Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Devil May Cry 4 coming to PC, 360, and PS3

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Just picked this up for $40. Anyway the install was long but I didn't mind. Gave me time to take a shower and read up on all the little messages the game had. I have no idea what is going on. All I know is Dante comes in and kills people or monsters and the Neo guy (I guess he is the one) fights him. There is a demon attack, bet you didn't see that coming, and the neo guy is fighting off the hoard.

Now I am fighting some fire guy that looks like he is half of a horse. The guy keeps getting the better of me but I know I can beat him. Just need to zig and zag and pow pow some more.

So far the game is just ok. It didn't grab me from the start like God of War but maybe it will get better. A big part of it might be because I don't really like this neo guy. I keep hoping Kratos will pop out to kill him.

At this point I will call this a rental or wait until it is $29.
Old 03-08-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Just picked this up for $40. Anyway the install was long but I didn't mind. Gave me time to take a shower and read up on all the little messages the game had. I have no idea what is going on. All I know is Dante comes in and kills people or monsters and the Neo guy (I guess he is the one) fights him. There is a demon attack, bet you didn't see that coming, and the neo guy is fighting off the hoard.

Now I am fighting some fire guy that looks like he is half of a horse. The guy keeps getting the better of me but I know I can beat him. Just need to zig and zag and pow pow some more.

So far the game is just ok. It didn't grab me from the start like God of War but maybe it will get better. A big part of it might be because I don't really like this neo guy. I keep hoping Kratos will pop out to kill him.

At this point I will call this a rental or wait until it is $29.
His name is Nero dude The game definetly gets better, especially when you get control of Dante. Nero's actions i find to simplistic, his combos dont take too much skill in putting them together. Now with Dante you can let your skills be shown, he has a buttload of moves. Story is cool, cinematics are fun, boss fights are cool but you basically fight the same bosses almost 3 times each through out the game. Better than what i thought it would be, but i still think DMC3 is better, and the first being the best.

Last edited by thegame370; 03-08-08 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-09-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Neo Nero whatever. The real question I need answered is is Gloria wearing underwear. And isn't she cold in that outfit. Also after Neo oh sorry Nero took the nakid girl demon off the toad it went into his hand. What is he going to do with a nakid girl demon in his hand? This game went from girls dress head to toe to girls dressed to nearly nothing to girls dressed in nothing.

Got to admit the game has gotten more fun. Just wish I knew if Gloria had on undies or not. I'm not sure if I can continue playing without knowing. I'm nude as write this by the way.
Old 03-10-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Finally opened my copy and played it. I played DMC 1, skipped 2, bought but never got around to 3, and so decided to have a go at 4. I'm impressed, it feels very polished, both in graphics and gameplay. I thought playing as a non-Dante-character (that looks a lot like Dante) would be crappy, but Nero is a good addition... I like that he's not just another whiny kid, and that his skills are much different... and just as soon as you get used to him, you switch over to Dante.

I also really like the level select feature, the option to view any cinematic that you've already seen (seriously, why don't all games have this by now?), and the fact that you can sell back skills for the same amount you bought them... now I can try skills out without agonizing about having to optimize. Of course, now I agonize whether to use my items, since the costs go up as you buy more of them...

I did get lost a few times... most notably when the level doesn't end after a boss fight. They give you a hint where to go, but 1) I have to remember where that is and 2) I could've sworn the dialogue said he was going to report back to base... so I trudged all the way to the beginning, just to trudge all the way back. Ugh. I also don't like that getting achievements on one tier of the game doesn't unlock the achievements for the lower tiers... so I have to go play normal mode anyway. Difficulty on the second tier seems pretty good... not overly easy, where you're just mashing buttons, but not frustratingly hard, and you can always go mine for orbs to get more abilities/items first. And so it saves the harder difficulty levels for after you're used to the game, which is great for a guy like me who gets frustrated at stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black, puts it down, and then never really picks it back up. I'll probably actually finish this game, at least on one mode.

I guess it's more of the same as DMC3, though I wouldn't know first hand... and yes, I got it on the 360 for the achievements (though the PS3 has them too) and so it wouldn't bloat my hard drive.
Old 03-11-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just wanted 2 add something about what kinda bothers me about this game, the achievements. I find them a bit difficult to achieve, i mean not that it has to be easy like some other games, but come on, they kind of went over board here. Most of the achievements come from completing stages in the bloody palace, and thats only about 10pts for every 10 stages you beat. Im not going to get into it about the whole list of achievements and how much each are worth, but i know those of you who have it know what im talking about. I mean i finished the game so far on two difficulty levels, played some bloody palace and have only 170/1000 points, wtf!!!
Old 03-24-08, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
$40 @ Frys for those with them in town.
Old 03-24-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
$40 @ Frys for those with them in town.
Thanks, I'm going to head there after work this morning. I hope I can snag a 360 copy.
Old 03-24-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Np, just to warn though - it was for the San Jose Fry's and I'm not sure how many stores are actually honoring the price. Call ahead if ya can.

