Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 05-19-14, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Just curious for the PC players on how the drop loot went...better, the same or what? Reason why I'm asking is lately we've been seeing some really erratic loot drops, both none and some (console). Last week Thursday and Friday between me and my co-op pal we got maybe 5-6 in nearly 6hrs of play. At one point I did the Kings Crypt run where you have to go thru three crypts to find the crown and do Fields of Misery...not one Legendary.

Then on Saturday with bad weather we played almost 6-7 hrs and the flood gates opened. We got probably 20 Legendaries between us and at least (5) were the "Green Ones" along with (8) Crafting Books we didn't have.

I checked the official Battle Net Diablo forums and saw what looked like the same patterns from the pc crowd. Like nothing for a few hours then bam, two in 10 minutes. Or someone in a group get nothing all night while the others getting one an hour.Just curious as I said.
It's random so you can go through periods of terrible luck / great luck.
Old 05-19-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I get much more loot when I'm playing in a full group.
Old 05-19-14, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Haven't played with four at all; mostly just two of us. Does the same bump up in Paragon levels apply to pc? With each level you get something like extra 3% Gold and Loot? Didn't know if it's the same formula or not. I'm at (15) and my friend is at (20)...console that is.
Old 05-21-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

The legendary buff from the anniversary event is going to be permanent.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697
Old 05-21-14, 11:04 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shizawn
The legendary buff from the anniversary event is going to be permanent.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697
slow clap
Old 05-24-14, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So I just got the expansion the other day, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Beat Act 5 (underwhelming) and now I'm just doing bounties until I get enough whachamajigs to open a nephalem rift. Is that it? Just do that over and over leveling up and getting better gear?
Old 05-24-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, pretty much. I thought Act 5 was pretty good though because of all the little side quests and varied things you could do to make it more interesting.

People pretty much just do rifts over and over again for loot. I had a lot of fun with it for a month or so, but got bored recently.
Old 05-24-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My issue with Act 5 had more to do with the environments (all dull .... nothing really flashy or memorable) and the bosses. Again, dull, and too easy. I one shot Death, and the fight didn't even last very long. Yeah, I played on normal, but I played the same difficulty on Acts 1-4 and remember boss battles lasting longer.
Old 05-25-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
So I just got the expansion the other day, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Beat Act 5 (underwhelming) and now I'm just doing bounties until I get enough whachamajigs to open a nephalem rift. Is that it? Just do that over and over leveling up and getting better gear?
If you find the game getting boring you should try hardcore mode, it really spices things up.

My issue with Act 5 had more to do with the environments (all dull .... nothing really flashy or memorable) and the bosses. Again, dull, and too easy. I one shot Death, and the fight didn't even last very long. Yeah, I played on normal, but I played the same difficulty on Acts 1-4 and remember boss battles lasting longer.
Don't forget when the game first came out the difficulty was much higher. The game, and bosses, have been nerfed a bunch of times and they completely revamped the difficulty tiers; so yeah, if you're playing on normal, there won't be any challenge. Even in the settings it says Normal is for players who haven't played a while and are rusty. Take it up to Torment 1 and the boss fight will last much longer.
Old 05-25-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I played on Master and had to drop down to Expert when I first played Act 5. Normal would definitely be too easy these days.
Old 05-25-14, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I'm keepin at it ... bumped up from Hard to Expert today, and should be hitting level 70 after a few more bounties. I seem to remember something about an infernal machine? Is it worth it to try to make that?
Old 05-25-14, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Console - 360

Me and friend are now convinced there is no such thing as "random" when it comes to Loot. For only the second time playing since it came out I didn't get a Legendary and that was after nearly 4.5 hrs of playing. It was the first time neither of us never got one doing the Act II "Blood in the Sands". In fact between us for the entire Act II...just (4). Since "Fields of Misery" and around 12hrs in three days, combined we've got maybe (6)...her (4) and me just (2).We're playing Hell at MP III (console).

Also we've been getting "glitches" all of a sudden. Like you'll be shooting or throwing but nothing goes out...like your arms move but you don't have anything. Then it'll be a "Lost Connection or Host Issue" and get bumped. Problem is she'll be in her game and I'll be in mine. Not like one of us got bumped from the game itself to dahboard. Just started doing this in the last few weeks...never before. Doesn't happen to any other game.
Old 05-27-14, 08:00 AM

Well I'm keepin at it ... bumped up from Hard to Expert today, and should be hitting level 70 after a few more bounties. I seem to remember something about an infernal machine? Is it worth it to try to make that?
Not really. The ring is more for leveling characters. It might be worth it if you want to level up one of each character.

Yeah, eventually you will want to bump the difficulty to T1+ so you can get the torment only drops.
Old 05-27-14, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Console - 360

Me and friend are now convinced there is no such thing as "random" when it comes to Loot. For only the second time playing since it came out I didn't get a Legendary and that was after nearly 4.5 hrs of playing. It was the first time neither of us never got one doing the Act II "Blood in the Sands". In fact between us for the entire Act II...just (4). Since "Fields of Misery" and around 12hrs in three days, combined we've got maybe (6)...her (4) and me just (2).We're playing Hell at MP III (console).

Also we've been getting "glitches" all of a sudden. Like you'll be shooting or throwing but nothing goes out...like your arms move but you don't have anything. Then it'll be a "Lost Connection or Host Issue" and get bumped. Problem is she'll be in her game and I'll be in mine. Not like one of us got bumped from the game itself to dahboard. Just started doing this in the last few weeks...never before. Doesn't happen to any other game.
You should play with a group of 4 and on a higher difficulty. It will help with drop rates. I always join random pub games as you get a bonus for playing with others.

