Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wiimorse

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Did Wii fans really expect any other reaction?

Demo of this board (as well as other boards), are not Nintendo's focus of senior citizens, children and women generally.

I will believe this once I start seeing posts about how their mom's or grandparents had long sessions of Super Smash Bros. or Zelda.
Old 04-18-08, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swear I'm the only guy around the net who actually enjoys my Wii wholeheartedly. I was just in Best Buy today looking at all the games I'd like to purchase one day like...

Baroque
Nights
Octomania
CruisN'
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Pinball Hall of Fame
House of the Dead
Ghost Squad
Okami

Not to mention the following games coming out soon...

Castle of Shikigami 3
Blast Works
Star Soldier
Heavenly Guardian
Boom Blox
We Ski (if it's anything like Alpine Racer)
Mario Kart

The Wii library features games that aren't available on the dark lineups of the PS3 and 360. All that I ever see come out for both are dark, super serious action games. Where's the games for gamers like me? I only care about Time Crisis 4 and Beautiful Katamari, respectively. The Wii is working on a whole other level and I love it. Give me bright, colorful, creative, fun, affordable games anyday. I'm tired of FPS games and shitty hack and slash stuff.
Old 04-18-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Originally Posted by SteveOVig
Give me bright, colorful, creative, fun, affordable games anyday. I'm tired of FPS games and shitty hack and slash stuff.
XBL arcade has lots of cool, fun, bright games for a mere $10...and they're in HD!!!
Old 04-18-08, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
XBL arcade has lots of cool, fun, bright games for a mere $10...and they're in HD!!!
That would be a fair point but from what I remember, there aren't that many games that look too good and play good as you'd think. If the games are anything like the original stuff on the PSN, then count me out. Rez is the only remarkable one that comes to mind.
Old 04-19-08, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I will believe this once I start seeing posts about how their mom's or grandparents had long sessions of Super Smash Bros. or Zelda.

moms and grandparents are not playing super smash bros, and zelda :P

Thats for the 'hardcore' gamers.

Moms and grandparents are playing wii sports and mario party heh.
Old 04-19-08, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't feel any wiigret from my Wii purchase. I've played a lot of great games so far and have a lot more to get through. Super Mario Galaxy was a close runner up to Portal last year for my GOTY. I've also had some new gaming experiences with games like Kororinpa: Marble Mania and Wii Sports that I really don't think would have been possible without the Wii. I aslo think the addition of waggle improves many games for me. I would much rather swing the wiimote to throw a punch in a multiplatform game like the Godfather, than just press a button.

One area I do agree with the author on is the Wii's online experience. Although I don't think it has hurt the Wii yet, I think if Nintendo doesn't get it's act together in the online space they risk losing a lot of customer's to the community aspect offered by their competitors (console and pc). I think we are seeing two huge markets emerging in games, casual games and community games (like a youtube/myspace/facebook of gaming). Right now the Wii has the casual games market cornered (on the console), but it lacks an online strategy to build a community around. The 360 has a huge community built around its Live service, but I think the demographics of the 360 are too narrow for broader appeal.