Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by chase3001
I received a gift in game for you yesterday. I've sent it along.
Thank you!
Old 08-31-14, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the gifts. I've sent a few along myself. Came across my first Nemesis today. Wow, is it crazy fun! That bell starts ringing and you're like holy shit. LOL. I got my Nemesis down to a sliver of health before one of his minions froze me and I was toast.
Old 08-31-14, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you go to send a gift to someone, i think it tells you if you're sending a rare or a legendary to them.
Old 08-31-14, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Edison
Picked up a PS4 copy today, will be on later tonight. I had a character started on PS3, but I think he was only 12 or so. Is there any way to tell if the preorder thing is in the box?
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Alright, can you guys add my cousin to your friend list? He just got Diablo 3 today and is itching to do some online play with myself and some others. His username is "G00deye3-" The Os are actually the number 0.
I missed adding you guys. Friend requests will be coming tomorrow.

Anybody else I missed for the PS4?
Old 08-31-14, 07:59 PM

Just added a few people too on PSN, since I couldn't do it with the downtime last week.
Old 08-31-14, 08:17 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I missed adding you guys. Friend requests will be coming tomorrow.

Anybody else I missed for the PS4?
Add me swampthing71. Went to fight a Nemesis today, and got my ass handed to me.
Old 09-01-14, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

You are not alone with Nemesis. The first time we got introduced was in ACT V Tornment III dificulty and we lasted about 20 seconds with our best players Level 60 characters. ACT V at Tornment difficulty and above is no joke. We're seeing insane XP and criticl hit numbers but you really need good stuff and 3-4 people.

I think the "Gift System" is the best idea in a long time and I've got probably close to 20 so far. I've told kanjji my Diablo partner that with the more you have on your friends list the more chances on getting and sending Gifts. I can also confirm that the Gift will scale not only to your charcter but to the character itself. I opened some for my Level 31 (and under) Crusader and got stuff for him. I opened a few for my Level 66 Monk and got stuff for him at tha level. So be careful and plan out when and who you want the gifts for.

Also a couple of points especially for those playing first time or/and with Crusader....his primary is "Strentgh" which is the same with the Barbarian. If you plan on maybe playing a Barb later on it would be wise to start a 'Mule Character". You are allowed (10) character slots so what we do is create a "Mule" for each character to hold spcific items related to that character for later use. That low level Rare or Legendary Boots, Belt, Gloves or Weapon can be pt in the "Mule" instead of breaking them down. Each character has a max of (60) slots...so your "Mules" become much like a seperate additional bank stash.

Since there seems to be a decent amount of players here I would also suggest just putting it out here if you have items you don't need anymore for a character and if anyone needs them now or later.

I should be on this late afternoon (4:30-5:30) central....
Old 09-01-14, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Quick question about gems : The ones I keep finding are all Flawed or Chipped. Should I put those in my weapon/armor slots or wait to find/buy better gems? I haven't come across any and would be happy to buy one with in-game gold (lord knows, I'm not using it for anything other than health vials and training my blacksmith), but I haven't seen anywhere to buy them.

Also when you talk about having a "mule" character, how does that work? Do you create him using another controller and then bring him on Quests with you?
Old 09-01-14, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Decker, I can answer that one. Just create a new character (the Mule). Dump items from your other characters that you want to save into your stash. Log in to the Mule. Retrieve said items from stash. Now, you have more space in your stash. At least that's how I do it.
Old 09-01-14, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Quick question about gems : The ones I keep finding are all Flawed or Chipped. Should I put those in my weapon/armor slots or wait to find/buy better gems? I haven't come across any and would be happy to buy one with in-game gold (lord knows, I'm not using it for anything other than health vials and training my blacksmith), but I haven't seen anywhere to buy them.
Somewhere in Act 2 you should rescue a jeweler guy who can turn the flawed and chipped gems into better gems. As you level up, better gems will drop anyway.
Old 09-01-14, 11:39 AM

Thanks guys!
Old 09-01-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

You can also pay the jeweler to remove the gems. The other side of the jeweler is to combing jems into better versions. i.e. two chipped gems into 1 flawed gem
Old 09-01-14, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wouldn't bother putting in Chipped or Flawed Gems...which are the first two in line. The "normal" one is third and that's where it starts to help but you need to "Train the Jewler".

