Reload this Page >

question about playing ipod on ps3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-13-08, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a ps3 a couple weeks ago and I'm wondering if I can plug my ipod into the usb port without it uploading all my songs onto the ps3? When I plug it in, it starts uploading automatically, all I want to do is play my ipod through it, which is connected to my receiver. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-13-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anybody?
Old 03-13-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why would you do that? Just get cheap dock and connect it to another channel on your receiver?

If you're connecting using the provided USB cable, that wont work. iPods are designed to go ONE WAY with that cable... from the PC to the iPod. You can't send music to another PC by default.

Last edited by rfduncan; 03-13-08 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-13-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Why would you do that? Just get cheap dock and connect it to another channel on your receiver?

If you're connecting using the provided USB cable, that wont work. iPods are designed to go ONE WAY with that cable... from the PC to the iPod. You can't send music to another PC by default.
That's not true at all. You can send music from an iPod using the USB cable. The same way all those speaker docks that are out now play music through the dock connector. I haven't tried it with my PS3 yet though so I can't answer the OP's question. I plug it into my 360 all the time though.

I do agree that just going straight to your receiver may be an easier option.
Old 03-14-08, 10:44 PM

ps3-ipod

yeah, i just figured it out today. the first thing you do is plug in the ipod. next, select (music) and highlight usb device (ipod). once on this press triangle. a screen will come up that says display all, and information. select display all. once options come up select ipod control. from the ipod control options select music. the music will be disorganized and in some sort of F00 folders, but the music will play non the less. hope this helps