I believe and I was working on that. But since seasons started I have been busy trying to get through.

Completing lvl 1-4 of a season will get you the all season set gear for that character. I was going to stop at lvl 4 but I have one challenge remaining for 4+1.
Old 05-04-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The biggest hurdle for me would be which character to start while deleting the Mule.....I like them all and have a blast especially if I'm lucky to hook up with someone....I just like messing with the various character combo....like three Witch Doctors or three Whirlwind Barbs...just stuff like that.

....I do have a friend we both came from the 360 version of Diablo when it came out Day 1 for the console and of course we migrated over to the PS4. But the last time we played we couldn't stay in a group together without being bumped 5-7 seconds with some stupid message. We don't know where the problem is because it wasn't there 7-8 months ago but is now. We can join other friends and play in a group but she cannot join me and vice versa so we sort of soured on Diablo. And according to the official forums some on both consoles are experiencing the same thing. This is the only game out there that we have a problem playing together....
Old 05-05-17, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have only played Wizard and Crusader thru. Started a WD but never finished.

How many character slots are there? I guess of you are fond of several builds you have then it would be tough.
Old 05-05-17, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have only played Wizard and Crusader thru. Started a WD but never finished.

How many character slots are there? I guess of you are fond of several builds you have then it would be tough.
You have a total of (10) slots.....and I've got a WD, Wizard, Barb, Crusader and Demon Hunter along with a Mule for each. And actually with the various Green Sets you have you almost need a mule to store and rotate them out. Not to mention the items you want to change/upgrade. And throw in some weapons be it swords, wands, pole arms, mace, one hand, two hand, off hand which you might want to have say Fire, Poison, Ice or whatever.

And in the past I told people who would say, "I'm just going to play maybe one or two characters". Well once you start accumulating Paragon Points, those are spread out to all your characters; even the Mule ones. So down the road you finally decide to dust off that Level 5 Demon Hunter you're going to see 200-500 Paragon Points. So just start them and park them for later.
Old 05-05-17, 04:39 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my advice if you have not played in a long time, and feel your gear is crap.

Start a seasonal character. You start with nothing anyway, and the season will reward you with one of the new green sets as you get your character to level 70 and do a few simple side missions. It is a great way to get back into the game if you have been away for a while.
Old 06-05-17, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Diablo III: Eternal Collection Rated By The ESRB for PS4 & Xbox One

Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) has listed a new game called Diablo III: Eternal Collection - an unannounced title that could suggest a new version of the game is coming to consoles soon.

The title has been classified under the PS4 and Xbox One with an M (Mature) rating for blood and gore, partial nudity, and violence.

The version of Diablo III already available on consoles (The Ultimate Evil Edition) already collects all the available content for the game, so this could be suggesting a new expansion is in the works. A Necromancer class was announced for the game back at BlizzCon 2016, so this could relate to the addition of that class.

Take a look at the official description of the product below:

“This is an action role-playing game in which players assume control of a mortal hero (e.g., witch doctor, barbarian, wizard) who must defend humanity from a demonic invasion. From a ľ-overhead perspective, players traverse dungeons/caverns and use swords, axes, flails, and magic attacks to kill a variety of human-like enemies (e.g., zombies, demons, succubi). Battles are accompanied by slashing and flesh-impact sounds, screams of pain, and frequent blood-splatter effects; creatures often explode into bloody fragments as multiple enemies are dispatched at once. Some levels depict burning corpses, bodies impaled on stakes, piles of limbs, and dead villagers amid large pools of blood. During the course of the game, a succubus creature is depicted topless.”

Expect to hear more official news about this title soon.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...-Xbox-One.html
Old 06-06-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure how that Mega Edition will be received being the game is several years old. No question game is fun but for me it's lost a bit of luster and excitement. I'll probably jump in just to play the Necromancer when it hits but after that who knows. For some new players who can find a buddy or two; it would be well worth it....the game shines really big with two or more...
Old 06-06-17, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

As Buzz said, I'm not sure if I want to invest the hours in this game again just for the Necromancer. If it's Diablo IV on the other hand...
Old 06-06-17, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully they will release the necromancer as DLC too.
Old 06-07-17, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
As Buzz said, I'm not sure if I want to invest the hours in this game again just for the Necromancer. If it's Diablo IV on the other hand...

I still haven't done seasons yet...mainly because it would mean deleting one of my "Mule Characters" along with everything he has which is mainly Green Set items and some items for certain builds.. I do like they have option to customize loadouts but I wonder with the new class if they plan on increasing the space. They put in seasons with new armor and weapons to get but the space really does nee to increase.

If anything, I'm thinking about getting Victor Vran...a dead on diablo clone with some new twist. Not sure how the matchmaking and all works but something different. All the trailers I saw looks like it would be fun.
Old 06-20-17, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Necromancer arrives on June 27th - $14.99

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/208...e-27-6-20-2017
Old 06-20-17, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope they plan on adding another slot or two.....I might grab it but still wished for a Diablo IV from E3
Old 06-20-17, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Yup, you get 2 extra character slots.

And 2 extra stash tabs for us PC folks.
Old 06-20-17, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Kind of hope that Blizzard would added the Druid and Assassin. I thought those were fun characters to played on Diablo 2 explansion Lord of Destruction.
Old 06-21-17, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A sort of new trailer but basically shows off all the goodies you get....some cool looking armor sets that's a fact....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.