Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-15, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by Decker
I could use some good Monk stuff as well if you're feeling especially generous, buzz.

What level.....I don't have as much as I thought in the lower level stuff but quite a bit like 50-60. I'm even getting "Dexterity" gear in the 70 range now I need to get rid of.

I attempted my first Greater Rift solo last night. It was just a GR16 but it went good with my Monk. I landed one of the missing Rings for the "Focus & Restraint" and that made a world of difference. That also helped expand the Blood Shard limit of 500 to 663. I'm still needing several of the Legendary Gems.

My friend kanji is out this week and maybe out next so if anyone wants to jump in and run Bounties, Rifts, Trials and even do Greater Rifts let me know.
Old 06-05-15, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So I'm having an issue with D3 on PS4, not sure if anyone else has seen this.
For the last 20 or so levels, when I level up, I will go to the spell select screen to check out my new spells, but they little yellow star that is supposed to show me what's new isn't there. I looked through the options menu to see if I turned something off by mistake, but didn't see anything. Any ideas?
Old 06-05-15, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Are you close to maxing out your character? I believe the final abilities unlocked at level 70.
Old 06-06-15, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really haven't noticed but as Lopo said the final ones unlock at 70. I've got five at Level 70 and one at 43( Crusader) and might level him up one to see if the star pops up. I know in the past while we were just leveling up you would get a sort of flash with "New Ability Unlocked" or something like that, stop, go into Spells and see the Star on which and which rune. But that was way back before all the latest updates.

Just a reminder again if some would like some gear for any of the characters...a lot at Level 60...let me know. I'm getting a lot of Green Items I don't want to part with since there are more Green Sets available not to mention some of the Ancient Gear.
Old 06-06-15, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Are you close to maxing out your character? I believe the final abilities unlocked at level 70.
I'm only around 52 right now ... I'm playing local co-op with someone all the time at the same level, and he gets the yellow stars on his new abilities, but I don't
Old 06-06-15, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Once you reach level 70, all lower level items become useless with a few exceptions. No need to keep them.
Old 06-06-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I'm only around 52 right now ... I'm playing local co-op with someone all the time at the same level, and he gets the yellow stars on his new abilities, but I don't
It should tell you on your abilities screen what level they unlock at. Are both of you the same class? If yes, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 06-07-15, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joeblow69

Hey

I grabbed my Crusader last night...first time in over three months...and he was just a fraction away from Level 44 so I got him up. When I hit Level 44, I got the flash around the character, a banner on the screen "Reached Level 44" or something like that and "New Abilities Unlocked". I paused and brought up my skills and sure enough three gold stars in various skill locations on the circle. I didn't highlight and open but I assume that's what you're saying the Gold Stars are not there at all showing what skill has got the upgrade?

Also FWIW....I'm sure you know this but once you reach Level 70 you'll start to get Paragon Points which you'll have four areas of your character to put into. Inside those areas are four other choices. These points are there in place of leveling up...70 being the max. But if you're thinking about or at lest contemplating another character you want to do that before Level 70 and after. Whatever points you're primary or Level 70 character generates is shared with all other characters. When I opened my Crusader last night, he has 159 Paragon Points to spend.

I would also suggest depending on if you plan on playing other characters is to have a "Mule Character" to store items. You can have up to (10) so it's like having an additional storage for each or a few characters. Just remember some items you pick up for one can work with another. Like the Demon Hunter and Monk both use Dexterity so Boots, Gloves, Belts, Rings, etc....with Dexterity can be used for each. Same with Crusader and Barbarian and Witch Doctor and Wizard. Some items have character specific buffs but in a pinch, they might have better vitality, extra armor, elemental damage, gold pickup, etc....

Last edited by K&AJones; 06-07-15 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-25-15, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-powerful-item

Major new Diablo 3 patch introduces a very powerful item

Blizzard has previewed a major new patch - 2.3.0 - for Diablo 3. This is "right around the corner" from the Public Test Realm apparently.

Broadly the patch continues the trend of allowing you to become even more powerful. Check out this new artifact, Kanai's Cube: it will allow you to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills - separate to your other passive skills! It will also let you convert crafting materials from one type to another "and so much more".

You'll get that Cube, it sounds like, from the new zone arriving in the patch - Ruins of Sescheron. It's barbarian land, and the Kanai Cube is the Tomb of King Kanai's greatest treasure.

In addition there are new Legendary and Set effects coming, changes being made to Adventure Mode to make it more appealing, and crafting materials now scale depending on your level, so they're always useful.

And because characters get increasingly more powerful, Blizzard is adding higher difficulty levels to the game, all the way up to Torment 10!

