Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The XBLA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Element, I played for 6 hours and only got to level 15 (out of 50). Beat the first "Boss" out of like 6 or so. AND I've completed the game twice on the DS before, so I'm just "buzzing" through it, to give you a bit of comparison.

It will take you a while to do everything. Or just complete the main quest, if that's more your cuppa.
Old 10-12-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Pinata. When playing normal RPG's, I am the type to do all of the side quests and exploring to go along with the main quest. Looking forward to downloading the full version once I get home from work.
Old 10-12-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Is there offline multiplayer for PQ, if so, how does it work?

I don't do all the side quests, especially the "you didn't know you were supposed to travel the whole world to pick up the feathers hidden in each scene" type, but I like having side quests in there for me to choose to do.
Old 10-14-07, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Very happy with dropping some points on Puzzle Quest. What a fun and addicting game.

Dugog is hard as a bitch though, but his ass will soon be mine
Old 10-14-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've found those "Troll Rings" to easily be the best accessory so far. I've been able to beat bosses and capture cities that I don't think I couldn't of done without the regen those rings offer.
Old 10-15-07, 11:12 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two games for Wed: Every Extend Extra Extreme and Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, 800 points each.

“Every Extend Extra Extreme” from Q Entertainment is a frenetic race for survival. With 100 times more enemies and chain reactions than its predecessor, the objective of this unique action-packed shooter is to set off a chain reaction to wipe out enemies and collect the items they leave behind to extend the game. The game features five distinct game modes including Main mode, Wiz Ur Muzik mode, VS mode, Time Attack Mode and a genuine shooting mode. In Wiz Ur Muzik mode, players can customize the gameplay experience using their favorite music.

· For more details on “Every Extend Extra Extreme,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/e/e4...de/default.htm

Bitmap Brothers and Empire Interactive are bringing back the futuristic sports game “Speedball™ 2: Brutal Deluxe,” now updated for Xbox LIVE Arcade. Play the fast-paced, brutal game with its classic 2-D graphics or go full on with the newly enhanced high definition 3-D visuals. Smash your way to the top of the league in the solo game or go head-to-head locally or on Xbox LIVE. The game features 32 teams, four leagues, cup and knockout competitions, team enhancements, management and training options, and Ranked Preset or Ranked Career games.

· For more details on “Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sp...de/default.htm

Last edited by Flay; 10-15-07 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-15-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
No prices?
Old 10-15-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Speedball is listed at 800 on the main site. Nothing for E4...
Old 10-15-07, 11:27 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Sorry, I meant to include that in the original post.

Also, there was some Lumines stuff in the email. They are finally discounting the ridiculously overpriced basic game:

Don’t miss out on new downloadable content for “Lumines Live!,” including “Heavenly Star” and “Breeze” Skins which will be available for free to all Xbox LIVE Gold Members from Wednesday, October 17th through Wednesday, November 14th. Or download the “Rockin’ Holiday Pack” for “Lumines Live!” for 400 Microsoft Points. Plus, starting Wednesday, October 17th at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT), the Standard Edition will be available permanently at a discounted price of 800 Microsoft Points! For more details please visit www.xbox.com/livearcade.
Old 10-15-07, 11:43 AM
Mok

I love Lumines great news.
Old 10-15-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know what happened to Hoopworld? (I think it was called that...it was Hoopsomething...) It was one of the first XBLA games hyped/announced, but never released.
Old 10-15-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Does anyone know what happened to Hoopworld? (I think it was called that...it was Hoopsomething...) It was one of the first XBLA games hyped/announced, but never released.
In one of the latests OXM issues, someone asked that question in the letters column, and they talked to the developer who said that they're still working on it. So at least it's not cancelled yet. If you want, i can dig up the issue later and tell you exactly what was said.
Old 10-15-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mok
I love Lumines great news.
Worst points I've ever spent. I kinda dug the demo, but I just can't get into the full game and I love puzzle games.
Old 10-15-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Speedball is listed at 800 on the main site. Nothing for E4...
E4 is also going to be 800 points.
Old 10-15-07, 02:22 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Just tossed some screenshots of both new games up on the news page: http://www.videogametalk.com/news.php

EEEE looks alot like Geometry Wars.
Old 10-15-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
EEEE looks alot like Geometry Wars.
It doesn't play like it at all, though. It's not really a shooter. It's more of a "suicide bomber" sort of mechanics; kind of with puzzle elements built in. It's pretty fun in short bursts, at least on the PSP. Still, I doubt I'll buy the XBLA version unless the demo's really cool.
Old 10-17-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Anyone get either of the new games today? Impressions?