Here is the complete Gem Guide as how the order is and what each class does as you progress....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gem/

The Jewler Guide...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/

FWIW...just pay attention and plan what Gems you want where and for who. For an example I like to put Amethyst gems in the Monks Hand Wepons since his attack is very fast therefore it generates high "Life Per Hit". However I may put in a Ruby in the Barbarian's Weapon for extra dmage. He's already a tank and his attack is slower so having a Amethyst really doesn't help. but he does high damage so the extra % Damage Buff helps out even more.
Old 09-01-14, 05:42 PM

Hey everyone well unfortunately the dupes are back, and even worst hacked items ugh. I saw a bunch today when I joined a game and they were killing virtually instantly.
Old 09-01-14, 06:15 PM

Huh?
Old 09-01-14, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ugabuga
Hey everyone well unfortunately the dupes are back, and even worst hacked items ugh. I saw a bunch today when I joined a game and they were killing virtually instantly.
That sucks! Hopefully they can limit that with an upcoming update.
Old 09-02-14, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ugabuga
That's the part I really hate and detest....nor understand why. We did duping but only among ourselves and if it were mainly a missing part to one of the "Green Sets". Now playing with people with Hacked Items..hated it worse than ever and we never used them. People like this really ruin Diablo. To me Blizzard ought to send a warning shot and if they continue ban them
Old 09-02-14, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I like that you try and justify your own duping
Old 09-02-14, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We didn't exactly put a "Get Your Free Duped Items" sign out front or put a request out looking for Mega Hacked Items To Cheat. Everyone knows putting together the "Green Sets" takes serious time and lots & lots of luck. And "Among Ourselves" was a group of three...not 10,20,30,50...just three. Was it "Right" or "Cheating"...I'll leave that to others to decide; providing they've never duped, used hacked items, codes, mods or anything else to help in any game.
Old 09-02-14, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't really care myself, especially in a multiplayer game where players aren't really in direct competition with each other with no PvP (although on PC there are seasons and player rankings now, so it matters a little bit more for bragging rights). I just think its silly to justify your own duping while saying you "hate and detest" others for doing the same thing. Either way its exploits and cheating.
Old 09-02-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Are the hacks just in the PC version or console too?
Old 09-03-14, 07:46 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
Are the hacks just in the PC version or console too?

I am a PC player and I have never ran into any hacks. However I have not played it since April.
Old 09-03-14, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't condone it or criticize it (weapon duping) but the part that really got us was seeing players at Level 10,20,30 loaded with Marquis Gems. Hacked Weapons can do just outlandish damage but seeing players with early leveled characters carrying items with Marquis Gems was insane. When they should be carrying say a Ruby that does +8 to +18 Damage but instead has a Marquise doing +160 Damage, sorry but that's not right. If there is a lot of Duping & Hacking going on you can bet Gems are in the mix to and that's where items get their real boost.
Old 09-03-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I don't condone it or criticize it (weapon duping) but the part that really got us was seeing players at Level 10,20,30 loaded with Marquis Gems. Hacked Weapons can do just outlandish damage but seeing players with early leveled characters carrying items with Marquis Gems was insane. When they should be carrying say a Ruby that does +8 to +18 Damage but instead has a Marquise doing +160 Damage, sorry but that's not right. If there is a lot of Duping & Hacking going on you can bet Gems are in the mix to and that's where items get their real boost.
Are you talking about seasonal or regular characters? Because if you have a max level character you can make the best gems and use them on a brand new toon that you make. Whenever I make a new character I load it up with high level gems, I have four level 70 toons, so I can fly through the lower level content. I'll also craft awesome weapons with some of the many low level legendary crafting patterns I've found over my hours of playing.
Old 09-03-14, 09:09 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i always outfit my alt with a nice hellfire ring. It is top level and can be used at level 1. it boosts exp 35% and give a giant boost in DPS. my level ones are doing about 1000% more damage than they would without the hellfire ring. Are hellfire rings in the console versions. they are such a pain in the ass to get the materials to craft then your roll is usually sucky, but even a terrible hellfire ring can make your new toon a god for a while at least

also, back when the gold auction house was around, once i got to level 40 I would look for a level 60 weapon with reduce requirements of 20. You want to talk about being a god? imagine using a level 60 weapon that early

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.