Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 11-09-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't understand the rush to cap on MMORPG's. For me, it's about the journey, not the destination. But, to each their own.
Marking this date- a post from Groucho that's not sarcastic, misleading, or abrasive- And I *agree* with it! ;-)

-jason
Old 11-11-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuzzbox
Apparently not- I'm 13 months in and only hit 57 this week. And I spend most of my time in 200% XP time. I'm assuming with 2 months time, you're almost never there...

How do you hit 60 in 2 months???

-jason

Grind, grind, grind out levels.

I didn't do once instance from 55-60 and did it in a week I believe. Rested experience is great....but all that time you're resting you could be leveling..so its a trade-off.

I reached 60 with little to no rested experience. Quested and once I hit 51 or so the WPL were great. I also did alot of grinding to farm cash as this was my very first character.

I also didn't waste much time hanging around IF or SW. Just enough time to repair, put some stuff up on the AH and sell everything else I picked up. Then back to the grind.

It got old...but it worked.

I also grind rep or items when needed. I have a lvl 42 mage alt that is a 300 tailor who makes Mooncloth bags for me...I grind out 4-6 felcloth in Feralas in about 1 hour every week or so with my lock and send the felcloth to her.

I ground out 120 twilight texts in just over 4 hours in Silithus last weekend..needed like 1400 rep with Cenarion Circle to upgrade to an epic cloak.

Last edited by FiveO; 11-11-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-11-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Ok, now that I have the right thread

Help! I'm running out of things to do again! My last farthest character I had was a 42 Mage. But I got to the point where all my quests were dungeons/Elites, and I just don't have the time or patience to do those.

Now, I've gotten a warlock up to 44. But once again, all my quests are for dungeons. I've got quests for Scartlet Monestary, Zul Farrack, Uldaman, and Razorfen Downs. There isn't much incentive to go to any of these places, since none of the rewards for the quests give me anything a warlock could use. I know there could be some cool drop, but I don't have time to do these things once, much less over and over trying to get the supercool warlock drop.

I've done quests in Feralas, Tenaris, and the Hinterlands, but now the only quests I can find are too high for me (48ish). Some douche even tried to give me a quest for the Sunken Temple, which is a level 53 quest. So what should I be doing now? I can dump all these dungeon quests, but there really aren't any other quests at my level I can find! Argh
Old 11-13-06, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neiname
Link to Round 2, http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=437938

Is anyone who stopped playing plan on reactivating when the expansion comes out?
Yeah I plan on picking it back up again but nothing like I did when I played it the first time. I was so sucked into this game it was scary. Given I had just had back surgury and was laid up in bed for like 4 months so I had nothing better to do but I played this game 24-7 lol. I ended up becoming Grand Master in PVP and then quit and havent been back since. I was Exalted in every PVP faction and had finished my Grand Master run so I really lost interest once I finally got to where Iwas trying to get to, Kind oif funny really as I never got to really enjoy the items I worked so hard for.

When I do end up starting to play again my guy will be pretty well off tho. I ended up selling all the stuff I had in my banks which was an absolutly boatload of stuff and ended up getting around 3400g. So it will be fun when I go back but I will never play it like I did. The game can suck your life away, lol

Anyone know when the official date for the release is? I thought it was supposed to be Novemeber.

PS..
Old 11-13-06, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
Release date is January 16th, 2007.
Old 11-14-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Ok, now that I have the right thread

Help! I'm running out of things to do again! My last farthest character I had was a 42 Mage. But I got to the point where all my quests were dungeons/Elites, and I just don't have the time or patience to do those.

Now, I've gotten a warlock up to 44. But once again, all my quests are for dungeons. I've got quests for Scartlet Monestary, Zul Farrack, Uldaman, and Razorfen Downs. There isn't much incentive to go to any of these places, since none of the rewards for the quests give me anything a warlock could use. I know there could be some cool drop, but I don't have time to do these things once, much less over and over trying to get the supercool warlock drop.

