Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's getting Crackdown today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeandTide
OK, I've only played this game for a few minutes and I already need some advice. When I first exit the garage, should I drive straight to the shoot-out, or should I stop my car and wander around, looking for stuff to collect?

I'm pretty methodical when it comes to gameplay (I scoured every inch of space looking for action figures in Marvel, for example) so I tend to linger. Good idea in Crackdown or should I be taking care of business?
It's a matter of preference, but if you liked collecting the figures in UA, I would imagine you'll be similarly addicted by the agility and hidden orbs.

I collected a ton of agility and hidden orbs first so that I was better in combat and it made some of the bosses less frustrating. The absolute first thing I would recommend is to go find all of the savepoints though, I think they're listed on the map from the beginning. You can respawn from any of those hotspots and you can collect the orbs while finding the savepoints. That would be my first recommendation.
Old 05-21-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Also, starting out, your gun choices are limited. When you find a weapon you like, exit whatever battle you are in(it will be there when you get back) and go to a check point. Once you do that it saves that gun in your arsenal so that anytime you spawn you can then start out with that weapon.

As for that shootout right outside the first tunnel, skip it. I believe they just keep coming back until you take out that first boss under the overpass.
Old 05-21-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm about done with the Confiscator achievement, and just need the Los Muertos Pickup and Lowrider. Anyone know where these are located *WITHOUT* resetting gangs? I'm not ready to reset everything until I've finished up all of the driving/rooftop races and finished collecting all the orbs.
Old 05-21-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

See, those are the exact two I was missing until I reset gangs. I wandered around Muertos for about 2 hours prior to resetting. Good luck.

Oh, I also got my 'Repo Man' (stealing gang members cars) achievement after resetting gangs. A WHOLE LOT easier than the "crimes on" mode before.

So resetting definitely helps with some achievements and gets in the way of others.
Old 05-24-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally got mine in yesterday from the Amazon DOTD. Holy crap is this game addictive. I can't really sit through GTA:SA for more than about 10 minutes, but I played Crackdown for about 4 hours last night. Completely awesome. Even more fun IMO than the Halo 3 Beta.
Old 05-24-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

well, the Halo 3 beta is really nothing new
Old 05-24-07, 09:31 AM

This game seriously needs another island/gang to be released as an expansion.
Old 05-24-07, 09:33 AM

they seriously need to release some of those multiplayer game modes I've been hearing about, like rocket tag
Old 05-24-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

They're in there. Rocket Tag and Street Racing are a part of the recently released download content. Rocket Tag points are located in the boss hideouts.
Old 05-24-07, 10:02 AM

yea, but you can't play it with 4+ members online
Old 06-04-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, 2 Agility Orbs are keeping me from completing this game 100%.

What a pain. Anyone have any suggestions on their last few?
Old 06-05-07, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Well, 2 Agility Orbs are keeping me from completing this game 100%.

What a pain. Anyone have any suggestions on their last few?
Take look at a map online, and go to all those places. Listen for the orb sound. If it's anywhere close, you should hear it.

I'm down to one agility orb, and about 15 hidden orbs. I'm running thorugh a guide on the hidden orbs wit ha buddy, so hopefully I'll find that last agility orb during that run. Then it's just a couple rooftop races and that last road race (Alleys of the Den), and reset the gangs to get my last two cars for Confiscator, and I'm done.
Old 06-05-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Take look at a map online, and go to all those places. Listen for the orb sound. If it's anywhere close, you should hear it.
yeah, but there are 500. Actually did use it and have covered half of Volk. Long way to go though.
Old 06-05-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
yeah, but there are 500. Actually did use it and have covered half of Volk. Long way to go though.
It does take quite a while. I was going through the IGN guide for hidden orbs, and there are actually quite a few missing from that list. I got to the end and still needed about 20 or so. Kinda disappointing, to say the least. I'm going through off and on on another guide I found online which people say is more reliable now.
Old 06-05-07, 09:47 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I have all 500 agility orbs and 299 hidden orbs. I was able to find them myself, without the guide, as well as with friends kind of saying "hey, I found this orb. I'll wait here until you get here and see if you have it."