There are also changes being made to combat. Tougher monsters will be more resilient to lots of crowd control, but killing them will also reward more experience and Rift progress in relation to weaker enemies. There's going to be more of an emphasis placed on exploring and clearing Rifts, rather than on killing the Rift Guardian, too

Note - according the PC Forum, it was mentioned that the patch will come out for the PC, PS4 and X1 around the same time.
Old 07-29-15, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Blizzard has announced details about the upcoming patch, 2.3.0 and one of the if not most intriguing parts is the Kanai's Cube. The origin of the name itself has been reveled and it's a touching story....

Diablo 3 Update Pays Tribute to Blizzard Employee Who Died of Cancer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...paign=Blogroll
Old 07-29-15, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-powerful-item

Major new Diablo 3 patch introduces a very powerful item

Blizzard has previewed a major new patch - 2.3.0 - for Diablo 3. This is "right around the corner" from the Public Test Realm apparently.

Broadly the patch continues the trend of allowing you to become even more powerful. Check out this new artifact, Kanai's Cube: it will allow you to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills - separate to your other passive skills! It will also let you convert crafting materials from one type to another "and so much more".

You'll get that Cube, it sounds like, from the new zone arriving in the patch - Ruins of Sescheron. It's barbarian land, and the Kanai Cube is the Tomb of King Kanai's greatest treasure.

In addition there are new Legendary and Set effects coming, changes being made to Adventure Mode to make it more appealing, and crafting materials now scale depending on your level, so they're always useful.

And because characters get increasingly more powerful, Blizzard is adding higher difficulty levels to the game, all the way up to Torment 10!

There are also changes being made to combat. Tougher monsters will be more resilient to lots of crowd control, but killing them will also reward more experience and Rift progress in relation to weaker enemies. There's going to be more of an emphasis placed on exploring and clearing Rifts, rather than on killing the Rift Guardian, too

Note - according the PC Forum, it was mentioned that the patch will come out for the PC, PS4 and X1 around the same time.
I played the PTR for about 10-12 hours a few weeks ago and all I can say is that the new patch is amazing. Kanai's Cube is an awesome addition to the game and it is kind of fun to do bounties because you have to get the crafting materials for the cube from all five acts. They added back in the "defeat a boss" bounty in each act, but they have a new chest that is like a resplendent chest, only better.

Torment VII-X were needed very badly and it makes it fun to do nephalem rifts again. T6 rifts were getting too easy and stale.

No more Trials is awesome, but you don't get to upgrade your gem unless you beat the grift under 15 minutes :/

The rifts take longer because they give less percentage for the enemies, but the bosses don't take nearly as long. I know I had some rifts where I would get to the boss in 5 minutes, then it would take me 8 to beat that boss.

What else, OH, Key Guardians now drop up to 3 (I think) organs instead of keys (based on what torment you on), so farming Hellfire Amulets goes about 10 times as fast. Also all Hellfire Amulets automatically have a socket.

There is also a goblin shrine that spawns like 5-10 goblins and that has been fun, but I found that they escaped easier than before, although that may have just been because I was on T10 and I wasn't focused too much on going away from them and back so they wouldn't get away.

All in all, it was a blast to play PTR (it helped with the 2000% legendary drop, double goblins, experience, etc..>), and I'm looking forward to it being released.
Old 08-11-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty interesting and wonder what they have in store....

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/10/912...ablo-is-coming

More Diablo is coming

Blizzard has posted a very interesting job listing with some pretty steep requirements. The listing doesn't say anything about a specific game, outside of the fact it's an unannounced project, but we do know what series the project will be in: Diablo.

The position requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in creating video game art, with at least 5 years as a lead artist or art director. The listing also states a requirement for " a proven track record of shipping AAA products in an art director role." They're looking for someone with some pretty serious experience, but if this is a new Diablo game they're also hiring for what amounts to a dream position for many in the industry.

Under the pluses section? You'll need a "passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise
Old 08-11-15, 11:47 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been doing the PTR for 2.3 like crazy for this next patch on pc, and it is amazing.

Right now the Barbs are the kings of the hill, but this patch brings monks and Demon Hunters back into the mix. The cube is amazing, allowing you to socket skills on items you would not normally use. On my demon hunter I broke down a calamity so now all my attacks with any bow apply marked for death. Also, the new Demon Hunter Multishot build is amazing. I hit for 1-2 billion a hit at times with it, and multishot hits everything on the screen.

The monk is just about as good, with 7 sided strike applying and then detonating instantly exploding palm..and each hit of 7 sided hitting for 6000% weapon damage, then exploding for 6000% weapon damage...and only about a 3 second cooldown between 7 sided. Also there is a weapon that makes 7 sided hit 14 times...

