Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Twilight Princess- Wii or Gamecube?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had my preorder at BBV for over a year. I'm going to try and wait it out. They seemed pretty sure they would have them next week. It was practically a free game with the crazy deals they had in 2005 so I really want to get it there if possible.
Old 12-16-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
I've had my preorder at BBV for over a year. I'm going to try and wait it out. They seemed pretty sure they would have them next week. It was practically a free game with the crazy deals they had in 2005 so I really want to get it there if possible.
The manager at the store I'd preordered at told me that he doubted it'd be in by Christmas.
Old 12-18-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
The manager at the store I'd preordered at told me that he doubted it'd be in by Christmas.
Fuck I hope youre wrong. I talked to my BB on Sat and they still cant get it in....
Old 12-18-06, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ddd price error?

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=GCX696307
Old 12-18-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd say so! That MSRP is way off.
Old 12-18-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaunoftheDead
How is the game as a whole on GC?
My Circuit City had 4, so I got one for $37.99. Great price for a release such as this. I wonder how they were able to do it at that on release.
Circuit City seems to be doing that every once in awhile for big release games. I remember Final Fantasy 12 being that price as well on release.
Old 12-18-06, 08:48 PM
Retired

From CAG it looks like some older orders at that $28.99 price at DDD have shipped, but most have been cancelled and any new ones are getting cancelled.

I don't see why they still have the page up if they are aware of the order, but DDD has always been a little odd.
Old 12-19-06, 12:24 PM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Seriously? I got mine on Saturday as a birthday gift, but I've been to two Targets, a Best Buy and a Toys R Us this last week or so, and they've all had plenty of the GC version.
Old 12-19-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xander
Seriously? I got mine on Saturday as a birthday gift, but I've been to two Targets, a Best Buy and a Toys R Us this last week or so, and they've all had plenty of the GC version.
Yeah, I noticed that my Target and Best Buy each had at least 10 copies of the GC version on display. Of course, I've already got the Wii version...
Old 12-19-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Fuck I hope youre wrong. I talked to my BB on Sat and they still cant get it in....
Any luck yet?
Old 12-20-06, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

GC vs Wii IGN Insider article
http://insider.ign.com/teasers/751/751307.html
Originally Posted by IGN
Andre Segers, IGN Guides: I vastly prefer the GCN version. Contrary to many reports, I didn't find the Wii aiming controls to be accurate at all - or rather, the lag induced by the cursor was enough to nullify any degree of accuracy it may have possessed. Oddly, Zelda is the only Wii game thus far that I have experienced any pointer problems with.

In addition, I found Navi's constant onscreen presence to detract from the experience, especially since she doesn't serve any function aside from showing the player where the cursor is when it's not in use - which isn't very useful (or necessary) at all. Granted, the pointer functionality can be turned off (and Navi by extension, thankfully), but then the main reason for purchasing the Wii version has thusly been removed.

As far as sword controls, I'll concede Wii's 'swinging' method was enjoyable, though ultimately unremarkable. After the novelty wears off, it neither enhances, nor detracts from the experience. But what has significantly changed is how the Spin Attack works. This vastly over-powered attack is a breeze to perform on the Wii version, and makes an already easy game appropriate for fetuses. The GCN version performs identically to previous 3D Zelda outings (i.e. Ocarina, Wind Waker) and is much more difficult to perform, thus preventing its abuse - a major enhancement in my opinion. The Wii version is akin to giving Master Chief a machine gun that launches rockets as the game's only weapon. Oh, and camera control is a good thing. I was skeptical of how much it would add to the GCN version, particularly since the game performs solidly on Wii, sans camera control, but after trying it out for myself, I must confess it's difficult to return to the Wii version. The flexibility of exploring the environment independent of the direction Link is running can't be overstated.
Old 12-20-06, 09:28 AM
Retired

Pretty idiotic review IMO as you can adjust the pointer sensativity and turn of Navi.

Most people thing the quicker spin attack is a plus rather than a con as well.

Everyone knows Zelda games aren't hard. They haven't been since the SNES. The challenge is in the puzzles, not the combat. Zelda isn't really an action game.

The camera control is the only valid point he makes.
Old 12-20-06, 02:40 PM

Yesterday Circuit City shipped my GC version Zelda TP that I preordered for $37.99 last week. I got it today

It seems to be hit or miss who has them. On Sunday picking games up for my niece at ToysRus I asked the guy at the counter if he had any. He did and got a GC one for my niece (she is 12, and loves Zelda).

Meanwhile I checked plenty of other stores that were out of the GC version.
Old 12-21-06, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Any luck yet?
Yea man, they got mine today and called. I picked it up and will start playing it soon

To nitpick, you quote me saying I hope youre wrong, I meant I hope theyre wrong