I cannot find my last hidden orb though. I've been all over the map. The new DLC did help me find more hidden orbs. Before the DLC, I had 21 left to find. I found 20 with the help of the more pronounced pinging sound.
Old 06-05-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Up until now I've found all 498 Agility on my own and roughly 240 hidden. I found a lot more hidden with the new sound effect.

My last hidden one was in the caves of the quarry on Volk.
Old 06-05-07, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone wanna play Rocket Tag with me? I downloaded the pack last night but haven't played it yet.

My tag: CookinBooks
Old 08-20-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to bring back this oldie, but I was curious if people still play online/co-op with this game? I am thinking about finally picking it up :P. I know I will have fun with the single player part of it taking down all the bosses and going for the orbs but would like to try some MP as well.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

MP is fun when you have two people starting out at the same level. Otherwise you have a coach and a trainee, "jump up to this ledge, what, you can't? try this one...not that one either? How about over here?" etc. Not very fun that way.
Old 08-23-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,348 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Just a heads-up -- checking CAG, I find that this is selling for $17.49 at CompUSA. That's a smoking price.

Crackdown on CompUSA.com

I ordered it for in-store pick up before scrolling down and finding the free shipping code for online ordering : ONCAMPUS

Personally, I almost finished that game with a rental months ago, but for that price, I'm happy to go back and finish off that last friggin' gang and continue my search for orbs.

Last edited by Decker; 08-23-07 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-23-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just finished the game. I maxed out the four star ratings, but I didn't hit the "--" achievement. After I finished the first time, I went back to get upgraded on my driving, since I didn't use transportation at all the first time around.

Definitely worth that price.
Old 08-23-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yep. I'm 1 orb away from being 100% complete, including the DLC.

There isn't a single DVDtalker from our group who has 100%. XShagrath and myself are tied at 1200.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 08-23-07 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-23-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Darn, it is sold out for online delivery and all of the stores near me have closed. :-( Used to have 3 within 30-40 miles of my house but all closed down this year.

Do you know of any store that would price match an online price?

EDIT- actually, I think my local Best Buy will price match it even though the closest CompUSA is 60 miles away now. Worth a shot I guess.
Thanks for the find!

Last edited by Gooter; 08-23-07 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,143 Likes on 697 Posts
I just started playing this last week and it is very addictive.

Couple of quick questions: I went ahead and downloaded the pay content as well as the 2 free downloads. So far it seems the only thing from the pay one was a "rockets match" that I can only play with a co-op partner? Did I just waste 800 points?

Am I retarded or is the map on the screen crap? Actually the large map in the pause menu sucks as well. And the roof racing/car racing checkpoints are awful. It just seems they could have at least put an arrow pointing you around for navigation for all of this.

Driving is not much fun...at least when trying to actually get somewhere. You can pass right by where you need to be a million times for drive in circles trying to actually find the proper spot. And the roof races...yeah there is an arrow on the bottom of the spot pointing you to your next direction but they don't disengage other roof/car races so sometimes I have walked into a brand new green roof race beginning when I was trying to get to the next point in the current one I am doing.

I know that is a lot of bitching but I am just wondering if it is just me or did others feel this way about the navigation? I never had this problem with GTA, NFS, or other games of this nature.

Collecting those orbs can be very gratifying though. I want to try to collect them all as well but I can see me missing quite a few once I get near the end of the game. Are they split up evenly between the 3 gang areas? I was going to try to find all of them in the current gang area as I finish each gang in succession (total of 3, right? And is the game over one you take out all 3?).
Old 12-04-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
So far it seems the only thing from the pay one was a "rockets match" that I can only play with a co-op partner? Did I just waste 800 points?
Not at all. Though it would've been a better idea to get it after you exhausted the game sans the download content.

In addition to more achievement points, here's what you get with the 800 point "Gettin' Busy" pack:

New Vehicles
Three new choices are now available in the Agency garage.

* Agency Buggy: The double wishbone suspension absorbs the bumps in spectacular fashion as it rides over anything—even when scaling near vertical surfaces. The roof-mounted, independently aiming mini-gun is activated with either B or the Left Bumper.
* Agency Racecar: This ridiculously powerful mono-cockpit race car has acceleration that blows away everything else in the city. With incredible grip and top speed, those road race leaderboard times are set to tumble!
* Agency Armored Vehicle: Like the Agency Truck, the AAV can smash through barricades with ease. Tank-like in design, occupants are completely protected from assault. It's surprisingly fast and agile for its size, and rockets are fired from an independently aiming main turret with either B or the Left Bumper.

