Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's getting Crackdown today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm down to finding my last 8 agility orbs and they are a pain in the rear to find. I have been running around all over the place for the last 3hrs. and I still haven't found anything.
Old 05-14-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got 4 stars on everything, but geez, maxing everything out is hard. I'm about to reset the gangs for a second time. What benefits do i get with maxing everything out?
Old 05-14-07, 09:03 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Got 4 stars on everything, but geez, maxing everything out is hard. I'm about to reset the gangs for a second time. What benefits do i get with maxing everything out?
40 points achievement.
Old 05-14-07, 09:53 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And not losing any skill points for killing police or innocent people.

I've been playing a bit more lately. I have 1 hidden orb left to find.
Old 05-14-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by amped

Also, if you're still looking for the baggage car, check the oil rig in the Volk area.

Pickup truck and van are at the motocross looking stadium in the Los Muertos area.
no dice chicago.

I've been in and out of both those areas for hours. I even reset gangs curious if they only showed up with them turned on.

thanks anyway.
Old 05-15-07, 11:40 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That is where I found the baggage car. It was in the way back, on a big platform on the oil rig near the top in Volk territory.

I found it after I beat the game and gangs were off.
Old 05-15-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Vryce
That is where I found the baggage car. It was in the way back, on a big platform on the oil rig near the top in Volk territory.

I found it after I beat the game and gangs were off.
Hmmm. I'll have to look again. If it was on the oil rig how'd you get it across the water?
Old 05-15-07, 12:32 PM

Is the dialogue in this game captioned/subtitled?
Old 05-15-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, all voice
Old 05-15-07, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
no, all voice
Thanks for the tip.

Question: Is it essential to listen to the dialogue in the game? I'm hearing impaired and I gave up on GTA because I realized I was missing huge chunks of the story and objectives.
Old 05-15-07, 12:59 PM

well, i honestly skip all that shit in the game anyway if it lets me. When you have a new gang boss/leader pop up, theres a little video of him. Shows some gang activity and some other pointless video. After that, they tell you exactly where the boss is.

I'd say its extremely unimportant. The ending is kinda lame too
Old 05-15-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
The only dialog is of a narrator telling you about the gangs and what's going on around the city and your organization. Other than that, there's just chatter and explatives from people on the streets.

The game has no story to really speak of, and nothing is spoken about objective except to say that you're near a certain gang member. So you can pretty much get the gyst of what you need to do even if you're playing with no sound. But the narrator does give you some little game play hints here and there.
Old 05-15-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nope. There is really no story at all. Run and gun down bad guys. That's about it.

You will however be missing out on the orb sound effect. You collect orbs to enhance your agent. 300 are hidden and 500 basically in the open. Anyway, when you are near an orb a sound effect will start playing to let you know you are close to one.

That is the only audio I believe you will be truly missing out on. I guess depending on your level of hearing loss, you might be able to make it out, but it is a subtle sound and I wouldn't bank on it. In the end, I guess you could use a guide, but finding the orbs is a big draw of the game.
Old 05-15-07, 01:08 PM

id say in his case, if you are hard up for some of the orbs, just get a guide or something online that lists them all
Old 05-15-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Once you beat the game, you might want to find the ending 'speech' from the narrator of the game. Maybe it's online somewhere (the dialogue)? Don't lose any sleep if you miss it though.
Old 05-15-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Gromit
Once you beat the game, you might want to find the ending 'speech' from the narrator of the game. Maybe it's online somewhere (the dialogue)? Don't lose any sleep if you miss it though.
Or he can post here and someone here can sum it up pretty easy.
Old 05-15-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Thanks for the tip.

Question: Is it essential to listen to the dialogue in the game? I'm hearing impaired and I gave up on GTA because I realized I was missing huge chunks of the story and objectives.
I'm hearing impaired as well and i didn't have a problem with it. The game is pretty easy to figure out. They give you text files on the bosses you need to find and kill and i found that helpful. If you got Live you might wanna play co-op with a buddy just so you feel like your not missing anything. I play with a good friend of mine most of the time and he always helps me out if i miss something.

Don't let the game dialogue discourage you from having fun with it.
Old 05-15-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When the thing pops up with a new boss and the narrator tells you about him you can change the screen (to the right i believe) and there is a text version of exactly what the narrator is reading about the boss.
Old 05-15-07, 04:28 PM

Thanks to all of you for the folllow-up.

I went from the game not even being on my radar, to being on the fence, to now wanting to get it TODAY.

I may even hit a couple of you up for some co-op play eventually, too.

A shame more developers don't go the GOW route and caption all of the dialogue (even in-game). While I don't mind skipping through non-essential blather in games like Marvel: UA, I hate missing the cut-scene dialogue in other favorites of mine like R6: Vegas.
Old 05-15-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Good luck finding it - apparently it's kinda hard to find right now, especially for rent, due to the Halo3 beta that'll be available tomorrow.
Old 05-15-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
I rented this when it first came out and played the hell out of it.

I finally broke down and bought it Sunday at Sam's Club for $53.xx.

Kept waiting for it to go on sale.... bah!
Old 05-15-07, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,348 Likes on 4,341 Posts
I wish there were a way to get essential information from the narrator, but to not have him tell me for the millionth time what those "purple gates of light, visible on your HUD" are.

Do you need the game to play Halo 3 beta MP? I thought you only needed the code. I was under the impression that the game stores were flooded with used versions of this game. Hastings is selling the PP version for $19.99.
Old 05-15-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
Good luck finding it - apparently it's kinda hard to find right now, especially for rent, due to the Halo3 beta that'll be available tomorrow.
Tomorrow huh? Source?

I'm not a big Halo fan (actually pretty against the series as I've been a PC gamer for quite a while and there's just so many better games out there) but I'm always up for seeing what they may have improved on.
Old 05-15-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
I wish there were a way to get essential information from the narrator, but to not have him tell me for the millionth time what those "purple gates of light, visible on your HUD" are.
The one that gets to me is "I can see my house from here!" Really? From inside the agency garage?
Old 05-15-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Tomorrow huh? Source?

I'm not a big Halo fan (actually pretty against the series as I've been a PC gamer for quite a while and there's just so many better games out there) but I'm always up for seeing what they may have improved on.
http://www.bungie.net/

There's a countdown on the front page.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.