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/...20600238&type=
Old 04-23-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

help. i'm on the tutorial and i'm already stuck.
how do you execute the "high roller" attack?
it says "press RB + back on LS + Y"
what the hell does this mean???

LS means to press down on the LS joystick?
Do you press all 4 buttons at the same time?
Old 04-23-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by timewaster
help. i'm on the tutorial and i'm already stuck.
how do you execute the "high roller" attack?
it says "press RB + back on LS + Y"
what the hell does this mean???

LS means to press down on the LS joystick?
Do you press all 4 buttons at the same time?
Holding RB puts you in lock-on mode.

Pull back on the left stick - as in, away from the enemy (should be down most of the time) and press Y.

It's basically back + Y while locked on.
Old 07-09-08, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm finally getting around to playing this and I really like it. The cinematics are nice and I was never a fan. After getting my ass handed to me in Ninja Gaiden this game is a nice change of pace.
Old 10-17-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I found this used for $15 and it's gorgeous game. But right now I'm getting my ass kicked by one particular boss. This game went from kinda fun and pretty, to I hate this game but I'll keep trying at least it's still pretty.

God damn Japanese game companies and their difficult Boss levels.
Old 01-05-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked this up for $20 over the weekend. Its my first DMC, but I am enjoying it so far. I like the hidden missions. They seem to be a good place to practice and pick up more rewards.
Old 01-26-09, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Devil May Cry 4 coming to PC, 360, and PS3

Just finished this one up. Game was pretty enjoyable except i hated that they gave most of the game to Nero and Dante only gets a few missions
The upgrades in this game are insane.

If there's a DMC5 i hope they feature Dante and do away with Nero. He's a much better character and controls more naturally.
Old 01-26-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I stopped playing when i had to fight Dante for the second time. I was ready to throw my controller through the tv.
Old 01-27-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I fond this game only moderately difficult. (Well, the hidden missions are a whole other story.) If this game is too much for you, avoid like the plague the original release of Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. The Special Edition of that same game on the other hand is easier than DMC4.
Old 10-16-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Just finished replaying this [normal] . Damn them and their SECRET MISSIONS, BLOODY PALACE's, a shit load of Red & Proud Orbs needed. Yeah basically need to play this game on the other 3 difficulties and more to try to get some achievements. Will play it again before the next one [Bring on DMC5!].
Old 10-17-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Just finished replaying this [normal] . Damn them and their SECRET MISSIONS, BLOODY PALACE's, a shit load of Red & Proud Orbs needed. Yeah basically need to play this game on the other 3 difficulties and more to try to get some achievements. Will play it again before the next one [Bring on DMC5!].

Blah blah good for you.

You sound like me in the Bayonetta thread.

Old 10-17-10, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Blah blah good for you.

You sound like me in the Bayonetta thread.

Oh great... need to play that soon.
Old 10-17-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Oh great... need to play that soon.

If you do you'll wonder why DMC couldn't have been as fun.
Old 10-17-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey!, I had fun with DMC.
Old 10-17-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

DMC is fun but the 28 minutes I played of Bayonetta before my PS3 died far surpassed it.

Sadly, the plots sucks just as bad, if not worse.
Old 10-21-10, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
DMC is fun but the 28 minutes I played of Bayonetta before my PS3 died far surpassed it.

Sadly, the plots sucks just as bad, if not worse.
Bayonetta has a plot?
Old 03-23-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition' Will Have Five Playable Characters When It Comes to the PS4, Xbox One, & PC

While Capcom has already made everyone aware of the development of 'Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition,' the devil is in the details. Namely, not only will this new version feature classic Dante, Nero and Virgil as playable, but also Trish (in Dante's missions) and Lady (in Nero's missions). In addition, this PS4, Xbox One, and PC version of the game will feature the Legendary Dark Knight mode.

As for playing as Vergil, Game Director Hideaki Itsuno had this to share, "We've also added in a brand new 'Concentration' mechanic, which complements Vergil’s signature 'iaijutsu' fighting style, making his attacks grow stronger and stronger the more calmly and flawlessly he fights. Additionally, the 'Grim Trick' ability, which allows Vergil to teleport using his 'Sword Illusions,' makes for an action experience that will feel new and distinctly different from that of Nero or Dante."

In contrast t what series' fans are used to, Lady has a gun first fighting style, while Trish is all about using her Sparda sword in multiple ways.

The console versions are promised as being 1080p at 60 fps, and will be offered as downloadable titles this summer. Other changes promised for the game include texture updates, balancing, new costumes, and skins.

<iframe width="660" height="371" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FvcXsbX6Dnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-23-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Meh. Looks like the same exact game but with a few extra playable characters. Shame because a story expansion could really have benefitted the game's flimsy narrative. I'll pass for now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.