Street Racing
Pacific City is finally free from crime. Agency activity is once again concealed behind closed doors. The remaining peacekeepers, having very little to do, quickly grew restless. To satisfy their lingering lust for danger, high risk Street Racing tournaments have been established across the city.

Compete in six different on and off road races across the city with six radically different vehicle options per circuit. Race against up to 11 other "do or die" opponents, including another player over Xbox LIVE®. Compare fastest race times as well as race wins for that session with your co-op "buddy." Post your fastest time per circuit to the online leaderboards. Take advantage of the world of Crackdown to win by any means necessary—create road blocks, hit gas tanks, or simply slam opponents into submission.

New Equipment
As if an Agent needed more ways to cause mayhem in Pacific City, even more weapons have been added to the already potent Agency arsenal.

Lock and load and take out criminals with these lethal new additions:

* MSK Lobber: Mini-rockets are thrown out from the rotating muzzle section before their boosters ignite and swarm towards their target. The homing mini-rockets are incredibly agile making this the ultimate fire-and-forget weapon.
* EX1 Proximity Charge: Similar to the standard issue Limpet Charge, these can be attached to any surface. A visible local field is generated when the charge is set. Enemy penetration of this field will result in detonation. In a bid to reduce the extensive civilian casualties lying in the wake of any crime fighting Agent, intelligent threat-sensing technology prevents the charge from detonating when a firearm is not detected. Unfortunately, the technology isn't quite intelligent enough to prevent detonation due to field penetration by another Agent.
* HRX Harpoon: This deadly gas-powered mechanism is capable of launching a lethal, razor-sharp spear over large distances with incredible accuracy. It can be used to ensure enemies "stick around" when you need them to, or to attach perps to their vehicle if you need to take them downtown … or around town.
* MZ360 Mini-Gun: The ultimate fast-firing projectile weapon, this new blaster takes some time to "spin-up" to full fire rate, but the devastation is incredible. It comes with a bountiful supply of high-caliber ammunition.
* VS1 Cloaking Device: This is the perfect device for the Agent that likes his action served psychotic, or for anyone that just needs to get under the radar from time to time. It renders you barely visible and off radar. The VS1 is fuelled by Agency suit armor—when depleted an Agent can find themselves distressingly vulnerable.

New Game Types
These new competitive game types will make sure that things never get boring in Pacific City.

* Max-Agility Rooftop Races: Compete solo or with two players in races across the city rooftops. There are nine new races in total, each with its own solo and co-op leaderboards. Four are with Los Muertos, three with The Volk, and The Shai-Gen play host to the remaining two. No, you won't need to complete these too for the existing "Over Our Heads" Achievement!
* Stockpile: Each district (including Agency Island) hosts a Stockpile game—clearly identified with its unique beacon. Stockpile can be played solo or in co-op. The aim is to collect all the game specific orbs (also marked on the tracker) in the fastest time. The best times are uploaded to the online leaderboards. Two players can work cooperatively to find all the orbs in the fastest possible time, or simply compete for the highest score when the time runs out. In the case of competitive play, it doesn't always pay to do the grunt work of collection—when an Agent is killed he drops a third of his spoils.
*Checkpoint Chase: This is a highly addictive two-player competitive game that makes the very most of the world of Crackdown. The game can only be initiated in one place—the Agency Garage. A random target destination is identified somewhere on the city, but is only marked on the tracker (not the map). The first person to reach the destination gains a point and activates the next checkpoint. The winner is the first to 10 points. Other than that, Checkpoint Chase has no rules!
* Rocket Tag: The ultimate competitive combat event! Each of the 21 gang boss lairs now also plays host to a game of Rocket Tag. When the game is activated the players are randomly assigned as "hunter" and "hunted." The hunter has a straight-shootin' "Hotshot" rocket launcher … and more ammo than he could ever need! The hunted has … a pistol. To win, the hunted player must avoid being caught in the blast of the rocket launcher for 60 seconds. Simple!

And more!

Last edited by slop101; 12-04-07 at 12:33 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.