Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising for 360?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I can't get Dead Rising to load. All my other games work just fine, it's only Dead Rising that doesn't work. I've already cleaned the disc, and it wasn't even dirty to begin with. There's no real scratches on it or anything. It just won't work.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Last edited by ytrez; 10-09-06 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-09-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dead Rising is $39.99 next week at Best Buy.
Old 10-09-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Awesome. I just traded it in at EB for $38.50.
Old 10-10-06, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Awesome. I just traded it in at EB for $38.50.
My local store is only giving $35.00, you got a good deal
Old 10-10-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by REL77
My local store is only giving $35.00, you got a good deal
Probably has the gamer card which nets an additional 10% on trade-in values.
Old 10-11-06, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, I just finished my first 72 hours. I totally timed out on the cases so I was just screwing around trying to raise my level and get some achievements. I finally went to get the Maintenance Room key and located the car and bike. Those seem to be the quickest way to get a lot of zombie kills by running them over and then respawning the vehicles. Am I correct in that? Time ran out so I only got up to about 5000 kills, but I will try for it on the next go around.
Old 10-11-06, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
OK, I just finished my first 72 hours. I totally timed out on the cases so I was just screwing around trying to raise my level and get some achievements. I finally went to get the Maintenance Room key and located the car and bike. Those seem to be the quickest way to get a lot of zombie kills by running them over and then respawning the vehicles. Am I correct in that? Time ran out so I only got up to about 5000 kills, but I will try for it on the next go around.
Yep, that's the way. There's a "circuit" map on the Xbox.com forums that describes how to use all 3 vehicles in a continuous loop. I managed to get the genocider achievement using that method... but had I known about the bonuses for kills when holding Horror Novel 1 and 2, I would've had those with me. The word is, if you work on the genocider achievement while holding these 2 books in your inventory, you will attain level 50 BEFORE you reach the 53,900 kills.

If you go for it, start a new game, and focus on the genocider... it will take a good portion of the 72 hours. There's a save point within the circuit, so it is good to save every so often. (but you'll need to have the maintenance key)
Once you get the achievement, make a mad dash to the helipad and wait on the helipad for 12 noon. Let the game finish, let the credits roll, then save the game. That will ensure that the next time you start a game, you will have the real mega buster in the Security room.

Last edited by sracer; 10-11-06 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-11-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, did not know that about the books. I'm assuming the third vehicle you mention is the Convict's jeep? I thought that was supposed to respawn but once I killed them and I got the vehicle achievement, I never saw it again.
Old 10-11-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
I would imagine going for the Genocider so early will totally kill the game for you. You will completely lose the fun and challenge of leveling up properly. i.e. killing psychos and rescuing survivors. There will especially be little to no challenge with the Mega Buster when it comes to bosses. You won't be seeking out all the cool weapons because you won't need them. Plus there is nothing like attaining a new level/skill. At 2 playthroughs I was around level 40, so it isn't that hard to begin with. I think I was already at 50 when I went for the Genocider.

So unless you totally suck at games, I recommend playing a couple times through the correct way before hitting up the Genocider. I just recommend getting your money's worth before, because it will change the way you play the game.

At anyrate here is the method:
There is the red car outside(A) which you drive to (B) and get the white car(under Paradise Plaza). Take the white car and head to where Seon's is roll Zombies until you kill the car there(C). There is a white truck. Use the truck just to go back to the entrance(A) and get the red car and start over.

If you want to save head up to Paradise Plaza from where the white car is. The bathroom is right next to the maintenance door.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 10-11-06 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-11-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, no way I was going for Genocider on my next runthrough. I just needed some future tips. I will be going for the case completions now and keeping an eye on the time. This first time was just me getting used to it (evidenced by losing the cases at level 3 ) I was going for the 10000 kills since I was running out of time and didn't know what else to do, since the other stuff seemed pretty unattainable at that point.
Old 10-11-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Using the car method in the maintenece tunnels, how long (hours) does it take to obtain the genocider achievement? I wanted to see the real megabuster, but didn't have a chance to go for the achievement since I only had the game for a rental.
Old 10-11-06, 12:03 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I don't know exactly as I haven't done it yet. But the few posts I have read about it on other sites say it takes about 4 real hours to do in a game. That time was based on someone doing it following a specific route they posted a map of.
Old 10-11-06, 12:03 PM

Took me about 2.5 hours.
Old 10-11-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I would imagine going for the Genocider so early will totally kill the game for you. You will completely lose the fun and challenge of leveling up properly. i.e. killing psychos and rescuing survivors. There will especially be little to no challenge with the Mega Buster when it comes to bosses. You won't be seeking out all the cool weapons because you won't need them. Plus there is nothing like attaining a new level/skill. At 2 playthroughs I was around level 40, so it isn't that hard to begin with. I think I was already at 50 when I went for the Genocider.