Sounds like lag. You're not playing online with your friend? If it's offline, it might just be that there is too much going on and the console can't handle it all. IE my laptop ssometimes lags when too much crap happens at one time on screen.
Old 06-11-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Diablo III PS4 Exclusive PlayStation Content Detailed

Today, we’re also excited to announce that players who take the fight for Sanctuary to their big screen TV on PS3 and PS4 will also enjoy exclusive content based on two popular PlayStation games.

The Last of Us Nephalem Rift

Get ready to endure and survive, nephalem. For the Ultimate Evil Edition, we’ve teamed up with Naughty Dog to create a unique Nephalem Rift inspired by their award-winning The Last of Us. Featuring hand-picked environments from the Diablo III universe and an ominous yellow spore effect, this randomized dungeon level is sure to awaken the survivor in us all.

Oh! And did we mention the monsters? The Last of Us Nephalem Rift is teeming with a series of ravenous creatures modeled after the infamous Stalker, Clicker, and Bloater infected.

Shadow of the Colossus Transmog Set

Raise thy sword by the Light! In addition to The Last of Us Nephalem Rift, the Ultimate Evil Edition will also include a PlayStation exclusive that pays homage to a gaming classic.

Players who purchase Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4 and PS3 will be rewarded with the “Guise of the Colossi,” a unique set of transmogrification plans that unlock six armor appearances inspired by the influential PS2 game, Shadow of the Colossus. These striking appearances will be available to all six larger-than-life classes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...tent-detailed/
Old 06-17-14, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

First look at what's coming in the 2.1 patch

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1424...view-6-17-2014

Don't know whether I'll bother with seasons/ladders (never did in Diablo II), but the Greater Rift system could be really cool.
Old 06-18-14, 07:54 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dexterity adding to armor and not dodge is HUGE for Monks and DH..(more so monks since they are in the action more)
Old 06-18-14, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Hoping that Blizzard at least put those new levels plus Reaper of Souls on DLC for us current owners of PS3. Don't want to spent another $60 just to get the Evil Edition.
Old 06-27-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I finally leveled up my Monk to level 60 (I'm at Paragon 2) and I'm halfway through my Inferno play through. I'm pretty sure that by the time the game is released again on the PS4, I'll be only needing the "All That Glitters" trophy (although I'm having trouble with the Butcher, Belial, Azmodan and Diablo challenges).

I think my problem is that I'm only playing on Medium difficulty and therefore the Legendary drops have been pathetic compared to most people. I tried playing on the harder levels and were getting killed constantly. Not a lot of fun like that.
Old 06-28-14, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We're running though currently with a Barbarian and Witch Doctor almost done in Inferno on Master II (360) She's a Paragon 30 and I'm a Paragon 26. Back on May 25th I wrote about the lack of Legendary drops compared to way back when we started playing...well it hasn't changed. There's been several nights where one of us hasn't got one at all or just 1-2...after nearly 2-3 hours. About 80% of the time we play on Master III. We're playing Master II this playthru simply because out current characters are not getting anything to actually use. If we didn't have 'hand-me-downs" we would be toast.

We cannot explain it...we're seeing stuff we didn't use to see like parts on a map in certain places, a mob or group and lately we've been getting frozen screens while in the middle of fighting or a bit of stutter. I know everyone says it's all random but for us there is no question it's much different recently than when we first started playing.
Old 06-28-14, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

RNG can be a bitch, seriously, try running in a group of 4, I guarantee you'll see more drops.
Old 06-29-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually, I have some decent Legendary items including some Monk sets like Asheara set and 3 of the Blackthorne set. I'm now playing it on Hard and been getting some Legendary drops but looking at my DPS is only at 66.8 which it looks pretty pathetic. Do I need to find better gear? My strategy has been to salvage Magic and Rare items and only keep the Legendary.
Old 07-04-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished Inferno on Hard and now I'm farming gold and gear on Master 1 on Inferno and I'm finally getting some decent Legendary armour for my Monk. However, the Legendary weapons that I'm getting have not been for my character for example I have been getting weapons for a WD and a DH. I think I can move up to M2 because I'm not really being challenged by the monsters even with their greater numbers.

I just want to clean up some trophies before moving up difficulty. The "conversation" and "shut up and take my money" trophies are a pain in the ass. I'm having difficulty with the Bosses challenges too.
Old 07-26-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm preparing for the release of RoS next month by playing as a WD and a Barbarian in softcore. I might as well do this since I'm still under 2 million in gold. Also I still need to do a hardcore run but can't decide which class to use.
Old 07-27-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW...me and my XBL friend who has played this since day one on the 360..."Might"...afterall go with the PS4. She finally got her PS4 up and running yesterday (she had to order a converter for the older TV) and played Destiny and DL Warframe for later.

We both agree we lose everything we've done, saved, collected and pretty much start out totally fresh and not even $10 in Gold to our bank. Both of us have all five characters to Level 60, a "Mule" for each character to hold all the Legendaries we've collected, both artisans are maxed and over $22 million in gold each.

But it would be good to move to the PS4 for various reasons and plus seeing Lorenzo, Decker and possibly "Chess" might jump would be great since several of our "360 Diablo III" friends moved to the XO. We have a blast together and have played only a few times with a third and it's even better. We're going to talk more this week but the PS4 version has a better chance now than a month ago.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.