Overall 2.3 has me back into this hardcore.
Old 08-12-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good to hear...I haven't checked in a week, but a lot of console owners like myself are still wondering when? That's why I stopped and picked up Dying Light until this patch comes, heard nothing but good from pc owners.
Old 08-12-15, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On PC Season 3 ends August 23 and Seaon 4 starts August 28, since the last patch came to consoles and PC at the same time, it'll probably be out between those dates.
Old 08-13-15, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went over to the official Blizzard site which I hang out in the console forum...and someone posted the question on what to start farming for and collecting. I haven't read into much of either what's needed or what but so far they have...

Forgotten Souls

Deaths Breaths

GR Keystones

There's also a good link "How To Prepare For 2.3"..... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18301000366

Just wondering who here is playing the console version (PS4) and where are they? I'll admit I could never get up to the Level 30+ in GR's without a bit of struggle and help. I might have to start doing some serious farming and playing again before this 2.3 comes out.
Old 08-13-15, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

All I want it's a Double XP week
Old 08-14-15, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still need to complete 62 bounties for the platinum.
Old 08-14-15, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We played for the first time in over a month and were we rusty. Thankfully it was just to help a friend finish the original campaign and get him to Level 60. However he forgot to set the MP to "Friends Only" and the obvious happened....

He had to leave to go and pick up his wife down the street and we stayed in the game going back & forth checking our other characters and also to see if we could drop some stuff for him. Then out of the blue someone jumps in and proceeds to run thru the remaining parts (about 1/3) of Act III and finish them. This clown is a Level 10,000 Paragon, has 93 million armor and wielding a sword with three gem slots with 146,000 damage...by the way is name is karate_kid1993 so stay away from him.
Old 08-21-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seasons might be coming to the console.....

How Blizzard is Building on Diablo's Legacy to Secure its Future

Blizzard has suggested Diablo III's highly-praised Seasons feature could soon make the leap from PC to consoles - and that's just one of several improvements the developer has to continue improving the game across the board.

initial feeling was with consoles, because of the way it’s set up, it can’t support leaderboards and the online community isn’t the same - there’s a lot more playing with friends on a couch rather than in a general community - but it is something we recognise that a lot of players have given us the feedback in the last year," says Rob Foote, senior game producer. "Sometimes Seasons aren’t really about the leaderboard, but having a fresh start, experiencing the game again and feeling like you’re part of a larger community than yourself where the excitement around Diablo is there. So I think maybe that’s something we need to re-evaluate again. We’ll probably go back and revisit that decision."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...ign=Coverstory
Old 08-22-15, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have to give credit to Blizzard as they are doing all they can to keep the Diablo's fans interested in the game.
Old 08-24-15, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welp, I'm still playing my 360 version so it has life yet. I have two level 70's (barbarian/demon hunter), my hardcore (crusader) is at 65 and I have a monk at 57. I'm also about 300 bounties in. So it's taking a while to do everything that's needed. I have learned a lot about racking up bounties lately with my hardcore especially.

If you really trying to get to 500 bounties for the achievement/trophy, then only play the 4 except the boss (and then exit back out and rinse/repeat), and use act V for maximum quickness. Also playing at normal helps for this purpose too. I've gotten a ton of bounties and before I was sure that I was not going to make 500 by the time 6 classes made it to 70. Now, I'd say its 50/50.

I think I'll be able to get at least 20 more bounties with my crusader and probably another 15-20 for my monk (he's playing at expert/master currently and going to torment once I hit 60), so I'll need 80 a piece for my remaining wizard/witch doctor characters. Yes, you'll lose out on the caches and rifts, but I did enough of that in my first two characters. Furthermore, there is plenty of time to do (if I'm not burnt out) that once everybody gets to 70.
Old 08-24-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Been playing the heck out of this past week trying to burn thru all the Rift Fragments...still have over 180. Was playing one last night when two popped in and then we headed to the Greater Rifts. I'm still not up to doing anything above Level 40 and got my butt handed to me when we went in at 42. At least the other two were "Legit"...and not some 10,000 Paragon with 750K weapons.

Kadala has been downright stingy this past week. I haven't had this much bad luck with her ever like this. I've been getting Legendary gear that I deem typical and not worth keeping. About 50% of my Green items have came from her in the past but not this week. I've probably got around (4) green items from her total this past week and spent more Blood Shards than I can count. Still haven't seen much on the new patch as far as when.
Old 08-25-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A 1.5 GB update is ready Diablo fans. This is being downloaded as I write at this moment. Hopefully this is the 2.3 update that they were talking about.
Old 08-25-15, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Am I correct in that they are not updating the 360 version? This is a PC and current gen consoles thing only right? I still have my 360 copy but was thinking of trading it in.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.