I've done quests in Feralas, Tenaris, and the Hinterlands, but now the only quests I can find are too high for me (48ish). Some douche even tried to give me a quest for the Sunken Temple, which is a level 53 quest. So what should I be doing now? I can dump all these dungeon quests, but there really aren't any other quests at my level I can find! Argh

I've leveled a lock...absolutely love playing her and all I can say is just keep grinding. Once you hit 45-47 things get easier....lvl 50 is even easier as you can hit the WPL. There are not many low 40's level instances to I suggest getting to your mid to upper 40's before doing ZF for exp.

Good luck! Love my lock!
Old 11-15-06, 09:03 PM

So, on Saturday I was playing my lvl 60 lock in AB, and from nowhere I get a tell from some guy in the same BG from another server asking me if I had ever heard of a forum called dvdtalk?

Turns out it was RyoHazuki.

Talk about a weird coincidence. It's a bloody small world.
Old 11-16-06, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice Muggins!!!!

I joined a new raiding guild over the weekend and they use the SK loot system for 40 mans...but just rolls on the 20 mans.

I went into ZG tonight with them and FINALLY got Venoxis to drop his dagger for me! I cannot tell you how happy I am...and its only a so-so epic! I've got the epic offhand for shadow locks from AV and have already put the +30 spellpower on my new Fang of Venoxis...I know..it sucks as an epic...but I love it!! Been waiting for it to drop for 3 months!

When BC comes out my purple gear will be upp'ed by greenies but for the time I'm good to go
Old 11-16-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Its funny because the first 2 times our guild killed the Snake boss in ZG the dagger dropped, since then we've probably killed him like 10+ times with only one drop. The Bloodcaller (caster sword) has dropped from Hakkar everytime i've been there for the kill.

We use the Sk list for our 40 man raids and just roll for the 20man. it works out pretty well. The important thing about SK is to just be sure if you miss a raid that its not one where a lot of loot for you class drops since you get skipped over (we use seperate lists for class set pieces)
Old 12-05-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what is everyone thinking about the new PvP change. I guess being new it does not effect me as much although I was hoping to move up at least one rank this week.

I am not happy about the game being down for almost a whole day.
Old 12-05-06, 05:34 PM

Servers are still down as of 630 pm EST. I'm dreading looking at my lifetime HK's go to dust.

Just read patch notes, here are highlights:

New LFG system. kinda akward, but goodbye to god awful LFG channel

Talent points refunded, new 41 pt talent trees are here.

PvP Arena 2v2 3v3 5v5 matches

I like this one....Instance meeting stones can now be used like warlock summon spells.
Old 12-05-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of the reasons they're releasing the new pvp change early is so that people can pvp hard for a few weeks and get access to Grand Marshal weapons and things....because we'll need 'em come expansion time for leveling. Once we hit 66-68...they'll be useless and sold or sharded as the higher level stuff is much better from what I've heard.

I'm waiting for it to come up too. Got my new spec all ready to go...Warlock: 42/9/0 Although I'm gonna miss the hell outta Ruin and my 1900-2600 Shadowbolt crits
Old 12-05-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just wish I could find a place to quickly download the patch. I know the servers are going to be slammed when everyone tries to get online at 5 pm PST.
Old 12-05-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
thottbot.com seems to be down but they showed the first RED items in the game

two 1 hand swords left and right
about 150 DPS +50 AGI

I don't remember the rest of the stats but I was

now down until 7 PM PST at least , due to an issue with the arenas, Isn't that what the beta testing is for?

Last edited by Bacon; 12-05-06 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-05-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah...level 70 stuff is going to be insane from what we're used to now...but then again, so will the mobs we're fighting.

MC and AQ40 and even Naxx are going to be the new UBRS/Strat runs! Thats ok though...getting geared into T1 will be easy, T2 will be ok and Naxx/T3 will be nice to working on hitting 70!

