Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's getting Crackdown today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, I "beat" the game. But now there's no more random gang members. How else can I 4* my guy all the way around? I guess my only hope is to find all the hidden orbs, huh?
Old 05-12-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Well, I "beat" the game. But now there's no more random gang members. How else can I 4* my guy all the way around? I guess my only hope is to find all the hidden orbs, huh?
You can re-set the gang leaders and play through it again without re-setting your stats.

My question is - where are the new vehicles and weapons? I downloaded the pay-pack, and just assumed that the new vehicles would be at the Agency garage - but they're not. I need to ride the buggy!!
Old 05-12-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
they're in the garage. Above the vehicle select screen it says "Agency." If you look close there is an arrow pointing to the right. Push to the right and it will scroll through "Peacekeeper, Muertos, Volk, ShaiGen and Civilian" options.
Old 05-12-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing like sticking a hooker to a van with a harpoon and taking it off of an insane jump with her waving around on the side. I was throwing guys up onto the sides of buildings and harpooning them there. It's awesome how they stick to whatever and then you can kick the object and they go flying.

= J
Old 05-12-07, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm enjoying the street racing mode, however it's not because I'm winning races, it's finding fun ways to eliminate the competition. From setting up concrete slabs as roadblocks on a bridge to just shooting at the other driver's gas tank as soon as the race starts. Just some shits and giggles to pass the time.

Regarding impounding vehicles, I must have brought about 6 cars or so to the garage, they were on the list and I even got the dialog box to have that vehicle impounded once I "acquired" it. Now I would send myself to another supply point which then saves the game, when I come back to the garage, the only vehicles listed are the agency and peacekeepers. Is it just me or do I have to collect all the cars first for them to be selectable?
Old 05-12-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by amped
Regarding impounding vehicles, I must have brought about 6 cars or so to the garage, they were on the list and I even got the dialog box to have that vehicle impounded once I "acquired" it. Now I would send myself to another supply point which then saves the game, when I come back to the garage, the only vehicles listed are the agency and peacekeepers. Is it just me or do I have to collect all the cars first for them to be selectable?
It sounds like I did the same thing as you, but the vehicles were immediately available. I would take the car, drive it to the Agency, leave it in the garage, exit the garage, and then it would show up when I went to get a car from the garage. Not sure why it isn't working for you.
Old 05-12-07, 10:24 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

well... every vehicle is "listed". Meaning you scroll through Agency, Peacekeeper, Los Muertos, Volk, Shai Gen, and Civilian. I haven't had a problem with impounding. Then again, every time I drive something to the garage I go back in to make sure it's there and see what else I'm missing.
Old 05-12-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You have to actually pull it into the center of the garage. Pull up to the door and it should open. Drive in and you are good.

I have 3 cars left I need help with:

Muertos: Pickup Truck & Van(rightmost car in the list)
Civilian: Baggage car

Any ideas? I've wandered around for about 90 and still nothing.
Old 05-13-07, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

How's everyone doing on their orbs with the new sound feature? I had about 10 combined to go and found around 4 since the update. I'd say it isn't a huge difference, but subtle enough to help.
Old 05-13-07, 06:10 PM

I got my 499th agil. orb (atop a Shai Gen bldg.) and am racking up the hidden ones as well. The tone help is much appreciated.
Old 05-13-07, 06:27 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah.. I love the new sound. I found 9 of my hidden orbs that I am missing. I have 3 left to go.
Old 05-13-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No love on the cars?
Old 05-13-07, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
No love on the cars?
I might just be a sour puss but I think the new cars are pointless. Sure the tank is cool but its weapon is the Lobber and the truck was fine enough. The buggy is neat but the SUV already does tricks and it's weapon was included in the update too. I like the race car but the super car was fine enough as well. --- Now if they included a helicopter and motorcycle that would be cool because they would be unique.

Then again I think keys to the city is kind of silly. I tinkered around with it but got bored after a while. I mean I can blow stuff up just fine in the regular game why would I want to goof around with explosive barrels otherwise?

