Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I'm thinking about buying an Xbox 360

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Well clue us in. What is sweet?
...so far, I've played CoD2, R6 Vegas, and GoW - the HD games are some snazzy shit
Old 01-28-07, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm thinking of getting a 360 also. I noticed that Best Buy has a deal this week where you get Madden 07 free (not that I care, I'm just going to trade it in as I hate sports games). However the box also says that it includes $90 in coupons. Does anyone know what the coupons are?
Old 01-29-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
eh, for 20 bucks, I think its a hell of a lot better than crappy Kameo
I loved Kameo, very underrated IMO. They are obviously very different games, but I guess they can be compared since they are both from Rare. I'm surprised PDZ got anywhere near the scores it received, I am forcing myself to keep going.

I would drop PDZ from you list, there are much better cheap FPS's since it looks like that is your main genre. I would suggest Condemned in place of PDZ, both launch games, both cheap now, but Condemned is by far the better game.
Old 01-29-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'm thinking of getting a 360 also. I noticed that Best Buy has a deal this week where you get Madden 07 free (not that I care, I'm just going to trade it in as I hate sports games). However the box also says that it includes $90 in coupons. Does anyone know what the coupons are?
A majority of the coupons are sports game coupons. Also 5 bucks off a few Nyko accessories, and 5 bucks off wireless headsets.
Old 01-29-07, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got a 360 the other day after being a PC gamer for nearly a decade. I still am a PC gamer at heart and will never buy a console game that I can get for my PC, but games like Dead Rising, Gears of War, and Burnout just make it worth it for me. Not to mention the HD-DVD drive that I plan to get for the upcoming Nine Inch Nails "Beside You In Time" HD-DVD.
Old 01-29-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts
Originally Posted by msdmoney
I would drop PDZ from you list, there are much better cheap FPS's since it looks like that is your main genre. I would suggest Condemned in place of PDZ, both launch games, both cheap now, but Condemned is by far the better game.
I couldn't agree more. Still one of the best games on the system. Although, it is not a FPS.
Old 01-29-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
A majority of the coupons are sports game coupons. Also 5 bucks off a few Nyko accessories, and 5 bucks off wireless headsets.
Not really referencing you in particular CK, but this reminded me. Do not get suckered into buying that Nyko cooling fan thing that hooks to the back of the unit. Many reports of it killing 360s and scorching the case to the point Msoft won't replace it under warranty. Just a little FYI.
Old 01-29-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I couldn't agree more. Still one of the best games on the system. Although, it is not a FPS.
Yeah your right, it is in first person, but I never used the guns, and just used the hand weapons, much more fun.
Old 01-29-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Not really referencing you in particular CK, but this reminded me. Do not get suckered into buying that Nyko cooling fan thing that hooks to the back of the unit. Many reports of it killing 360s and scorching the case to the point Msoft won't replace it under warranty. Just a little FYI.
I will never buy those cooling fans, but I had not heard that they will fry your system. Good to know when customers come to buy them.
Old 01-29-07, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I will never buy those cooling fans, but I had not heard that they will fry your system. Good to know when customers come to buy them.
There was a link to a forum where people posted pictures in threads discussing the exact problem - i don't remember any of the details other than the scorched back of a case and Msoft not honoring the warranty in those cases due to claiming (and perhaps rightfully so) a third party addon did the damage. I do think in some of those cases Nyko was paying to have the units repaired so there may be some truth to the claim.