** The Official COD3 (Call of Duty 3) Thread **

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

** The Official COD3 (Call of Duty 3) Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a few bugs but overall the online game is pretty damn fun. By the way, there were some great matches this weekend. Thanks for letting me join your games.
Old 11-13-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know over the weekend when I saw you guys online playing there was an option to join your games. Now, I checked like 10 friends and none of them had that option.
Old 11-13-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we were all in a game with all the slots reserved for invited people only - you needed to send a message asking for an invite.
Old 11-13-06, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ugh, I see. I'll have to remember that.
Old 11-15-06, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally got to play a few games online tonight. I didn't suck as bad as I thought I would so I'm thrilled about that. The maps are nuts. The night on at the factory/warehouse sucks but I enjoyed the rest. The one with the blown out bridge was real fun. I can see myself getting hooked on this game now.
Old 11-15-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Master, sounds good. Last night I wasn't feeling well so I played single player and got a few achievements. Tonight, I will hopefully join you guys again. COD3 Multi is loads of fun.

Anyone else think the classes are not very balanced though? I was playing against this guy, and granted he was very good, but he used the heavy assault class and would kill me like crazy. He was moving around so fast that being a sniper or anything else sucked cause he never stopped moving, EVER! So he would be all over the place and just cutting me and everyone else in half. Finally, everyone else left the game but he and I so I switched to heavy assault and felt like I was a snail moving around. I finally just laid down and waited for him to come running by and I would get him a few times but he was so much faster as heavy assault than I could be.

Also, which weapon do you use to get the assault achievement? I did two chapters with killing only using a machine gun and still didn't get that one. I think the achievements are screwy sometimes. I was doing the tank battle in town last night and ended up getting the bullet proof achievement even though I died twice, but since they were rockets that killed me I guess I got this one. Kinda lame, you should have to be able to be shot to get the achievement, not just inside a bullet proof tank.
Old 11-18-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
So, I just finished the single player mode. It's, well, disappointing. Not nearly as good as CoD2. I'll keep this around to play multiplayer, but it seemed far more rushed. And it was much shorter.
Old 11-18-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
So, I just finished the single player mode. It's, well, disappointing. Not nearly as good as CoD2. I'll keep this around to play multiplayer, but it seemed far more rushed. And it was much shorter.
Where you expecting a different outcome this time around? You do realize that the war should end with the allies winning every time don't you? It does seem like this one is going by faster, and since nobody plays it online right now I had to go get GOW today. I had said it before but I'll say it again, I like the COD series but this is the last WWII game I buy I think. There is so much innovation in the shooter world right now that it is getting a bit repetitive to me. Perhaps I wouldn't feel so down on my purchase of COD3 if more of us from DVDtalk were playing it online. As it is now, I turned on my 360 yesterday and you guys were playing COD2 so I played Cars.
Old 11-18-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

No, I just meant the game wasn't as fun as CoD2 in the single player mode.
Old 11-18-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How long is the single player mode?
Old 11-18-06, 06:12 PM

Personally, I agree. The single player mode was very, well, boring. No memorable moments compared to COD2's single player mode. Plus, being unable to skip the cutscenes was an annoyance, along with your fellow AI troops who sometimes do more harm than good by getting in your way, as well as the occasional glitch of getting stuck in some areas thus forcing you to restart from your last checkpoint or killing yourself.

I like the multi player at least for now anyway. It reminds me of Crimson Skies when it was first released. Log on, kill some people, log off. However, just like CS this will eventually get stale as well.
Old 11-19-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I rented it for the 360.....I like it, jus tplayed a little single player. I thought it played rather well. I only played through the first two achievemnets

Doesn't seem much different than CoD2.....which is NOT a bad thing.
Old 11-19-06, 04:44 PM

Also, has anyone had any luck in playing a ranked match? I'm waiting in the lobby and I just give up after 10min. Player matches aren't an issue though.
Old 11-19-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had one almost start on me the other day but i needed to quit out quickly before it started due to something coming up. I didn't do a quick match - i chose a gametype and waited ~10 minutes before anyone showed up. After 10 minutes about 4 showed up, then another 5 minutes later like 12 more showed up within 30 seconds of one another.

Ranked matchmaking is seriously screwed up and i hope gets patched soon.
Old 11-25-06, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Really not enjoying COD3 near as much as COD2. It's boring, and I am having a hard time just trying to get interested enough to keep going with it. I don't even think that I am halfway through yet.
Old 11-29-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gotta bump this thread again. After playing single player for a while, I am finding it more vexing than entertaining. The cut scenes are way too long, especially if you are just starting to play again. Also, it feels like there are not enough checkpoints, since there are a few places where you have to fight basically the whole mission again, instead of having checkpoints scattered within.

I'll finish this game, but based on single player, I've got to say it is a big disappointment in my book.
Old 11-29-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
I just rented this, and must say that the game is quite boring. I'm not sure why it feels so much worse than COD2, the graphics are very nice, gameplay seems about the same, but something is missing.

Glad I didnt buy it.
Old 11-30-06, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was shocked to see so many board members here playing COD2 when I got home tonight. Hopefully not everyone has given up on COD3. I've been sucked into R6: Vegas lately but I'm looking forward to more COD3 games in the near future.
Old 11-30-06, 03:15 AM

Single player is pretty boring but I already thought that about COD2 but Multiplayer is a lot fun except the ranked game. I still don't get how to join a ranked game does anybody know?
Old 11-30-06, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I was shocked to see so many board members here playing COD2 when I got home tonight. Hopefully not everyone has given up on COD3. I've been sucked into R6: Vegas lately but I'm looking forward to more COD3 games in the near future.
I agree 100%. I really hope this game makes a rebound. Remember, COD2 was not really the best multiplayer game when it came out, but after that initial update it really stood out. I'm guessing something similar will happen with COD3. I'm not giving up hope yet. I can't because I traded COD2, so there is no going back now.
Old 11-30-06, 08:29 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That is my hope as well, but sadly I don't see the COD2'ers coming back to COD3 much, if at all.

I'm keeping COD3 because I enjoyed it a great deal when we had a large party. And the class system was a nice addition with special abilities to use in the game.
Old 11-30-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the love for COD3 that I did for COD2. I'm about halfway through the single player on normal and I haven't played it in almost a week. With COD2, I finished it in Normal and then immediately played it again on Veteran, something I normally never do once I clear a game. Don't play online that much so I can't really comment on that portion.
Old 11-30-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that thought the single player mode was terrible.
Old 11-30-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aerobson
I agree 100%. I really hope this game makes a rebound. Remember, COD2 was not really the best multiplayer game when it came out, but after that initial update it really stood out. I'm guessing something similar will happen with COD3. I'm not giving up hope yet. I can't because I traded COD2, so there is no going back now.
Are they going to make a patch that doesn't make COD3 suck ass? If so, I may have to get it again...

Signed Tbird2340 - COD24LIFE
Old 11-30-06, 09:22 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Wow.. we get it.. You hardcore COD2 people hate COD3. Do you really have to post as much each time the topic of COD3 is brought up?

It gets really old.

Oh.. and to denote that I'm half joking.. But seriously, all the COD3 threads or the gaming schedule devolves to is COD2 >> COD3.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.