I like the street racing, new mode icons, and weapons the most. The other stuff kind of seems fluffy to me though the orb "ping" is nice.
Old 05-13-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How's everyone doing on their orbs with the new sound feature?
ok, do you have to turn this feature on or something? it seems like it is exactly the same for me as before. I got kinda bored just running around around after I beat the game so I reset the gang bosses and am having a second go round. when I'm doing any type of a battle my volume rests at around -28 to -30 max. I just can't take the volume any higher than that(its way too damn loud otherwise). now when I get by an orb at that volume I can barely hear it even if I'm say 10' from it.
Old 05-13-07, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,069 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
The buggy is neat but the SUV already does tricks and it's weapon was included in the update too.
The SUV got a weapon? News to me - I only used it once (spawned it on top of the Agency tower and used its jump to ramp off ) and I didn't notice a weapon.
Old 05-13-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How can I boost my stats up besides hidden orbs after I beat all the mob bosses? I read something about re-setting the bosses without resetting my stats? This true?
Old 05-14-07, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
The SUV got a weapon? News to me - I only used it once (spawned it on top of the Agency tower and used its jump to ramp off ) and I didn't notice a weapon.
Ah, oops, I was talking about the weapon on the buggy. It's the same as that new machine gun.

How can I boost my stats up besides hidden orbs after I beat all the mob bosses? I read something about re-setting the bosses without resetting my stats? This true?
You "should" be able to. Before the update the option was to turn crimes on or off. I would assume the "reset" button does the same thing.
Old 05-14-07, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
ok, do you have to turn this feature on or something? it seems like it is exactly the same for me as before. I got kinda bored just running around around after I beat the game so I reset the gang bosses and am having a second go round. when I'm doing any type of a battle my volume rests at around -28 to -30 max. I just can't take the volume any higher than that(its way too damn loud otherwise). now when I get by an orb at that volume I can barely hear it even if I'm say 10' from it.
It is only effective if you have less than 50% of the orbs left to go. So more than 250 Agility orbs and more than 150 secret orbs.
Old 05-14-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I started playing this game on Saturday and i have not had so much fun with a game in a long time. It just makes me feel even better about picking up a 360. At first i felt a little lost because the environment is huge and there is just so much to do. But i have killing a few of the bosses and trying to get as many agility orbs and power ups as possible. I hope they do a sequel to this. Great game
Old 05-14-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The harpoon gun is so damn addictive. One of the most fun and creative game weapons in a long while. Here's one for you. A prostitute shot through the mouth to the center of my trunk. Her legs were flapping in the breeze like a flag on the back of my car. Funny as hell in motion. It's a cell phone pic, so excuse the quality:

Old 05-14-07, 08:45 AM

The harpoon gun is so damn addictive. One of the most fun and creative game weapons in a long while. Here's one for you. A prostitute shot through the mouth to the center of my trunk. Her legs were flapping in the breeze like a flag on the back of my car. Funny as hell in motion. It's a cell phone pic, so excuse the quality:

classy. Try 'pooning a dead body to the rotating portion inside of the shai-gen epcot globe. I did that yesterday and man, that thing flew!

Last edited by Dragon Fly; 05-14-07 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-14-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Play co-op on other people's games. That's my plan.

<hr>

If anyone that's just starting out or hasn't beat the game would like to play co-op, message me. I'm usually online and active weeknights after 9pm EST. I'll be more than happy to kill criminals with you and don't mind helping you out.

My gamertag is in my sig.
Old 05-14-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

If you aren't fully boosted, there is a new White Orb in the DLC. Can't remember what it is called, but it seemed like an easy way to boost as the goal is to collect 100 of them in a certain time frame.

Doing the Rooftop races boost your agility. Sniping from far away also gives you a little agility.

If you've beat the game, and have been collecting orbs as well as doing the races you should have no problem maxing out Agility.
Old 05-14-07, 04:28 PM

You have to actually pull it into the center of the garage. Pull up to the door and it should open. Drive in and you are good.

I have 3 cars left I need help with:

Muertos: Pickup Truck & Van(rightmost car in the list)
Civilian: Baggage car

Any ideas? I've wandered around for about 90 and still nothing.
DUH, on my part. I just left the cars where the dispatch cars were parked. Thanks.

Also, if you're still looking for the baggage car, check the oil rig in the Volk area.

Pickup truck and van are at the motocross looking stadium in the Los Muertos area.
Old 05-14-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just reset gangs. Doing time trials helps your stats as well it seems. The first seven Time Trials on Psychotic were laughably easy. Most took under 40 seconds for me to beat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.