Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's getting Crackdown today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Thanks to all of you for the folllow-up.

I went from the game not even being on my radar, to being on the fence, to now wanting to get it TODAY.

I may even hit a couple of you up for some co-op play eventually, too.

A shame more developers don't go the GOW route and caption all of the dialogue (even in-game). While I don't mind skipping through non-essential blather in games like Marvel: UA, I hate missing the cut-scene dialogue in other favorites of mine like R6: Vegas.
Add me to your friends list. I just got Crackdown myself and we'll probably be at similar points in the game. My gamertag is in my sig. The same goes for anyone else
Old 05-15-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,348 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by dancinns
My gamertag is in my sig. The same goes for anyone else
Their gamertag is in your sig as well?

Old 05-15-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
The one that gets to me is "I can see my house from here!" Really? From inside the agency garage?
Yeah the narrator should have gone through a bit more QA testing. I love the "blatant disregard for the innocent" line. Gets me every time.
Old 05-15-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dancinns
Add me to your friends list. I just got Crackdown myself and we'll probably be at similar points in the game. My gamertag is in my sig. The same goes for anyone else
I'll add you tonight when I get back on Live. My tag is Tuesday Weld.

Will pick up the game tomorrow on my way home from work and will message you so we can do some co-op.

Old 05-16-07, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Hmmm. I'll have to look again. If it was on the oil rig how'd you get it across the water?
Just have to carry it across via the pipes.

As for the other vehicles, I noticed after setting the gangs to resurrect, some places respawn various vehicles. The entrance to the agency tunnel in the Los Muertos area comes to mind. Most of the gang vehicles show up there every now and then.
Old 05-16-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by amped

As for the other vehicles, I noticed after setting the gangs to resurrect, some places respawn various vehicles. The entrance to the agency tunnel in the Los Muertos area comes to mind. Most of the gang vehicles show up there every now and then.
Cool. Thanks for the help.

I finally gave the street racing a try. Man those are difficult. Getting that Elite Racer Achievement will be a bitch.
Old 05-16-07, 08:21 AM

What did today's update do or fix?
Old 05-16-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's Amazon's Deal of the Day today. $46.99

I picked it up.
Old 05-16-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker
What did today's update do or fix?
Probably supposed to activate the Halo 3 beta, but it is currently not working.
Old 05-16-07, 09:08 AM

I'm now looking for my last agility orb so I'm guessing I should find it in the next month or so.
Old 05-16-07, 07:16 PM

now at $39.99 for amazon's Deal of the Day
Old 05-16-07, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I'm now looking for my last agility orb so I'm guessing I should find it in the next month or so.
I guess I got extremely lucky since I found it not long after I posted this. the funny thing was that it was on the rooftop that I have been on over 10 different times before. it wasn't there any of the other times since I was all over that roof and the fact that it was completely out in the open leads me to believe that these things just spawn at random times.
Old 05-16-07, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by cwispas
now at $39.99 for amazon's Deal of the Day
Ouch.

Figures that I'd read this thread again AFTER I tore open the copy I just bought at BB (where the bastards charged me $59.99 instead of the online price of $56.99).
Old 05-16-07, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Ouch.

Figures that I'd read this thread again AFTER I tore open the copy I just bought at BB (where the bastards charged me $59.99 instead of the online price of $56.99).
buy a copy at Amazon. Return that copy with your Best Buy receipt. No damage done. You have 30 days to return.
Old 05-16-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

buy a copy at Amazon. Return that copy with your Best Buy receipt. No damage done. You have 30 days to return.
Old 05-17-07, 12:07 PM

I opened it. I'd only be able to exchange it for the same title.

ETA: You mean return the copy I get from Amazon to BB. Got ya.

Last edited by TimeandTide; 05-17-07 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

well, you exchange it for the same title, sealed

then come back the next day with a sealed copy
Old 05-17-07, 12:12 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
well, you exchange it for the same title, sealed

then come back the next day with a sealed copy
Most stores will open the new copy you are exchanging for at the counter before you leave to prevent this sort of thing.

Unless you are saying buy the cheaper copy at Amazon, and return that sealed one to BB with the receipt. That would work as long as Amazon doesn't get some weird copy that doesn't have the same barcode.
Old 05-17-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

well, I suppose it depends on the person at the customer service desk

I bought a pack of DVD-Rs, and for some reason, my burner just wouldn't recognize them. I tried to exchange them for DVD+Rs, but they would only allow me to exchange for the same thing.

It took two trips, but I got it done
Old 05-20-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by amped

Resetting the gangs worked. The baggage car was up top after I re-killed the boss. Found the two on Muertos shortly after I reset as well. One right in the first gang hideout outside the Agency tunnel and the other driving around the corner near the ferris wheel.

now on to stunt rings...

the ring over the boat in Volk is driving me up the fucking wall. I'm about ready to throw my controller through the fucking tv. Spent the last 45 minutes just on that one and I'm still falling short of the ring. Goddamn it fucking sucks. Jesus H. Christ I need to walk away from it.

Sorry. Had to vent.
Old 05-21-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know everyone is on Halo, but I can't peel myself away from this game. Came back to that ring and hit it on the second try.

Decided to dive into the street racing after that. After about 90 minutes of trying I realized something. The developers don't want to you win the traditional way, i.e. straight racing. Not only is it boring, but the AI is brutal and nearly every car handles poorly. Plus factor in the fact that they let you get out of the car and give you a gun to fuck some shit up and I need no further proof that racing isn't the point.

Now, with that out of the way I found a 100% foolproof way to get a Gold on Green Bay every time. Nabbed all 6 Golds for that course last night. Now I have to find a method for the other courses.
Old 05-21-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The DLC has seriously reignited my interest in this game. I had moved onto other games even though there was still plenty of stuff left to collect and achievements to unlock, and since I started playing again I've gotten 5 achievements and a ton of agility orbs and hidden orbs. I also got into a co-op game yesterday after not playing co-op for a long time, and it's a fun break from the single player mode. I'm going for Master Agent now, but firearms are painfully slow to level up. After that I'll probably use a guide to find the 40 or so agility orbs that I don't have yet. I haven't even messed around with Keys to the City or the street races yet, and I still have a bunch of vehicles to impound. This is definitely the best DLC I've seen so far in terms of the amount and quality of new features.
Old 05-21-07, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you reset the gangs?

= J
Old 05-21-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The new update should allow it. If not the free DLC will. When you go to start a game instead of starting a solo campaign, move the cursor right, it will have a reset option where the "turn crimes off" option was before.

Speaking of. I miss that option. There are times when I have my two year old in the room and before the update I would turn the crimes off and run around looking for orbs, doing races, stunt rings, etc., you know, non-violent stuff. Once you reset, you are stuck with it. No turning it back off. I can't go anywhere without getting shot at now.
Old 05-21-07, 11:39 AM

OK, I've only played this game for a few minutes and I already need some advice. When I first exit the garage, should I drive straight to the shoot-out, or should I stop my car and wander around, looking for stuff to collect?

I'm pretty methodical when it comes to gameplay (I scoured every inch of space looking for action figures in Marvel, for example) so I tend to linger. Good idea in Crackdown or should I be taking care of business?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.