I've been Naxx attuned for a few weeks now and can't wait to hit it for T3 stuff around level 63-65 or so with a group of 25
Old 12-06-06, 09:09 AM

Finally got a chance to play around with my new spec last night (hunter 0-46-5) and I was kicking some ass in Arathi Basin. Will be interested to see how well I do in Blackwing Lair tonight. All-in-all, some good changes yesterday. Gonna have to try to get some good PVP gear before the xpac.
Old 12-06-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xander
Finally got a chance to play around with my new spec last night (hunter 0-46-5) and I was kicking some ass in Arathi Basin. Will be interested to see how well I do in Blackwing Lair tonight. All-in-all, some good changes yesterday. Gonna have to try to get some good PVP gear before the xpac.
Is this a sighting of the elusive Jedi Matt? You are missed on Live brother.
Old 12-06-06, 09:37 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by xmiyux

Indeed he is... And Phew.. for a moment there I thought you were getting sucked into WoW.

I would love to play this game, but the time and money are stopping me. Actually I tried one MMORPG game and found it boring just sitting trying to camp for creature spawns to level up early in the game.

I just couldn't get into it.
Old 12-06-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
My guild had an molten core run last night. the updated CT_raidAssist was messed up, so that didnt help. Also armor or something is changed and people would get randomly one shotted by mobs. I'm a protection spec tank with over 6K health and i was attacking a Core hound who was targeted on the MT and i died. The dog never attacked me and i didnt even have a note in the combat log about taking damage.

we're on the alliance side and the first two bosses (luci and mags) dropped Shamen gear. The 3rd boss, gehannas, didnt drop anything. Garr dropped normal stuff. We put in a ticket for the Gehannas loot but it will likely just be shaman gear.

We lost about half the raid on each boss and we usually only end up with 1 or 2 dead at the end. Something other than addons was changed.
Old 12-06-06, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lag does wonderful things.

We wiped on onyxia once (rogue was MTing with 60% dodge rate) when she deep breathed a whole bunch.

Tried again and did minimal damage in phase 1, but went all out in phase 2. We burned her down in 45 seconds or so (no mods), but then her loot wasn't distributable.

I love patch days.

Hopefully the 600g I spent in enchanting mats will turn into 1000g with the changes to disenchant.
Old 12-07-06, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
*waves*

Hey guys. Yeah, I was planning on jumping back into Halo some Friday night. But my account expired and I haven't been able to bring myself to cough up the $50 to sign up again yet. I miss all you 8-bit monkeys.

If you are serious about getting into WoW, Canis, the software is dirt cheap right now and still comes with a 1 month trial, as far as I know. It has been a much better leveling experience than other RPG's I've played. You really jump right into questing and don't have to do much "grinding" in order to gain levels. Come be one of us.

When I have the extra scratch, I promise to get back on Live and come shoot you guys in the face some Friday night. :P
Old 12-07-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xander
If you are serious about getting into WoW, Canis, the software is dirt cheap right now and still comes with a 1 month trial, as far as I know. It has been a much better leveling experience than other RPG's I've played. You really jump right into questing and don't have to do much "grinding" in order to gain levels. Come be one of us.
Don't you dare try to seduce away Canis you evil Jedi Matt! Demonic raisins i rebuke thee.
Old 12-08-06, 10:32 AM

Muahahahaha!

P.S. - hunters pwn your face in battlegrounds now.

<-- Tauren Hunter
Old 12-11-06, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just fyi i didn't check back log of this one so someone may have posted already, but the expansion LE is on target.com for preorder if anyone is wanting the LE, but didn't get it the day amazon and B&N had them up.

on another note i say canis, xmiyux, martin, czar, lucky, strange, and everyone else go download the free 10 day trial from blizzard's site. i mean we can make an 8bit WoW guild too.
Old 12-11-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
on another note i say canis, xmiyux, martin, czar, lucky, strange, and everyone else go download the free 10 day trial from blizzard's site. i mean we can make an 8bit WoW guild too.
My computer is so old it most likely couldn't even run the thing. However even if it did i refuse to get into a game that i have to pay monthly for two reasons: 1. I'm a cheap bastard and 2. RPGs like that are like crack to me and it would suck my soul down in no time at all.

However i lurk this thread because it sounds like a ton of fun and i like reading what exploits you guys are up to.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.