Old 03-15-06, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet! thanks!
Old 03-17-06, 06:49 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Oh what a frustrating game this is.
Once again, I was shut down two different times from getting the achivement that has so far eluded me. And one that everone else seems to have. Even a new 360 owner has the darn achivement.
I kept my headset plugged in, but took it off my head. That is why I didn't say anything the rest of that night.
I do need to get you all back in a lobby tonight. Since I have one takedown on 4 of you from last night, and I think one on Duster. I need to create a lobby and get you all in there to unlock another achivement, since I was able to score a takedown on 5 people. I will be setting up a lobby tonight. I just hope that I don't have to complete a race and get back to the lobby with those takedowns still in place.

It will be the Being ahead of 5 Rivals achievement that Czar has, Most Wanted. I think he is the only one of our group so far with that achivement.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 03-17-06 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-17-06, 07:33 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I hope Halo night goes better tonight then it did last week.
Because if not, I'll be back playing Burnout tonight.
Old 03-17-06, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This isn't the weekend of free Live is it?

While I am sorry for adding to your aggravation last night I did enjoy you gunning for me hardcore after that. Well, other than you hiding behind the illusionary red walls. I swear, you hiding in the back and Czar racing ahead to hide. Sheesh, what's a mediocre player like me to do?
Old 03-17-06, 07:49 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by xmiyux
This isn't the weekend of free Live is it?

While I am sorry for adding to your aggravation last night I did enjoy you gunning for me hardcore after that. Well, other than you hiding behind the illusionary red walls. I swear, you hiding in the back and Czar racing ahead to hide. Sheesh, what's a mediocre player like me to do?
I was hiding at that point because I had a takedown on all 5 of you, even my team mates. I just needed to go back to the lobby. However, the problem was that I was on the blue team. So, I either had to have my team win, which was impossible as the other two were elimiated. Win myself, and chance losing my takedowns. Or time it out, which wasn't going to happen because it was a 10 minute round and we had 7 more to go.
What happened in that one is that everyone lapped me, someone came from behind me and pushed me forward enough for you to take me out, settle the score and eliminate me, making your red team win.

The other matches I kind of hung back as well to protect my takedowns. I am intact with them, except you got another one on me, so I'm down one to you. But I still have one up on Czar, General, UncleGramps and Martin.

So, I need them in a lobby with one other person I have one up on. And I hope as soon as I get them all in the lobby, I can unlock that achivement, so I can go back to racinng like normal. I'm hoping I don't have to have them all show up, race and keep one up on everyone and get back to the lobby. It should be an instant achivement, I hope, once I get 5 people I am ahead in takedowns on.

I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never get the 5 in a row on someone. I've gotten to 4 8 times so far to be denied.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 03-17-06 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-17-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Vryce
I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never get the 5 in a row on someone. I've gotten to 4 8 times so far to be denied.
You'll get it on someone eventually as we get more people in multiple lobbies. Heck catch me one evening after a drink and before bed and my driving is so terrible i'd be easy pickins. You could also just try picking on General - i was almost 8 up on him last night.

Martin is another pretty easy target, although he has taken to running away like Czar
Old 03-17-06, 09:09 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Nah.. I had 3 up on martin last night to, and he got a bs takedown on me where I spawned right in front of him and he hit me causing me to crash and gets the takedown.

I didn't have a chance to even move out of the way. They should really make it so you are invincible for 5-10 seconds after you spawn so that incase you spawn right in front of someone going full speed at 200 mph, they don't get an easy takedown on you because they hit you as you are stationary and starting to move.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 03-17-06 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-17-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm unlike the rest of you girls I don't like Czar winning every single race, so I'm "Running Away" for the better of the entire group to go take him down, which I did............7 times in a row last night
Old 03-17-06, 09:14 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Czar wins too many races. He needs to hang back more and rough up cars with everyone else.
Old 03-17-06, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is the most infuriating game I have played since NES. Seriously. I wish everyone would just move on to GRAW and leave this thing in the past with its crappy BS oncoming traffic you can't see unless you are in-car, and then you can't see people trying to take you down. Argh.
Old 03-17-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I'm debating getting this game . . . or perhaps Ghost Recon. What do you guys think? I already have Madden, Tiger, PDZ, and COD2
Old 03-17-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Heh, Sell Madden, Tiger, and PDZ and get both.
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by DamingR
This is the most infuriating game I have played since NES. Seriously. I wish everyone would just move on to GRAW and leave this thing in the past with its crappy BS oncoming traffic you can't see unless you are in-car, and then you can't see people trying to take you down. Argh.
I've considered it.. But it is fun, at times.
Just join my lobby tonight for a moment when everyone else is on, before we settle into Halo.
I want that achivement. I think I have a takedown on you Duster. I'll coordinate everyone tonight.

