Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bioshock is out - Let's Discuss!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, where the hell is the telekinesis plasmid at? BTW, I love this game. Can't wait for the wife to go to bed and work tomorrow is going to suck because I'm going to be soo tired.
Old 08-21-07, 08:40 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Ok, where the hell is the telekinesis plasmid at? BTW, I love this game. Can't wait for the wife to go to bed and work tomorrow is going to suck because I'm going to be soo tired.
It's in the Dental area of the Medical Pavilion. Head down the set of stairs nearby after Atlas tells you you need telekinesis.

Melt the ice and continue.
Old 08-21-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
It's in the Dental area of the Medical Pavilion. Head down the set of stairs nearby after Atlas tells you you need telekinesis.

Melt the ice and continue.
Hmmm... That's what I thought but I still don't see it. Would be much easier if I didn't have to stop every 10 seconds to throw the ball so the damn dog will let me play.
Old 08-21-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that I missed a Little Sister, but I don't know where. I was just coming back with the three pictures to meet up with Peach Wilkins, and I got a message saying that I didn't rescue a little sister and therefore it will be tough to get enough adam. But I could have sworn that I did rescue a little sister, and she left me a bear as a present. Anyone know what the hell I am talking about?

I am finished that section now and can go on, but I'd rather not if I didn't get the little sister. Is there a way to see how many little sisters you have saved? Or even some kind of section outline for the game? I don't really care about spoilers, I would just like to know about how far I am through the game.
Old 08-21-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my copy at Fry's here in Indianapolis about 3 hours ago. It was the last one they had in stock so I got lucky.

Out of all the people I've seen online who got the LE version I've only heard of one person whose Big Daddy figure wasn't broken in some way or another.

Now if only I could pull myself away from playing Persona 3 for 2 seconds to try it out.
Old 08-21-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I think that I missed a Little Sister, but I don't know where. I was just coming back with the three pictures to meet up with Peach Wilkins, and I got a message saying that I didn't rescue a little sister and therefore it will be tough to get enough adam. But I could have sworn that I did rescue a little sister, and she left me a bear as a present. Anyone know what the hell I am talking about?

I am finished that section now and can go on, but I'd rather not if I didn't get the little sister. Is there a way to see how many little sisters you have saved? Or even some kind of section outline for the game? I don't really care about spoilers, I would just like to know about how far I am through the game.
If you hit the start button it will show you, at the bottom of the screen, how many little sisters are in the area. The icon changes as you save them.
Old 08-21-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I applaud anyone playing this on hard. I have grown to somewhat dread the Big Daddy fights but I am thrilled when I win. My buddy came over while I was playing and he watched me try to take on a Big Daddy. After I failed I asked him if he wanted to try and he had no desire to be the one in the driver's seat. Normally he jumps at the chance to show me up.
Old 08-21-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Finally got a chance to open mine to see what piece was busted. The tip of the drill for me as well.
Mine too, but some Krazy Glue fixed it good enough where you can't even tell it was broken.

But much worse than that, the hub of the actual game disc was damaged enough where it looks like the two layers of plastic making up the disc are starting to peel from the inside, and it's dented and warped - the 360 recognizes the disc most of the time, but there's been a few trys where it hasn't. I hope Gamestop lets me exchange it tomorrow with no hassles. If they're sold out and can't exchange it then and there, I'm gonna raise some hell.
Old 08-21-07, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I'm loving this game so far. Definitely worth waiting for.

How is everyone taking on the Big Daddy's? Does it help at all to try and shoot the tanks on their back?

My first run in was successful but I burned a ton health and machine gun ammo.
Old 08-22-07, 12:15 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how SCARY would you guys rate this game? Scarier than Condemned? Not that scary?
Old 08-22-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I'm loving this game so far. Definitely worth waiting for.

How is everyone taking on the Big Daddy's? Does it help at all to try and shoot the tanks on their back?

My first run in was successful but I burned a ton health and machine gun ammo.
I've aimed for the packs and it seemed to do very little. Then again I have a hard time watching my health, firing a weapon, using my plasmids and running like a little bitch all at once so I may of not been paying enough attention to its health.
Old 08-22-07, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
how SCARY would you guys rate this game? Scarier than Condemned? Not that scary?
Way less scary than Condemned. I'd say about as scary as RE4.
Old 08-22-07, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
<- Sucker who played full price for regular version at Best Buy this evening. Maybe they'll price match Fry's?
Old 08-22-07, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My Big Daddy came in entirely intact, tip and all. Only got a chance to spend about 45 minutes to an hour with the game (I'm only a little past where the demo ends), but I've really enjoyed what I've played thus far.
Old 08-22-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The last one. It is moody and has a very creepy atmosphere but I haven't had any truly scary moments.
Old 08-22-07, 07:09 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It's not scary in the way that it's survival horror, but it is truly creepy and parts will probably make your skin crawl. It's scarier before you get a lot of plasmids and weapons, but even later in the game there are moments that you just wish you could get through with your eyes closed.
Old 08-22-07, 07:24 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

<----- My face looked like that the entire time.
Old 08-22-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When I am playing, my skin constantly has goosebumps. It's very creepy.
Old 08-22-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Creepy more than scary. I beat the doctor in the medical labs and met my first little sister. Great game so far.
Old 08-22-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm enjoying the game, but I hate the hacking mini-game. The harder ones seem like trial-and-error. I end up surrounded by the 'blow up' tiles a lot.
Old 08-22-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
If you hit the start button it will show you, at the bottom of the screen, how many little sisters are in the area. The icon changes as you save them.
Thanks, I'll have to check that when I get home. If I did miss a little sister, can I go back and get her, if I advanced to the next section? And I mean, post cut scene?
Old 08-22-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gromit
I'm enjoying the game, but I hate the hacking mini-game. The harder ones seem like trial-and-error. I end up surrounded by the 'blow up' tiles a lot.
There are a couple I did that there was no way that I could have beaten, since the first square went straight into an explosion square.

Those hacking games are pretty boring after awhile. I wish there was more variety in them.
Old 08-22-07, 08:16 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
<- Sucker who played full price for regular version at Best Buy this evening. Maybe they'll price match Fry's?
Probably not, since Fry's is unadvertised, but they should at least price match Circuit City, which is $10 off.
Old 08-22-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by movieking
Thanks, I'll have to check that when I get home. If I did miss a little sister, can I go back and get her, if I advanced to the next section? And I mean, post cut scene?
Not sure if you can go back once you have moved on without replaying everything from that point but I have noticed if you encounter a big daddy/little sister and she makes it to her hole before you take down the big daddy you can find her later if you continue roaming the board.
Old 08-22-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it necessary to save/harvest all of the little sisters to complete the game, or does it just make it easier?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.