Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Best site to rent Games online?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-22-06, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry if this has been asked before I tryed searching and coulnd find anything... Whats the best online site to rent videogames from? gamefly? blockbuster?
Help please
thanks
Old 02-22-06, 06:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Personally I haven't found a good place on line yet. Gamefly is the best of the few I've tried but since they only ship from the west coast you'll get horrible turn around time in NY. Triggerfingers was the other one I remember trying off hand and it was ok but the selection wasn't the best and it always seemed to take them awhile before they had new games available. BTW I don't believe Blockbuster has an online rental for games yet, they only have an in-store deal. Which is actually what I would recommend. If you have a BB or Hollywood Video (around here they always seem to have a better selection) I would go w/ their in-store deals. It's usually something like $20 for 1 out at a time. When I was w/ HV I would stop by every other day or so and swap games (just trying some out to see which ones I wanted to buy later). In 3 months I was able to get through about 30 games (all of which looked interesting but only 4 of which I ended up buying).
Old 02-22-06, 07:22 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

I'm an East Coaster and I find Gamefly to be fairly quick for an online service. I went through 8 games in my first month. Gamefly's speed is highly dependent on the post office and thier ISO system, though.
Old 02-22-06, 09:38 AM

I've been using gamefly for about a month now. Have had 1 shipping problem, but their customer service was able to determine it wasn't on my end because the PO had scanned it. I'm in IL and the turn around is about 3-4 days. I normally play 1 game until the next one arrives and then ship the one I was playing back to get the next one.
Old 02-22-06, 10:43 AM

Thank you all for your Advice I think I will go with gamefly
Old 02-22-06, 10:58 AM
Cool New Member

Gamefly's also nice if you want to keep the game. You pay a reasonable price, and they ship you a new box & manual. (You keep the disc you have.) It's pretty great even for getting new games. For example, the "keep it" price on Fight Night Round 3 (360) is $47.99. You'd have a hard time buying it for that price. I don't worry about the used factor with gamefly generally because you actually have the disc to see if it's messed up before you decide to keep it.
Old 02-22-06, 07:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One nice thing about GameFly is even if you drop the service you get to keep the accuont and have access to the store. Not everything they sell (via "keep it") is available in the store but most things are. The only thing you don't get is free shipping on a regular basis, but any sales they have you have access too