Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's getting Crackdown today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Driving is not much fun...at least when trying to actually get somewhere. You can pass right by where you need to be a million times for drive in circles trying to actually find the proper spot. And the roof races...yeah there is an arrow on the bottom of the spot pointing you to your next direction but they don't disengage other roof/car races so sometimes I have walked into a brand new green roof race beginning when I was trying to get to the next point in the current one I am doing.

Collecting those orbs can be very gratifying though.
I've just started playing this game and it is really fun. Paper thin, but I'm glad there is no real plot. This feels more like a toy than a game, but in a good way.

The driving had pissed me off so much, that I just opt to run around. I'm guessing the controls get better as you complete trails, but I don't have the patience for it.

They should really have a mode in this game where you could make your own rooftop races.
Old 12-04-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I was lent this game for about a week in the spring. I want to pick it up again once I see it for $20 or less.
Old 12-04-07, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I was lent this game for about a week in the spring. I want to pick it up again once I see it for $20 or less.
Currently $19.99 used at Gamestop
Old 04-17-08, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
This game is so much fun. I just picked it up recently at Target for $15, and I am glad I did. I have already taken out two of the gangs including all the mini-bosses. I'm about to start the third section. I collected about 300 agility orbs, and 75 hidden orbs.

The driving is pretty pointless to me. It's frustrating trying to beat an 8 minute race, and then not making it. I don't want to have to repeat tasks that long, but driving for no reason is fun. The speed is cool. I'm only at 2 stars for it though. I bet 4 star driving is great. I'm at 4 stars for agility and strength. Only 3 stars for weapons. I can't believe I'm not at 4 stars for that though. Explosives only 2 as well. The only reason I even have that high is because of the rocket launcher.

Overall very fun. I will never try to collect all the orbs though, I can't imagine how long it would take me, especially since the agility orbs seem to be low and I love jumping up rooftops. The base jumping achievement was really cool.
Old 04-17-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very strange that this was bumped today of all days. I put in Crackdown earlier this evening after not having touched it in weeks and when it went to load, I got a pop-up that said something like "Save file damaged" and then my 360 locked up. Did it again and the same thing happened.

Not very happy about it--I think I had collected around 430 of the 500 agility orbs and maybe around half of the hidden orbs. I'm not wanting to start all of those over again.
Old 04-17-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
Fun indeed. Though, like you, I will likely not collect all the orbs, I've got enough to make it fun just jumping from building to building firing rockets or tossing grenades. I haven't done any of the driving missions, though I do pick up cars just to drive around maniacally and terrifying the innocent citizenry.
Old 04-17-08, 11:20 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man I wish they would come out with 2......not an all time great game, but way more fun then it should have been...
Old 04-17-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Loved this game -- criminally underrated in my opinion. Nothing like jumping from building to building and throwing bricks and barrels at unsuspecting gang members down on the street below.

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Man I wish they would come out with 2......not an all time great game, but way more fun then it should have been...
My wife became addicted to this game when we got it, and ended up e-mailing the developers and asked if they were doing a sequel. They responded saying they had "closed the book on Crackdown"

Last edited by ultimaton; 04-18-08 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fun game, reminded me a bit of the Syndicate games.
Old 04-18-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
I just popped this in the other day, haven't played it in months. I have 499 Agility Orbs. Spent about 15 minutes hoping I'd get lucky finding the one. Ended up just wreaking havoc on the pedestrians and cops with the Firefly.
Old 04-18-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a benefit to getting the -- ranking in stars? I have it for Strength, and I'm working on it for agility, but will it make me jump any higher, like hitting a star level does?
Old 04-19-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by atxbomber
My wife became addicted to this game when we got it, and ended up e-mailing the developers and asked if they were doing a sequel. They responded saying they had "closed the book on Crackdown"
I don't get that at all. The game seems so simple, and I wouldn't want much more in a sequel. At least Crackdown is a good game to just pop in and play for 20 mins, so it has that going for it.
Old 04-19-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the developers are currently working on APB aren't they?
Old 04-19-08, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah. APB looks like hot business.
Old 04-19-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Is there a benefit to getting the -- ranking in stars? I have it for Strength, and I'm working on it for agility, but will it make me jump any higher, like hitting a star level does?
Yes. Every stat you level up increases your effectiveness as an agent.

Strength - Can pick up heavier objects
Agility - Can jump higher and farther
Explosives - I believe do more damage(?)
Firearms - I believe do more damage(?)
Driving - Changes your car into a better version of that car.
Old 04-20-08, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Right, but what I'm saying is, is there a point to get getting the --. If I already have 4 stars is there a point in maxing?
Old 04-20-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe there is an achievement for getting all stats to --. You may want to check an achievement list though, it has been a long time since i have played the game.
Old 04-20-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right, but what I'm saying is, is there a point to get getting the --. If I already have 4 stars is there a point in maxing?
Oh.. I misunderstood your question. No, the only reason to go past the 4-Star to the -- is for the achievement.
Old 04-20-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a way to get to the top of the final boss' skyscraper? I get right to the section before the top, but I can't seem to get all the way up there. I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time trying.

I was hoping that I just needed that little extra from the --, but I guess that's not going to happen.
Old 04-21-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I beat it. Killed every boss and have 4 stars in everything except driving. I have about 450 green orbs and 100 secret orbs. I don't think I will be wandering for those last 250 orbs.

However I do want to get the fourth star in driving. I see it taking me a while unfortunately. Oh well. very fun game. The Firely weapon is incredibly fun.
Old 04-21-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
However I do want to get the fourth star in driving. I see it taking me a while unfortunately.
Head to Muertos with an Agency car. Hop out and start blasting gang members with the Firefly. Once they call a Hit Squad hop in your car and start mowing them down with your car.

Or

Take the buggy out on the beach and rack up points doing stunts.
Old 04-22-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm, good idea. I'll give that a shot.
Old 04-22-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Is there a way to get to the top of the final boss' skyscraper? I get right to the section before the top, but I can't seem to get all the way up there. I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time trying.

I was hoping that I just needed that little extra from the --, but I guess that's not going to happen.
I definitely remember approaching it from the outside, since you end up in a courtyard. That level was probably the only bad part of the entire game: way too long and complicated for what it was.
Old 04-23-08, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I mean get to the top by climbing from the outside all the way up the side. I made it to the courtyard by going inside the building, and I killed him. However, before I was attempting that I was trying to scale the skyscraper, and I just couldn't make it the final portion. I'm wondering if that was intentional by the design team.
Old 04-23-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm usually not scared of heights but I always get a little bit of vertigo and I feel like I'm going to slip and fall if I'm high up on something that's not very sturdy. Crackdown was one of the first games where I got that feeling when I did the base jump off the tallest building.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.