Originally Posted by RichC2
Heh, Sell Madden, Tiger, and PDZ and get both.
Agreed!!
Old 03-17-06, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by DamingR
I love this game.

Sounds to me like you need to get a bigger TV. I don't seem to have any trouble seeing oncoming traffic from the third person perspective. You get used to the little white headlights and learn to avoid them.

It really surprises me that you dislike this game so much. You really did well on PGR3. I guess it is a differnt type of racer, though. I didn't do so well at PGR3, but I'm ok with Burnout.

And, to Canis, I have tried to mix up the car top speeds a little, just so I'm not running away with the Nixon so much. It seems to have worked. I lost a few races last night, and even a series to Chiwotweiler (by one point, damn it) and Martin (also by one point ) I love that little car, though.
Old 03-17-06, 10:06 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah, I noticed that last night. You actually came in last one race, I think.

Join my lobby tonight. After getting burned ont he 5 in a row, the least you can all do is come into my lobby long enought to unlock an achivement I did earn. Well, once I get all the proper parties in place.
Old 03-17-06, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Vryce
Yeah, I noticed that last night. You actually came in last one race, I think.

Join my lobby tonight. After getting burned ont he 5 in a row, the least you can all do is come into my lobby long enought to unlock an achivement I did earn. Well, once I get all the proper parties in place.
Canis I'm heading down to Indy tonight so I won't be on till much later if at all.
Old 03-18-06, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won!

For those who have been playing the game for the 21 Days of Carnage contest, check the website and scan the winner lists for each day. I found my name listed among the winners for the 14th.

Seems like emails may be very slow going out, so check it out and see if you won as well.
Old 03-18-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Congrats. Looks like you won a Plantronics headset. (one for each hourly winner).

Where did you find the list? I can't seem to get to it.

Alternately, you may also enter by sending an e-mail with your name, date of birth and email address with the words, "Burnout Revenge 14 Days of Carnage Sweepstakes" in the subject line to [email protected] (the "Email Entry or Entries) anytime during each Hourly Period.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 03-18-06 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-18-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.ea.com/official/burnout/r.../us/events.jsp

There is a menu on the left side that will allow you to click and see winners from previous days. The list will appear on the right that will show the gamertags that won for that day.
Old 03-18-06, 04:16 PM

I may be breaking my Live cherry tonight with this game. If anyone wants to add me I will probably be easy pickins'.
Gamertag is same as my DVDTalk username.
Jamie
Old 03-20-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked this up last week and just started playing this weekend. Went through the first two sets of missions with and working on the third now. Played a bit online but didn't know all the boards yet so crashed a lot, but was extremely fun!

Gamertag is DLGOTH if you see me out there
Old 03-20-06, 07:44 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Ugh. The third set of races is majorly pissing me off.
I have them all perfect, except the last race. Its a preview race, and you have to get to the finish line in 1:21 or less. I've gotten there in 1:27, but mostly I get there around 1:35.
It is a fairly difficult track, but what makes it worse is the car you have to drive. Its a very poor handling car and I've found myself skidding in one direction many times, even when I am trying to go the opposite direction.
Old 03-25-06, 04:47 PM

if anyone is looking for the celebrity status achievement, now's the time. they reset the top 20 and i happen to be on at the right time, so now my crappy clip is number 1 on the list.
Old 03-25-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
There are a ton of people on the xbox forums helping each other out. A user also created a database of users still seeking it. Just head over there and check it out. You can add a ton of friends and get it quite easily.

But please be kind to others. once you get your achievement, take it down so others have a chance while it is still low. This will also help keep the top 20 low.

I got minie last Wed. with 12 views and helped a half dozen others attain it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.