I'm thinking about finally picking up Lumines. I've never even dl'ed the demo since I have both PSP games but price drop 800 points might convince me (if you get enough of a game, I hear it's kinda worthless without the add-on packs).

Last edited by Decker; 10-17-07 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-18-07, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I didn't like neither one of them. I didn't really understand EEE and I'm not into football-type games.

I've been playing PQ like crazy. I had a level 19 knight that almost got their behind whipped by a level 11 Wizard on an online battle, so out of shame I started a wizard like 2 days ago and I'm up to level 14. 508 more experience points and I get to level 15 = my most favorite spell of them all, flaming skulls. Turns blue gems into red and green gems into skulls. Very easy to get 4 of a kind that way. I'm doing instant battles now. With the knight I was selective in which areas I upped, with this one I'm doing all of them evenly, so that with 1 more point every area will be at a 5 except battle which is a 6.
Old 10-18-07, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In Puzzle quest, it makes no sense to spend your level points in anything that costs more than a 1. You can spend money to up your other stats at the temple, once you buy that (2 stats per level). Also, you can get crazy money and experience rather easily early on by "farming catapults". One of the first quests you can do is to destroy a catapult, which only gives you 80-120 XP and gold, but then when you get the reward, you'll get an additional 200XP and gold. It's a great way to boost yourself up in the beginning.
Old 10-18-07, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

E4 looks and plays crazy. I'll definitely be picking this one up soon when I've got more time to play it. I watched a buddy play the demo last night and he got over 400 million in about 10 minutes. This was the first time he'd ever played the game, so he didn't even have a good strategy. It looks kind of like a mix between Geo.Wars and Space Giraffe, but obviously plays very different than both of them. I also love the fact that you can play to your own music.
Old 10-18-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Shagrath
E4 looks and plays crazy. I'll definitely be picking this one up soon when I've got more time to play it. I watched a buddy play the demo last night and he got over 400 million in about 10 minutes.
I was reminded yet again last night of how far ahead MS is in this d/l arena. I hopped on PSN to download a demo of Everyday Shooter since it is getting a bunch of buzz and guess what? No demo. No sale. Wrong thread I know, but I also know there is some spill-over of 'talkers between platforms. What the fuck is up with not offering demos for the smaller 'arcade' titles on PSN? God it's frustrating. There's 3-4 I want to check out, but not buying outright without trying them first.

I will be d/l the demo to E4 later today to check it out.
Old 10-18-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Try youtube to see if you find a video. I do that for all games I want to buy.
Old 10-18-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Playing the E4 demo I can't say the gameplay is especially compelling. I think if I gave it more of a chance, I could get into it, but it just isn't grabbing me. It's nice to look at though.

I have to give Puzzle Quest another shot with all the raves from this thread.
Old 10-18-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Try youtube to see if you find a video. I do that for all games I want to buy.
Watching a game ≠ Playing a game
Old 10-18-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I was reminded yet again last night of how far ahead MS is in this d/l arena. I hopped on PSN to download a demo of Everyday Shooter since it is getting a bunch of buzz and guess what? No demo. No sale. Wrong thread I know, but I also know there is some spill-over of 'talkers between platforms. What the fuck is up with not offering demos for the smaller 'arcade' titles on PSN? God it's frustrating. There's 3-4 I want to check out, but not buying outright without trying them first.

I will be d/l the demo to E4 later today to check it out.
I agree, PSN should give demos for all their downloadable games, ESPECIALLY the downloadable games.

Having said that, Everyday Shooter is great, and more fun than E4.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.