So unless you totally suck at games, I recommend playing a couple times through the correct way before hitting up the Genocider. I just recommend getting your money's worth before, because it will change the way you play the game.
Excellent point. I'm coming from the "old fogey, I suck at games, lamer gamer" perspective.
The sad part is that even with the real mega buster, I'm still less-than-average by far. ...but I'm still having a lot of fun with it!
Old 10-11-06, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by alxreys
Took me about 2.5 hours.
That seems awfully fast. I just did it over the weekend and it was definitely 3-4 for me. Probably closer to 4.
Old 10-11-06, 12:50 PM

The trick for me was to hit as many gas canisters as I could find (a couple of times I didn't get to the next car, and was left surrounded. Luckily I had the clown's chainsaws with me). Sure, it is long and boring but I wanted to get the genocider achievement and use the real megabuster.
Old 10-11-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't play it much as I wanted to. I enjoyed beating all zombies up but I'm terrible aiming with game controller - I couldn't pass the first "Boss" (the hispanic guy at food court).
Old 10-11-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I haven't play it much as I wanted to. I enjoyed beating all zombies up but I'm terrible aiming with game controller - I couldn't pass the first "Boss" (the hispanic guy at food court).
Yeah, that's me too. Try as I could, I couldn't defeat one boss... not one. The real mega buster makes it "easier" (relatively speaking) but it still isn't anywhere near a cakewalk for me.
Old 10-11-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by alxreys
The trick for me was to hit as many gas canisters as I could find (a couple of times I didn't get to the next car, and was left surrounded. Luckily I had the clown's chainsaws with me). Sure, it is long and boring but I wanted to get the genocider achievement and use the real megabuster.
Same thing I did. Canisters & chainsaws. Even kept a couple of pistols for knocking out canisters on foot.
Old 10-11-06, 03:04 PM

Today is a good day. I finally finished collecting all 50 achievements this morning.
Old 10-11-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I played this a bit at a friend's house and i have to say I liked it at first but the more i played the more it got kind of boring. Maybe I didn't play enough but it seemed a bit repetitive. Is there more to this game?
Old 10-11-06, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you just go around killing zombies, then yeah, it could become repetitive. But if you do the side missions and go for the achievements it gets pretty addicting. I felt the same way, so I stopped playing for a while and did a straight runthrough for Condemned, and when I finished I came back to give it another shot and read about all the stuff I was doing wrong and all the cool little things that I missed originally. This is the only game I've played in the last few weeks now and I'm about to start over.
Old 10-11-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
I played this a bit at a friend's house and i have to say I liked it at first but the more i played the more it got kind of boring. Maybe I didn't play enough but it seemed a bit repetitive. Is there more to this game?
Played the game or the demo? Like matome said if you just run around killing zombies, then yes the game will get boring real quick. I've played through the main game 4 times already and gone for something different everytime so far and am still missing enough achievements to make me want to start over for a fifth time. And I haven't even started overtime mode yet! There is actually an overwhelming amount of things to do in the game, enough to make you keep coming back to it again and again.
Old 10-11-06, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
And I haven't even started overtime mode yet!

IMO overtime mode was extremely disappointing. I really loved the main 72 hour mode, doing all the scoops and rescuing survivors and everything. Overtime mode definitely felt like it was tacked on. It was really just a single long fetch quest that can be completed in an hour the first time through. On my second playthrough, since I knew what I was doing, I completed overtime mode in 20 minutes (real time).
Old 10-12-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok. I just got Dead Rising today. I dont' want to read through the entire thread just yet as I dont' want any spoilers. I do have a couple questions for ya'll though.

I heard / read there was a confusing save feature.. What's the deal with this?
Also, are there any tips (not spoilers) before I start?

Thanks!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.