Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout Paradise

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I give props for Criterion still adding to the game but I dont like paying for patches or updates. Whats this Ive read about an Island? People keep mentioning that. Are they adding another area? Add that with MORE races, rages, etc (not something like the bike time challenges) and the new cars, than no problem paying for that.

Revenge was a shit game all the cars looked the same, no variety in color, and the levels were very boring. The only thing that Ruins Paradise is when you lose a match and theres no 'reset' button. Oh and Im tired of hearing Paradise City as soon as the game loads!
Old 11-08-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sure the Island will be among the things rolled out next year. They are highlighting all the new content every Friday for the next few and so far only the new cars have me excited. Party mode is interesting, but not something I would use or pay for. The cars I am definitely buying. They should have 2 more things to announce for next year.

Last edited by darkside; 11-08-08 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-08-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I like Criterion for that too. I'll support them, paying for all or some of the cars and the DLC. I bought the game when it was $35 on Amazon.

I'm the opposite, I tried some of the previous game and they just didn't make it for me. Paradise is the first game I really like.
Old 11-08-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have no problem with Paradise because it has a market...but it isn't true Burnout. It would be like changing Halo or some other established series.

EA should have just branched Burnout into two different franchises. We are left with no true arcade car racer.
Old 11-08-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
I'm the opposite, I tried some of the previous game and they just didn't make it for me. Paradise is the first game I really like.
I liked the Burnout formula before, but I can't go back and play the older ones now. They really hit the right mix of Burnout and sandbox games with this one and it is the perfect arcade racer for me. Especially with all the DLC they have added to it.
Old 11-09-08, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by thelwig14
I have no problem with Paradise because it has a market...but it isn't true Burnout. It would be like changing Halo or some other established series.

EA should have just branched Burnout into two different franchises. We are left with no true arcade car racer.
Good example. It would be like if Bungie turned Halo 3 into a third person squad based shooter. Sure it may have turned out to be a solid game, but it's not the game consumers that helped build the franchise asked for.
Old 11-10-08, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Bragging is "the point"... I mean, when you beat someone's Road Rule, what's the point there either? It's all about bragging...
Oh... I'm 2 trophy's away from 100%...

This might help you... reversing counts toward your goal too...
Just find a section that has a lot of billboards and ramps... I start at the section to the East of the Lone Ranch (straight section under the train bridge)... 2 super jumps, 2 billboards right there... then off to the right, in the "shipping yard" there are more billboards and superjumps to score big on...

Thanks for the tip, I was actually able to get the stunts near the bridge done. The ones further away dont give enough time to make it to the bridge. I truly hate these stunts. You dont win a car by doing them all so Im not going to bother, they just arent fun.

I saw a car faq I have to 'Beat 2 sets of the Online Challenges' for the Ubershcall, how do I do that? Do I just go online and challenge someone with a race or do I need friends to do this? Everyone I know just plays XBox
Old 11-10-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Thanks for the tip, I was actually able to get the stunts near the bridge done. The ones further away dont give enough time to make it to the bridge. I truly hate these stunts. You dont win a car by doing them all so Im not going to bother, they just arent fun.

I saw a car faq I have to 'Beat 2 sets of the Online Challenges' for the Ubershcall, how do I do that? Do I just go online and challenge someone with a race or do I need friends to do this? Everyone I know just plays XBox
Its the group challenges. The Freeburn ones are the easiest. The way I did it was host the game and as soon as someone joined locked game to invite only. If you have someone decent you can start the 2 player freeburn challenges until you finish them. As soon as that is done unlock the room until a third person joins and then lock it again and try and do all the 3 person challenges. I found that the easiest to unlock the Uber Carbon.
Old 11-10-08, 03:08 PM

Aw man, I have to finish ALL of the 2 AND 3 person challenges? That sucks. Can I do it with a friend instead of creating a new game and hoping someone joins me?

Next question, is someone here willing to be my friend and help me earn the Uber real quick? Id hate to inconvenience someone but it would be appreciated.
Old 11-10-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you on PS3 or 360? I still need a few 2 and 3 person challenges too.
Old 11-10-08, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Are you on PS3 or 360? I still need a few 2 and 3 person challenges too.
Ps3 man. Let me guess, youre 360, everyone I know is!

edit, yup just saw your gamertag
Old 11-10-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

bummer.
Old 11-11-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Good example. It would be like if Bungie turned Halo 3 into a third person squad based shooter. Sure it may have turned out to be a solid game, but it's not the game consumers that helped build the franchise asked for.
I respect what Paradise is, but it isn't for me. I'm still waiting for the next true Burnout myself.
Old 11-11-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder If they'll ever be back to the old formula.
Old 11-11-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by Raul3
I wonder If they'll ever be back to the old formula.
That'd be a great idea, as a placeholder for their next big sandbox Burnout.
Old 11-11-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
That'd be a great idea, as a placeholder for their next big sandbox Burnout.
That would be clever if Paradise sales had blown Revenge out of the water, but that's not the case. So far it is doing better, but not by much. Plus you have to figure Revenge sales were partially crippled by being released so late in the Xbox life cycle. Then when it finally gets released on 360 it's not a true next gen effort, which also works against it.

However, I doubt we'll see a true Burnout ever again.
Old 11-11-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Or an RTS. Er, wait...

Just playing, I know that's a spinoff and not a main game, but still
Old 11-11-08, 04:38 PM

Question, I have 10 Stunts left undone (Im doing the rest of the 52 events I gotta get on elite). Will I get all the cars if I dont do them?
Old 11-13-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question, I have 10 Stunts left undone (Im doing the rest of the 52 events I gotta get on elite). Will I get all the cars if I dont do them?
I don't think you'll have to do all 10 but you might have to do 3 or 4. I forget how many events I had left when I unlocked the last car, but I know for sure that you don't need to finish every single event to unlock all the cars. Completing all the events just unlocks...
Spoiler:
the Gold paint scheme
Old 11-13-08, 05:31 PM

Ahh, well thats good to know. I did finish about 5 more stunts so that maye be enough. Im actually having more trouble with the races Theyre too long sometimes and I hate racing to the observatory.
Old 11-14-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
You evidently didn't see the hovercar capabilities of this DLC, did you?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...1/hovercar.jpg

I personally don't mind paying for content that I might want, and especially since Criterion has provided so much FREE content since the game came out.
That is cool. And I'm guessing that we might see a Knight Rider-esque car, and the Joystiq people hinted that one might be like a Tumbler from Batman.
Old 11-17-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahh, well thats good to know. I did finish about 5 more stunts so that maye be enough. Im actually having more trouble with the races Theyre too long sometimes and I hate racing to the observatory.
If you're having trouble with the races... here's a little tip: use the Carson Inferno Van or the Hunter Takedown 4x4. Your competition will all be the same class of vehicle. They may handle like crap, but they're not exactly fast... you can basically just plow through the traffic and very rarely get wrecked. Just remember to save a little boost until the finish line is near. Even if you're not leading the whole way, you can usually just blast by the competition at the last second. I hardly ever lost a race using either of those two vehicles... (as a matter of fact you can pretty much use those two vehicles for everything except the stunt runs. If your mainly concerned with completing all the events, it makes the game incredibly simple IMO).
Old 11-17-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nice tip, I've got like 83 more events to complete before I get my Elite License.
Old 11-19-08, 11:25 AM

Since The Island update been advertised since last spring. Does anyone have a clear release date when it will come out?
Old 11-19-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

all they've said is "2009". They better release it soon if they want anyone to even buy the DLC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.